• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mahalak

Let's Get It On, Mahalak!

It's one thing to know what's right, another to do it. Time to do it!

Centering Prayer - an important way to start the day.

Weight Exercise - 3-4 times per week, largely bodyweight

Walking - aiming for 50K per week

8 Cups of Water per Day

On Forum 3 days per week - I'm a loner, so it is too easy for me to disappear. Community is important!

• Like 5

On 5/10/2020 at 5:37 PM, Mahalak said:

On Forum 3 days per week - I'm a loner, so it is too easy for me to disappear. Community is important!

Agreed, how is the challenge going  so far?

11 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Agreed, how is the challenge going  so far?

well....hit and miss. Hopefully I can build some momentum. Thanks for checking in! How are you doing?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mahalak said:

well....hit and miss. Hopefully I can build some momentum. Thanks for checking in! How are you doing?

Totally understand. On the miss days, just remember that tomorrow is a new day and try and do better. Momentum can keep you moving sometimes when you don't feel like it.

My challenge overall is doing well. I had one really bad nope day, but most I have been able to do at least something.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 6:37 PM, Mahalak said:

On 5/12/2020 at 5:13 PM, juliebarkley said:

Preach.

LOL I have the same thing. 

How are you doing your walking? Where do you like to go?

• Like 2

On 5/10/2020 at 6:37 PM, Mahalak said:

Walking - aiming for 50K per week

This kinda just hit me - that is quite a bit of walking! Now I want to know your plan for this, too!

• Confused 2

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

First, to clear up any confusion, I've typed this shorthand for so long I forget it's shorthand! That's 5K STEPS per week! My bad! 🥴

I'm also realizing that I largely put in numbers that I had worked up to, and then slid from over time.

While I had been at 50,000 steps per week, sadly I slacked off from that. So it is silly of me to think I'm just going to back to that. I need to build up now, as I built up before.

So I'm thinking...

Centering Prayer - 10 min per day.

Weight Exercise - 3-4 times per week, largely bodyweight. This has been a consistent!

Walking - aiming for 40K per week, or less than 6,000 steps per day. I think I can achieve more, but again, I need to build up.

6 Cups of Water per Day - 1.5 of my water bottle per day. Need to cut down on the liquid crap I've been drinking. Eating out to support the economy has meant more Diet Caff-free Coke.

On Forum 3 days per week - I want to make this a priority.

I read a Quora quote on fitness today that really struck me. Nothing new or breathtaking, but it hit me nonetheless.

"Try not to miss the workout, go just for 15 minutes but mark your presence. This may not help you in your fitness directly but it will definitely make you much more disciplined. Remember 'Everyday counts'"

Peace out, everybody!

• Like 2

Looking forward to watching you go. I get having the oops and doing 50K instead of 5K. Typos can happen.

How is the walking going?

" How is the walking going? "

"The greatest plans of mice and men." I've been a mouse. I'm keeping my exercise up, I would just like to at least walk on my off-days.  Thanks for asking!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 9:03 AM, Mahalak said:

" How is the walking going? "

"The greatest plans of mice and men." I've been a mouse. I'm keeping my exercise up, I would just like to at least walk on my off-days.  Thanks for asking!

This I totally understand. Good luck. I hope the upcoming weekend and week are better for you.

• Like 1

Been getting my activity minutes in by finally finishing our unpacking after moving back in August (had some rooms to finish up first). Sadly, slept horribly last night due to back pain, so I've taken today VERY easy, hoping things settle back into form quickly.

• Like 1

I am so sorry your back is not happy. Hopefully it feel better soon.

Does it feel good to have the unpacking done? And I totally understand wanting to finish the rooms before unpacking everything. That makes logical sense to me.