• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bashar Shahrouri

stuck at 20% body fat

hey guys good day to you all. im a a6 year old i weigh about 74kgs my height is 176 cm and i am stuck at 20% body fat. ive been at 20% my whole life except when this qurantine started i sat around eating, sleeping and watching netflix. i was 77 and i became 82 and was about 30% i hated how i looked i hated not being able to doo the stuff i was able to do like before ex: jogging, running etc. i decided to go on a 500 calorie deficit and my diet mainly consisted of greens and protein and tried to only get carbs from fruit. now im back to 20% body fat albeit 2kgs lighter. i found that im stuck at this weight and body fat percentage so i decided to up my caloric deficit from 500-1000 and incorporate cardio into my training plus about 5 minutre ab workouts daily. 3 weeks in and i should be 3kgs lighter or see some difference in mirror but im not seeing it. am i doing anything wrong here? why am i not seeing results and how can my body break the laws of thermodynamics. thankful for any answers. good day

3 hours ago, brayans said:

In my case good work clenbuterol.

In case anyone is wondering, clenbuterol is used to treat asthma in horses. It is on the World Anti-Doping Agency's prohibited list.

http://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/prohibited_list_2018_en.pdf

Please do not suggest dangerous substances as weight loss supplements.

• Like 1

I hope your age was a typo and I will assume that you are an adult. Every body is different and I don't have a complete picture, but I hope some of this will help in some way.

It appears that you have lost some muscle mass from what I can glean from your story. An ab routine is a great thing to do as a strong core will benefit all of your other lifts, and it should be done at least 3 times a week, just don't expect it to spot reduce fat in that area ... it doesn't work that way. Both nutrition and training will be important factors in getting you to a lower body fat percentage. My simplest advise would be to increase your calories from where you are now (though a bit lower than your maintenance), reduce cardio, and increase strength training. 

So, the problem with trying to lose body fat through calorie restriction alone is two fold: 1) you will hit a wall and stop seeing progress, and 2) you are taking away nutrients from your most metabolically active tissue, your muscles. Allow me to explain. Let's say you require a 2,000 calorie daily maintenance level and you want to create a 500 calorie deficit because you know you need to do so in order to lose some body fat ... not really, but let's keep it simple. If you do this completely through a 500 calorie restriction on what you eat, you will find that you'll get results, but then all of a sudden stop. It's extremely predictable because as you're doing this, think about all the calories and nutrients that you're also restricting from your muscles. Your muscles are going to be your best friends here. They are your metabolically most active tissue that allows you to raise your initial maintenance set point from 2,000 to perhaps 2,500 in a day. If you have that metabolically active tissue, like muscle, they will allow you to burn more calories throughout the day. Just because of the muscle you have to maintain while at the same time, you're going to allow yourself a lot more dietary flexibility in the long term. Instead, you should reduce calories by 100-200 from your maintenance and go burn 300-400 in exercise. 

When it comes to training, cardio is beneficial and should be done, but when you are at, say greater than 15% BF, then you should be focusing on weight training 2-4 times a week (along with following a proper nutrition plan and reducing alcohol consumption) and more like 3-5 times a week. That's not to say you should jump from training 0 times a week to 5 times a week, but rather gradually increase the frequency as your recovery allows. And don't forget to do complexes. Those should be done 2-3 times a week and can easily fit into your normal weight training routines.