My mom passed away a couple of years ago. She had been in poor health for a long time, and her life was an existence but not a good one. As our family gathered, I looked around one evening and realized that my dad, all of his brothers and sisters, and all of my mom's brothers and sisters were morbidly obese, diabetic, and physically limited by their inactivity and their weight. I realized that if I don't want to be them in 20 years then I better do something different.

I am active. I enjoy camping, hiking, backpacking, and fishing. I want to be able to retire someday, travel the country, and tromp through the woods everywhere. To do that, I need to adopt a lifestyle that supports those goals. That is why I am here. 

I eat okay but not as consistently healthy as I could or should. I have dabbled in strength training for a long time but never been as consistent as I need to be to make real progress over time. Mostly, I know what I need to do, but I lack the consistency and accountability to stay with it. 

A number of years ago, I was a consistent contributor to a forum called bodyweight culture. It was a great community and helped keep me motivated. Unfortunately, it died out and most of the regulars moved to FB. I have been gathering information from the NF site for a while now and decided that I should give the forum a try. So, here I am.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

• Like 5

Welcome! The forums have definitely helped me with accountability. I hope they can do the same for you.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru