• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

Mr_Willes: DnD and Running

Cause ever since the plague happened i haven't been doing much else.

Last saturday was the event i have been training for since august last year. And since it was cancelled due to the plague it was substituted with a virtual event. So this happened:

image.png.290316ab7bf0cb24650f29cf7ca117cb.png

image.png.c5ddac86e39cc5dca9fe1b943fa3e73a.png

I got this goal of doing it sub 3h. I pretty much kept to the average K time i needed, at the halfway point i was 10 second behind. That's with something hit me mentally. It was a bit warm, and was getting warmer as i started at 9 in the morning. I was looking forward to the halfway point where i knew i would run in the shades for at least a couple of K. Wanting to make up for the couple of seconds i was behind. As soon as i got into that part (second part of the graph) my avg-time actually went up significantly (from 5:30/5:40 to ~5:50). After a couple of those K's where times slowly were just becoming worse and worse i decided it was more important to just get the distance in, than it was to pursue the sub 3 hours. Like usually i really start to struggle after the 25K, as you can see in the last part, the last 3K were just 20 minutes of myself trying to not slow down to a walking pace. I was so done!!!

For the upcoming time i'm just gonna continue to run, i tried adding in some dumbbell work, and even though i just literally just have to turn around my home office chair to do it, it just doesn't work out.

My next real goal i have set for my self is the Eindhoven Marathon. But this last run definitely made me realize i need some solid training to pull that off.

Next to all the running i also completely fell in love with Dungeons and Dragons

Player's Handbook - Player's Handbook - Sources - D&D Beyond

Got a weekend game going with several Rangers: @Jarric as DM and players: @DarK_RaideR / @jonfirestar / @Rhovaniel / @Charlie_Quinn  (and the WW of Jarric) and we just started a Global NF game with: @jonfirestar as DM and players: @WhiteGhost @deftona / @Kestrel Grey / @Red1263.

Next to the fun i have in playing / prepping for those i'm also bingewatching the first season of Critical Role (Vox Machina). I'm already 30 episodes in. So yeah that's pretty much my life in a nutshell these days.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

So is the (potential) PbP game still a secret at this point or just not mature enough to mention?

tenor.gif?itemid=3813934

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, deftona said:

You could do a lot worse than D&D and running! 

True, though i'm missing something at the moment. Maybe it was closing a chapter with the 20 mile run i did last saturday.

I'm missing a spot on the horizon that get's me excited. Aaah we'll just call it a blue monday, tomorrow i could be heaps better, let's just wait and see.

20 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

So is the (potential) PbP game still a secret at this point or just not mature enough to mention?

Oow that was meant seriously? Holy crap, my fingers just starting to ache, thinking about all the writing, and rewriting, and rewriting. I'm such a perfectionist in these things that single posts take me forever to conjure up. Now having to maintain a whole story, dude, that would take me so much time.

I mentioned i want to DM and i reaaly would love to do that, also cause i think i'm quite capable of doing so, but i think i need to start with a local face to face (DUTCH) group. I'm just not comfortable enough in english (spoken or written) to pull that of. 

3 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3813934

Don't worry, i'm not up for that (yet).

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Don't worry, i'm not up for that (yet).

you-are-braver-than-you-believe-stronger

Besides, don't think it'll be about spectacular long narratives like the ones you might see on some people's challenges here. Except for when the DM is copying the description text from a pre-made adventure, most games quickly descend to short, chat-like posts.

Ooow for the love of god.

Do we have an example where i can see a finished or in progress PBP? Just to have a peak of how things go. I've got some ideas brewing at the back of my head.

Also to keep on a bit of the physical related challenge i want to do at least 225K of running this next challenge.

45K a week

broken down into 3 days of running

short (~5)/ medium (~15) / long (~25)

Just to keep up till i have found a suitable schedule to work towards the marathon

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Ooow for the love of god.

Do we have an example where i can see a finished or in progress PBP? Just to have a peak of how things go. I've got some ideas brewing at the back of my head.

