• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neeko

Back to the Basics, Neeko.

*Neeko quietly and discreetly finds a place in the Rebel challenge section. She feels happy that she decided to come here at such an opportune time! Considering her current journey carefully, she outlines her current objectives and displays them for her fellow Rebel's.*

Strength

Set up place to do yoga in my office

Do yoga 5 times during the challenge

Dexterity

Paint 5 times during the challenge

Stamina

Take the dogs out walking 5 times during the challenge

Constitution

Track all food eaten every day

Get blue dots on at least 25 days during the challenge

Wisdom

Focus on classwork for at least 1 hour every day

Complete 40 NCLEX questions every day

Charisma

Check in here 25 days during the challenge

<Challenge Tracker>

• Like 7

Day two completed! We're off to a great start! Plus my boyfriend and I weighed in today and we both lost! I'm down 6lbs and he's down 7lbs. I'm so proud of him and me. I've been giddy all day about it, its so silly. lol

• Like 3

I love the fancy tracker.
Welcome to the rebels. Good luck on the classwork. I totally understand needing to focus on it a set amount of the day

3 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

I set up my challenge the same way you did! It's a good structure. :)

What are the blue dots for CON?

I'll have to check your challenge out! :) My boyfriend and I have been struggling with weight loss for some time now. We decided to try something with a little bit more structure so we decided to try Weight Watchers. You get blue dots on the days that you stay within your point parameters. 

2 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I love the fancy tracker.
Welcome to the rebels. Good luck on the classwork. I totally understand needing to focus on it a set amount of the day

Thank you! I needed a more visual way of keeping track of my challenge this go round. I think I'll continue to do the excel sheet from here on out. And yes! This class is kicking my butt. I need to be sure that I'm focusing on it every day. Plus I've been really slacking due to some depression issues so I'm really trying to get back on track.

• Like 2

Day three down! Not a bad day. Checked my dailies off the list. I intended to do yoga again today but I ran out of steam. Maybe we can shoot for it tomorrow or for walking or painting. We shall see what tomorrow holds!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

You will of course share your paintings? ;)

Well of course! Granted, that is, if I can convince myself to paint. lol

• Like 2

Today was a bit of a struggle. I tracked my foods, got my blue dots, checked in here but that was about it. Once I got home from work it was like the life was drained out of me. So the only classwork I got done is what I got done at work. That was not much. But, I guess something is better than nothing, right?

• Like 2

Another day down! Pretty sure my weight is up, I've felt pretty bloated all day, but it's fine. Work was busy, I didn't eat nearly as many veggies or my other snacks. Which is good! I'm still hungry once I get home from work but it's nice to have more points to work with for dinner. I got my blue dots, tracked everything, checked in here, and worked on some classwork. I didn't accomplish as much as I would like with the classwork but my assignment is turned in and I'm going to be able to go to bed on time so those are good plusses. No extracurriculars for today.  

• Like 3

On 5/13/2020 at 9:20 PM, Neeko said:

I guess something is better than nothing, right?

Yes.

And you had a pretty decent day the next day too.

23 minutes ago, Neeko said:

I didn't eat nearly as many veggies or my other snacks. Which is good!

Why is not eating veggies good??

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 9:40 PM, juliebarkley said:

Yes.

And you had a pretty decent day the next day too.

Why is not eating veggies good??

:) I was more so proud of the fact that I didn't feel the need to eat all of the veggies. Since we started doing WW and actually being mindful of what we're eating, I found that I snack a lot during the day, especially at work. When I wasn't able to snack on carbs at work anymore I was struggling and still wanting to eat all the things but my metabolism is finally adjusting and I'm not as hungry at work now. Which is an awesome feeling. Definitely an adjustment and a good one. 

On 5/15/2020 at 7:52 AM, theflyingaccountant said:

Just popping by to offer some encouragement. That excel tracker is pretty legit.

Thank you! Welcome to my challenge. :)

• Like 2

So yesterday was a bit of a bust. I didn't really accomplish anything. It was another day of feeling drained when I came home from work. We had dinner and then I basically crashed. I was sitting there with my man just nodding off. I couldn't convince myself to work on my class work at all. I was going to jump on the forums while I laid down but its not working on Tapatalk so I lost interest and just fell asleep super early. Consequently I've woken up early today. I was up at 5:30am. I have to assume the forever sleepy feeling is a result of the medications I'm on but I feel a lot better than I did without them. I'm actually sleep with them too. My previous lack of sleep may be catching up to me though. 

So a quick Google search informed me that excessive yawning is most definitely a side effect of the antidepressant I'm on. So at least I know where that is coming from.

Edited by Neeko
Quick Google Search
  • Like 3

Another day down. It was not very productive and while I've spent a lot more time than I have been on classwork this week than I have been, I still did not get a good grade on my quiz. This upsets me... but I guess I just need to work harder. I've stayed within my dietary goals though. 

On the plus side.... I got engaged yesterday!!! 🥰

• Like 3

Today was okay. It was my fiancé's brother's birthday today.  I knew we were going to have a high calorie dinner so I ate mostly fruit today. We ended up ordering Japanese food. It was fantastic. I still managed to stay in my point goal for today and got my blue dot! We spent a lot of time in the car this evening. We had to pick my fiancé's mother up from the train station to take to his grandmother's home. I worked on class work while in the car. And now it's beyond time for sleep. See you guys tomorrow!

• Like 2

Another day down! 

I achieved all daily goals. I also added doing 40 NCLEX questions a day to my dailies. So we'll see how this goes. But I need new ideas for making this class work. I'm so concerned I won't pass it. But, I digress, I got this!

On to the next!

• Like 3

First off

congratulations-on-your-engagement-greet

Secondly, it sounds like you are doing great.

As far as the schoolwork goes, I get it. Some days you just don't wanna. But you are doing good. I know the quiz didn't come back as you hoped. Do you have an idea what worked or what didn't? I don't know the specifics of your school, but I know I had a number of things that were open book, the teacher may not of mentioned it. What is the class in, Maybe we can brainstorm something that might help?

Good luck this weekend.

• Like 1

@Bean Sidhe and @Rookie, thank you!

I've been a little absent but the weekend was a tad bit busy. Yesterday we took the dogs to the state park and walked around a bit. We looked at some wedding "venues" there as well. It was an awesome day. I didn't work on any classwork though. After dinner I was laying on the couch with my laptop and I woke up to my fiance poking me and telling me I should go to bed. I was very done. So I called it a night and went to sleep since my eyes wouldn't stay open. I made up for it though today. I did some reading, plus 115 practice questions! 

• Like 4

Another day down! I dragged a bit today. It was my first day back to my wonky schedule and my doc was not in a great mood. We made it through though. Albeit, not as efficiently as we could have. Its okay, though. Time for sleep, so we can do it again tomorrow but hopefully better.

• Like 2

It sounds like you are making progress and that you got a ton of homework done.

Hopefully today is better and you don't feel so dragged down.

• Like 1

Today was a better day. Not so productive on the class work front, but I did do a ton of practice questions. I got caught up at work for the most part. Tensions are appearing a little higher in the office though.  Oh well. One more full day with the lot for the week. I'm looking forward to a relaxing Friday morning after tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Hopefully work didn't get too bad. Or that you were able to relax for a few days.

Do the homework when you can. I have gone so far in the past to say I have x pages of reading and the quiz due in Y days. So that means I have to read X/y Pages a day. IT helps, especially when you have 250+ pages to read a week.

You got this.

• Like 1