• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Schaengel

First Challenge of my reboot

Hey everyone. NF Prime finally gave me the motivation to get back to the forum. Since start of the pandemic I’m working out nearly every day but since the results are not yet where I want them to be (because my nutrition is sh*ty) I want to get back to tackling those as well.

My biggest Challenge long term is to make it slow and steady. I’ll like to do everything at once and that will not work (with having a full-time position (at least when Covid is gone) working on my masters degree in the evening and spending time with my SO and friends).

For this challenge I choose some of the examples given on this forum. I think those will be good to learn to do slow and steady.

My Goals are:

Nutrition

• Substitute the morning veg. latte with, black coffee
  • Eat a healthy lunch with at least 1 part being vegetable

Fitness

• Don’t skip NF-Yoga after workouts

Level Up Your Life

• 5 minutes meditation daily
  • Floss at least 15 seconds each day

On top of that I’ll try to interact here and in the Discord from time to time. But (and that’s kinda my last goal) I’ll not push myself to it when other things take time (studying) and writing in NF would just be procrastinating 😉. Nonetheless I’’ll try to at least write a short update each weekend 😊

So looking forward to getting results slow and steady :D

• Like 3

I'm super impressed you're even attempting this while in grad school. Getting my master's is what made my diet go all to hell in the first place. Best of luck! You got this!

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 6:44 AM, Schaengel said:

On top of that I’ll try to interact here and in the Discord from time to time. But (and that’s kinda my last goal) I’ll not push myself to it when other things take time (studying) and writing in NF would just be procrastinating 😉. Nonetheless I’’ll try to at least write a short update each weekend 😊

I'm reading your post while procrastinating my classwork currently. So this spoke deeply to me. lol I hope your week went well!

• Like 1

Okay...that didn't worked out as planned so far XD. So since the masters degree stuff got really busy. I had to adapt and correct my plans.

My NEW Goals are:

Nutrition

• Substitute the morning veg. latte with, black coffee
    • [done it the first week and a half] my goal is to do it regularly this week. Also I added drinking water with my coffee in the morning at least that works well so far and I feel more energetic because I'm besser hydrated :)
  • Eat a healthy lunch with at least 1 part vegetable per day
    • Same as above. First 1 1/2 weeks than life happened

Fitness

• Don’t skip NF-Yoga after workouts
    • did it after every strength training Yeah

Level Up Your Life

• 5 minutes meditation daily
    • Nope, did it 7 times so far. Which is dumb because it would definitely help with stress. New goal for the last week find a time in the day to meditate. Startet doing it after training but that feels like a waste of time since I kinda rush it because I want to shower. In the evening also didn't worked so far. Will try somewhere between breakfast and middle of the day I think.
  • Floss at least 15 seconds each day at least every other day
    • Haven't counted but I floss a lot more often than before and since this always feels like a win that's really cool :)

Besides that I didn't really managed to interact here or on discord. I will definitely aim to get more involved here since it is always really nice and uplifting in this community.

Even though the results so far don't look good I still see some improvements that I will aim to further in the last week. Also I had to focus for nearly 2 weeks on a pretty hard term paper which I now have done. So hughe win at the end of this text :)

• Like 2

I dig the new goals! Personally, I think adjusting goals as you go is part of the key to success. I feel like sooooo many people want to get into better shape but end up not following through on their plans. If you can just make some tweaks instead of giving up, I think that's a really good sign.

Best of luck!

• Like 1