• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Magdalena Ravenclaw

Quarantine Challenge Makeover, part 2

20 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

This is a much bigger deal than it seems, for reasons that are unrelated to your weight.  A diet that doesn't make you feel deprived, is one you can live with. That is huge, especially if you have a history of lots of different kinds of diets and the mental side-effects that comes with trying to follow a restrictive diet that didn't work for you. Slow weight loss is sustainable weight loss, and considerably healthier as well.

Yes, you should absolutely celebrate this one. If you're not able to rejoice from the rooftops, dance around your kitchen for a few minutes. :)

I'm pretty excited about this one, it's just an assumption though (that I can maintain a healthy weight) since I'm not there yet. But hubby lost on this diet and I lost super slow so basically I'm hoping that eating this way maintains our losses. After I get to goal, I will do an entire challenge that is just about maintaining and weaning myself off vaping. (I hit the obese category back in February, gaining over 30 pounds in about a year. I panicked and resumed vaping after having been nic-free for 2 years.)

12 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Second what scaly said :) learning to eat to maintain or how to diet and not feel deprived are huge wins. And TBH most resources call for 0.5lb-1lb of weight loss per week as sustainable for the long term. Which 6lb over 10 weeks falls perfectly in that range. Plus you picked up new habits! WIN!

Yea, I know. But it's kinda discouraging when you are accustomed to losing 10 lbs a month (doing keto). But I end up binging when I do Keto cuz no chocolate = binge, lol. I eat 90% chocolate every day (on a good day, only 3 squares; on a day I take a test for school, a lot more, lol. And up to a whole bar on the weekends.) So yea, I know, I should be dancing about just being happy that I can eat chocolate AND lose weight. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

Yea, I know. But it's kinda discouraging when you are accustomed to losing 10 lbs a month (doing keto). But I end up binging when I do Keto cuz no chocolate = binge, lol.

Any diet that requires you to stop eating chocolate should be eradicated from the collective human mind forever. It's just too evil an idea to be allowed to exist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

I eat 90% chocolate every day

Hah! My first read through read that as "90% of what I eat in a day is chocolate"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GoodDoug said:

Hah! My first read through read that as "90% of what I eat in a day is chocolate"

Hahaha. I was actually a milk-chocolate girl but started forcing myself to eat darker and darker. And now I'm at the point that 72% is too sweet for me. I like 90% Sam's Choice (from Walmart) and 85% Lindt (which I only buy if Walmart is out). 

The same thing happened with mushrooms. I hated them so never bought them. Well, hubby loves them, so I would make him mushroom dishes and would always taste test to ensure his meal was seasoning properly, cooked properly, etc. Those little tastes ended up growing on me to the point that mushrooms are one of my favorite foods. I will eat meals that are 50% sauteed mushroom and 50% meat. 

If only this could work for broccoli. But no.

6 hours ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

I only lost 6.2 pounds over 2 challenges. 

I agree with the others, 6 pounds is plenty. You're doing great.

6 hours ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

I'm not sure I ever hit 6x a week just because I was too sore and needed more rest days than just 1. However, it was a success in that if I was not sore, I worked out. My next challenge is cutting down to 2x a week to allow ample time for healing between sessions. 

I've learned what to eat to maintain my weight, a diet that does not feel like a diet and does not make me feel deprived. This is hopefully the end of a 20-year yo-yo dieting cycle. In fact I should probably be celebrating this one from the rooftops, but since I'm not actually maintaining my goal weight, it's just an assumption. 

These are also great steps--you're making the habits that will take you where you want to go. And escaping from the yo yo diet cycle is a HUGE victory!!!! 

• Like 1