• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

My boobs are noticeably uneven and I'm trying to lift more weights to try to even them out. I've been trying to lift heavier on the side with the bigger boob hoping that I'll gain muscle and lose fat in that boob. I'm seeing conflicting information on the topic and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

I have feedback, but you're not going to like it: most boobs are uneven. You will not be able to selectively change the size of them through either losing fat OR gaining muscle.

Trying to intentionally cause muscular imbalances can do lots of NOT GOOD things to your shoulders/posture/alignment. Not to mention that working muscle under fat is not going to result in additional fat being lost - it's the opposite in fact, where that muscle is going to get bigger. You cannot spot reduce fat - plus, that's not the only type of tissue in breasts.

I commend you for lifting heavier, but suggest doing so to gain strength evenly on both sides, and work on loving your body complete with all it's idiosyncrasies. 

• Like 2

Defining is absolutely correct, everyone has one boob bigger than the other to varying degrees and uneven training isn't a good idea. My best advice is to get a well fitted bra, fitted to the side of the larger boob and then tighten the strap more on the smaller boob. If the difference between the two is more than one size consider wearing a bra with moulded cups, as the cup of the bra having more structure will mean the size disparity is less noticeable, but unless the difference in size is a lot it's very unlikely the size difference is noticeable to anyone but you anyway. 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2020 at 8:11 PM, Defining said:

I have feedback, but you're not going to like it: most boobs are uneven. You will not be able to selectively change the size of them through either losing fat OR gaining muscle.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. All boobs are uneven. It's just more or less noticeable.

On 5/20/2020 at 3:25 PM, lby said:

I've been trying to lift heavier on the side with the bigger boob hoping that I'll gain muscle and lose fat in that boob. 

Stop this. Immediately. 

Building muscle does absolutely nothing to the shape or size of human breast tissue. Lifting uneven weights is guaranteed to cause you serious problems, and if you do it for long period of time you can cause imbalances and damage to your back, including your spine.

And if your first thought when you read that was that it's worth the risk, I implore you to seek help for your body issues. Everyone has uneven breasts, it's a normal thing and not something to be embarrassed about. Please don't try to "fix" it by lifting unevenly. Invest in quality bras and learn how to fit them to your shape the way deftona suggested instead. 

• Like 1