Do anyone else have trouble getting up in the morning now?

Ok, so I am STRUGGELING! I work from home, as a teacher, but I don't have class every day, on mondays I have no classes, on wednesday nothing before late. When I was younger I was a night owl, but with blood, sweat and tears I managed to force myself into being a morning person. I became that annoying person who jumps out of bed at the crack of dawn to go for a walk or something. It also helped that I felt I always had a million things to do/wanted to do. Now I remind myself of how I was when I had a long period where I was unemployed. I wake up when the alarm ring, and then I just think...why? I have enough to do, no problem there, but I cant seem to get into it. Eventually during the day I also just end up watching tv...

So, it reminds me of when I was unemployed. I have no motivation to use this time to better myself or start on one of my billionth craft projects. I dont really even want to do my job hah! 

I kept thinking. Maybe this is because of the pandemic? Why is it like this? I am home all day, why do I need to get up, go to work, get home, to actually get the push to DO stuff! I am home all day now and all I have accomplished is learning the affinity suite and leveling another wow toon! 

Anyway. Is there anyone in the same situation? What are you doing, if you are working from home now, to keep a routine during the days? I tried keeping a routine, it worked the first week... 

It just makes me really frustrated haha. 

I just needed to ramble/rant a little, but I am very curious if anyone else is struggeling right now, and if it is due to the situation the world is in. And very curious of those who manage to keep a schedule! Thanks! 

Make a morning playlist, that can be your routine soundtrack to get dressed/fed/ready for the day.

Drink a glass of cold water to help wake yourself up, and a larger breakfast w/ protein also helps.

Go for a walk outside once you're dressed/fed, to get the blood flowing and out of the habit of just sitting on the couch.

Set alarms on your phone to remind yourself of meal times and/or tasks you need to accomplish.

Try time blocking, and working towards a SPECIFIC goal.

Unplug your TV ;)

But yes, this has been a really difficult/traumatic time for some folks, and everyone will respond differently. As long as you're getting your work done, and keeping up with the habits that help you stay healthy, give yourself some slack to respond to the stress in whatever way you need to. You don't need to be 'productive' right now, you just don't want to let yourself slide into unhealthy habits. :) 

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

On 5/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, Defining said:

Make a morning playlist, that can be your routine soundtrack to get dressed/fed/ready for the day.

Drink a glass of cold water to help wake yourself up, and a larger breakfast w/ protein also helps.

Go for a walk outside once you're dressed/fed, to get the blood flowing and out of the habit of just sitting on the couch.

Set alarms on your phone to remind yourself of meal times and/or tasks you need to accomplish.

Try time blocking, and working towards a SPECIFIC goal.

Unplug your TV ;)

But yes, this has been a really difficult/traumatic time for some folks, and everyone will respond differently. As long as you're getting your work done, and keeping up with the habits that help you stay healthy, give yourself some slack to respond to the stress in whatever way you need to. You don't need to be 'productive' right now, you just don't want to let yourself slide into unhealthy habits. :) 

Thanks for the reply! Morning playlist actually sound pretty cool, I love music and always use like a video game playlist whenever I work cus I read somewhere it helps, idk tho. I did try time blocking and it worked until my laziness won haha.

Im torn between the go easy on myself/ use the time to get your shit together mind set, so frustrating