Shotokan searches for emotional content

Day 21 - May 30

Great workout day today.  Today was a grab bag of training.  I really wanted to lift some weights today and that along with some bodyweight moves, kettlebell carries and swings, four really good katas and a Grokker workout to finished it up all in and hour and fifteen minutes. I need a few more workouts like this one.

Kata 82/100

Home workout: 18/25

Read: 16/25

Blog post: 0/1

• Like 1

Day 22 - May 31

Today turned into kata fest.  I ended up doing eight katas and some extra hip work.  It wasn't along workout but it was pretty good overall.

Kata 90/100

Home workout: 18/25

• Like 1

Day 24 - June 2 and Day 25 June 3

I needed a couple days off from training. I was so tired the last two days, I had no energy to workout. 

Day 26 - June 4

Today was back to normal.  A tough grokker workout and kata with kettlebell swings in between got the blood flowing again and my mind cleared.  My body is stiff for some reason over the last few days but today, it is better than the last two days.  Even though I was able to get some good sleep yesterday, I didn't feel good, like I usually do, when I wake up each day after working out the day before.  I was tight this morning and my mind was scattered from the lack of training.  I guess not more total days off for me.

Kata 96/100

Home workout: 20/25

• Like 1

I have been missing a few updates here but workouts are still plowing ahead.

Day 27 - June 5

Today was Zoom Karate class.  It was another good class and a tough workout with three full katas.

Day 28 - June 6

Okay, another rest day.

Day 29 - June 7

This was a good workout day.  I wanted to get some weight training and it went better than expected.  It felt good to lift again and I think some weights will be a part of the next challenge.  Five katas after the weights and a Grokker mobility workout finished it up.

Day 30 - June 8

Another Zoom Karate class after a quick Grokker workout to get warmed up.  This class wasn't as tough as the last few but still enough to get a lot done in a short.  The weight workout from the day before made my legs a little sore but after the warm up, I was able to move without too many old man noises.  I'm glad the Zoom classes are muted on my end.

Day 31 - June 9

Long day at work and a late dinner made today's workout a little sluggish but I was able to get in two katas, my home workout and some heavy farmers walks.

I did fall a little bit behind on the reading over the last 10 days but I am getting back in the groove.

Kata 100+/100

Home workout: 24/25

Read: 20/25

• Like 1

Day 32 - June 10

Today started with a Grokker workout, followed with five katas and some quick farmers walk and other dumbbell work.  The workouts are going well and it's the home stretch for this challenge.

Kata 100+/100

Home workout: 25/25

Read: 21/25

Day 33 - June 11

This was an interesting workout day.  My instructor had a black belt Zoom class in the middle of the day and with my job, I was able to come home and train and then go back to work.  It was one of the harder Zoom workouts or maybe the hardest yet and a great workout.  Walking afterward wasn't too easy when I got back to work but that was a small price to pay.

Day 34 - June 12

Today's workout consisted of a tough dumbbell complex and a kata at the end.  It's been a while since I did a complex and I might have to do these a little more often in the upcoming challenge. 

Kata 100+/100

Home workout: 25+/25

Read: 23/25

• Like 1