Staying accountable

Frizzer1

Hi Nerds, first time poster so go easy. Been a gym buff (no pun intended) for a number of years now. But with the lockdown, in the U.K., I’ve not been able to lift for 9 weeks! I’ve got band, mats, pushup handles etc but it’s not the same as the iron.

How we all staying accountable and ticking over?

Cheers,

Iain 

• Like 1

You have come to the right place. With the exception of the few lucky ones who have their own home gyms, we all understand your pain. We share it. *sniffles* My precious barbells... 

For me personally, working out is my anxiety medication, so even though it's not the same as lifting with barbells, stopping workouts is really not a good option for me. I am doing my best to force myself to do my scheduled workouts, and I have a patient Husband who gently reminds nags me if I forget. I am currently making do with a set of adjustable dumbbells, a couple of resistance tubes, and a yoga mat that I took with me when I went to challenge with the Druids for this challenge period.

Welcome to the guild!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

Welcome!

I agree it's definitely not the same as the iron :( I have a dumbbell collection up to 20# that I have been using. My gym also loaned out some equipment so I have a 12kg and 16kg kettlebell that I've been making do with as well.

Lots of great options out there for bands and bodyweight though!!! What have you been doing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

4 hours ago, Frizzer1 said:

Hi Nerds, first time poster so go easy. Been a gym buff (no pun intended) for a number of years now. But with the lockdown, in the U.K., I’ve not been able to lift for 9 weeks! I’ve got band, mats, pushup handles etc but it’s not the same as the iron.

How we all staying accountable and ticking over?

Welcome, Iain! 

Yeah, having no gym sucks. I'm just doing kettelbells every day instead of barbells 3/week. I do like the bells, especially the snatches, but they can't replace the epic struggle of a deadlift that's almost, but not quite, entirely too heavy.

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Hey there... still working out?

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27