11 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Also i need to know who would be into this...

Should i advertise? Guildhall?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Choose Me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

41 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

i want to do at least 225K

I read that and immediately thought "this guys is cookoo".  Then I thought about some more, and I am already doing about 30k/week and I'm not even a runner.  So I guess you MAYBE aren't as cookoo as I fist thought :D 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

So I guess you MAYBE aren't as cookoo as I fist thought :D 

I'm not getting told that enough! I'd might even print this out and show my wife!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Hiiiii...

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along little buddy.

Good to see you here my Texan friend!

8 hours ago, Jarric said:

Hiiiii...

Just wanted to say hi GIFs

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Here for this of course :) xx

Always a pleasure to have you around Sal!

• Like 3

Today i will go have a pre-dinner run. About 10 miles, disable the audio coach (which will not let me know how fast i run) and just make it an easy run. Just to ease back into it after the taxing run on saturday.

The rest of the day won't be very interesting, work till run, have dinner, relaxing evening.

I did got back to my Skyrim game yesterday. My adventure brought me onto the path of the College of Winterhold. A part i could not recall at all. Which is odd cause i thought i was a wizard in their once. But after thinking about it for a while i guess i was thinking about the Oblivion i played. I started Skyrim the moment it came out (on the PS3), and it was at the end of 2011, which means it was about 8 years ago when i played it. Good to know when i'm done with my current character i can still replay it with a wizard!

Also thinking back about the early days of Skyrim, it was pretty buggy, especially on the PS3, there was a problem with savegame maintenance. If a savegame would reach the 20 MB the game just broke and it wasn't playable anymore. Now thinking of it i don't think i every brought a character higher than level 25 or so. Hmmm...

Well my mind wanders off. Also this morning i woke up sneezing and a clogged nose. I planned on going into work tomorrow, but i guess i'll see how i feel tomorrow morning.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I did got back to my Skyrim game yesterday.

Ah, this is my current addiction.  My current run through I am playing an Argonian named Hydensneeks.  Which probably tells you everything you need to know about him :D  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ah, this is my current addiction.  My current run through I am playing an Argonian named Hydensneeks.  Which probably tells you everything you need to know about him :D  

I knew you were running a game of this too. Even though it's a pretty old game AND i'm not playing it with ony mods (yet) it still sometimes takes my breath away how pretty they make these things look!

Actually i have been working through the main quest for the first time now, just to get it ticked off of my list.

• Like 1

Also the run yesterday went pretty solid, i felt really good running at a higher pace. I was constantly running at the pace where i knew i couldn't go harder, and in the back of my mind i was wondering how long i could keep it up.

image.png.4ac6f43be7e629b71adb724c97ed2971.png

• Like 3

Can I just say how cool it is that your regular runs take you across an international border and back.  "Oh, I just ran to another country and back this morning, NBD" :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Can I just say how cool it is that your regular runs take you across an international border and back.  "Oh, I just ran to another country and back this morning, NBD" :D 

I do that all the time, it's cause i live in the north part of town, running south i would have to run around all of our city, and that would leave me with a lot of busy roads and traffic. I always go run to the north, nice runs in the forest and between the fields. I think on my 14K run yesterday i saw approximately 15-20 people. It is kind of a hazard, i've heard talk of people getting fined for crossing the border (even a short walk or bike-ride). But i've got some places i can turn into right before the crossings. All of the bordercrossings i use have concrete slabs on them to prevent traffic, and apart from the odd cyclist or runner you don't see anybody there. Though it has this real East/West germany feel to it now...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It's cheating in the low countries. "Hey, let's make our countries really small so we can cross international borders all the time."

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's cheating in the low countries. "Hey, let's make our countries really small so we can cross international borders all the time."

That would be true if we were talking about hitting THREE countries in one go,  I meant more in terms of the border control itself.  People living in San Diego probably can't just jog through Tijuana on a whim without some kind of hassle and I'm 100% sure that a jog between Hong Kong and Shenzhen would be impossible, even though they are both technically in the same country.

• Like 2