Bigm Builds a Better Body

6 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

giphy.gif

Oh hey. I have a thread don't I? honestly, I haven't felt like updating here because the last 2 weeks have been blah. I've been around the forums, but my own challenge hasn't been productive or useful in any meaningful sense of the word. I am 12 weeks into lock down and I am going stir crazy. The brief glimpses of social contact at work have revealed how much I miss in person conversations. Also, it's shown me that I've definitely prioritized my career/work over any social life balance. All of my friends live in other parts of the USA and they are all of the type that I enjoy in person but Interweb interactions aren't the same at all. I feel that I am better in person; playing off one another, enjoying the present moment, etc etc. Or maybe that's all in my head and I am just as awkward in person as I am over the interwebs and my friends are Saints to enjoy my company.

Since I left Texas in 2015 I haven't put much (any) effort into making IRL local friends. Friend making has always been difficult for me, and doubly so since I am now an adult who has the ability of just going home. Without shared communal spaces (school, roommates, gym/crossfit, other extra curricular activities) it's easier to ignore the outside world than it is to go out and socialize.

As much as I enjoy my solitude, apparently I have a limit. Who knew! Woe be the world when lockdown ends, for I shall visit upon it such extroversion that none shall go engaged in Conversation!

/pity_party

• Like 7

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I feel you. Hang in there, this too shall pass. 

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

On 6/11/2020 at 7:07 PM, bigm141414 said:

Oh hey. I have a thread don't I? honestly, I haven't felt like updating here because the last 2 weeks have been blah. I've been around the forums, but my own challenge hasn't been productive or useful in any meaningful sense of the word. I am 12 weeks into lock down and I am going stir crazy. The brief glimpses of social contact at work have revealed how much I miss in person conversations. Also, it's shown me that I've definitely prioritized my career/work over any social life balance. All of my friends live in other parts of the USA and they are all of the type that I enjoy in person but Interweb interactions aren't the same at all. I feel that I am better in person; playing off one another, enjoying the present moment, etc etc. Or maybe that's all in my head and I am just as awkward in person as I am over the interwebs and my friends are Saints to enjoy my company.

Sorry about the blah weeks. It's hard when friends move away for work, or when one moves away from one's friends. The interweb is indeed not the same. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

On 6/12/2020 at 4:07 AM, bigm141414 said:

As much as I enjoy my solitude, apparently I have a limit. Who knew! Woe be the world when lockdown ends, for I shall visit upon it such extroversion that none shall go engaged in Conversation!

Crazy huh. Hope you get some more human interaction the coming weeks. 

Also... you're not awkward over the interwebs. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram