SCOUTS Week 2 Challenge - Going the Distance

I got my run in yesterday, a best at 24:22, not quite as fast as you, Dawsy, but not bad for a post lift run! Today, I'll hit the bike and swim, methinks. I was thinking about getting a 6mi run in, but with a bit of tightness this morning, the swim could be just what I need to get loose!

Nice work ElJay. Good call on the swim...wish I was doing the same today :)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

The swim has been recorded. 00:10:03 I'm seriously thinking about some lessons. I'm soooo slow.

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

Actually remembered all my gear this time. Run, bike, swim, all complete.

Times? Inquiring minds want to know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

I just extended my local running route to 5k today. I'm still working on the Couch to 5k plan and week 2 is kicking my ass, so I wasn't able to fully run every interval. My timing is embarrassingly pathetic compared to nearly everybody else but I did not stop moving for a single second so I feel I've earned the right to say that at least I completed a 5k. It took me just over 50 minutes however so I'm worried that something isn't right with my mapping or something.

A ten minute kilometer is most people's walking speed and I was honest to god running for those intervals. My walk isn't that ridiculously slow, either, so I don't know where I messed up, any help figuring out my problem would be greatly appreciated. I mean, hell I got home wheezing and red in the face, nobody can say I didn't exert myself but my god, 6km/hr?! That's pretty freaking pathetic, isn't it?

Here's the link to my run on mapmyrun, please take a look and see if you can figure out why my time was so awful. I know I did walk a lot with the intervals but sheesh.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/124111627

MistyHalf-Elf Scout by day, Superhero mom of Flash and Black Widower by night.(STR) 3 (DEX) 2 (STA) 2 (CON) 1 (WIS) 3 (CHA) 4Current Challenge: My "Get off of my ass" Challenge

I just extended my local running route to 5k today. I'm still working on the Couch to 5k plan and week 2 is kicking my ass, so I wasn't able to fully run every interval. My timing is embarrassingly pathetic compared to nearly everybody else but I did not stop moving for a single second so I feel I've earned the right to say that at least I completed a 5k. It took me just over 50 minutes however so I'm worried that something isn't right with my mapping or something.

A ten minute kilometer is most people's walking speed and I was honest to god running for those intervals. My walk isn't that ridiculously slow, either, so I don't know where I messed up, any help figuring out my problem would be greatly appreciated. I mean, hell I got home wheezing and red in the face, nobody can say I didn't exert myself but my god, 6km/hr?! That's pretty freaking pathetic, isn't it?

Here's the link to my run on mapmyrun, please take a look and see if you can figure out why my time was so awful. I know I did walk a lot with the intervals but sheesh.

Hey Misty, looks like you've got this workout set to 'private' so I can't see the details. 6kph could be right though.

A decent beginner's running speed is ~7kph and a standard walking pace is about 5kph, so if you're running & walking at roughly 50:50 then your time is pretty much what would be expected. So definitely don't beat yourself up over it - you just moved yourself 5k, running a good chunk of it! By your own admission you are only a short way into the C25K, so there's no way you should even be able to do this.

Give yourself a pat on the back! Getting this far so soon is a major accomplishment, so don't worry about times - that will all come with practice.

Well done!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

Based on your mile time the time for your 5k makes sense. But it sounds like it was a great workout for you which is all that matters.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Shoot. I gave beating my PR on my hilly outdoor course a go. I got close. 29:04.70, my PR is 28:46.80, 17.9 seconds behind my PR. I wasn't as strong in the 2nd mile as my PR run but finished stronger. I might give it another go on Saturday.

So I gave it another go today. Had a little soreness in my legs, a cough, and thought I might have a fever at one point today. Wasn't expecting big things, but hoped to shave a few seconds off.

Smashed my outdoor 5K PR.

Did it in 27:09.85. Beat my previous record by 1:36.94. Pwned.

One of my goals this challenge is to run this course in 26:46.79. I'm not there yet, but a whole lot closer than I was before.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

I got busy with work for a week and nearly missed this. Thank goodness I independently decided to do a 5k time trial this weekend. :)

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Tryin' to beat my times, haha? Nah, I'm not the fastest in any of them, I'm sure.

Swim: 7:45

Bike: 27:42

Run: 24:22

Maybe not the fastest, but you've got me in all three. Nice speed with your endurance. WOOT!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

Do we do them all, or just one (or more)?

Do we get +1 Stamina for each one completed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines