• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

I have read of marrows in British books. Always wondered what they were. (Runs to Wikipedia real quick)
According to Wikipedia courgette  and zucchini are immature marrows. Hmm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Emma said:

This is what I’ve been using since the spa is closed

It works well

 

I might have to get one of those.

13 hours ago, Xena said:

Hoping your local COVID situation settles down soon, and of course that you and your family stay safe.

Great that you are building up stamina with the KBs. Hurting your back must be really frustrating.

Thank you. Surprisingly, I wasn't very frustrated about the back. My mood in general has been much better since my BP started coming down and I got on the Vitamin D.

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

So glad I came in here after lunch because that meal sounds amazing.  I hope your back is nothing serious and can get back to normal quickly.  Also, boo on Covid

It was good. You may want to use a third peach if you try it. Thanks.

8 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Hope the back tweak is just that and heals up ASAP. Also, stealing that pork recipe!

 

As I told WhiteGhost, you may want to add a third peach. Also, are peaches easy to find up there?

5 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

We call it baby marrows, for a reason I don't know of, but people intermittently use both zucchini and courgettes as well.

 

Sorry about your back, I really hope you manage to get some help with it.

 

*hugs* Little Bit.

Marrows, well let's just add more words for it!

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I hope your back feels better soon! 💚

Thanks, it's starting too.

14 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I hope the tweak is minor and that your back will be back to normal tomorrow. 
 

I'm not back to normal (pun intended) yet, but I'm better.

5 minutes ago, Emma said:

I have read of marrows in British books. Always wondered what they were. (Runs to Wikipedia real quick)
According to Wikipedia courgette  and zucchini are immature marrows. Hmm.

Language is fun! If you want to start a British civil war, show a picture of round, single serve bread and ask what they are called.

 

Not a full update yet, but I want to let everyone know how things are going so far. Instead of working 3p to 11p (1500-2300) I came in to work at 10 due to someone being out. Don't know what that will do to workout today, I'd like to get that third KB session in this week if it's safe for my back. Speaking of my back, it's not 100%, but it's better than it was yesterday after a good night of sleep (little bit slept through the night). However, I woke up with a headache and feeling kinda weird, but my migraine meds seem to have taken the edge off of that. I've had some very minor heartburn, but my head is OK, and my back is OK. I can function, and after the horrible headaches I've had in the past, this is very doable. Sra Tanque told me not to worry about helping with the baby, so after I had breakfast I stayed in bed till it was time to get to work. To make going down the stairs easier for her, I stayed with the baby in our bed while she took the stuff that normally goes downstairs with the baby so she wouldn't have to do it all in one trip (That's how she hurt her ankle last challenge). We tried a blanket fort where we were just under the blankets together, but Little Bit didn't seem to like it so I removed the blanket after a few seconds.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Xena said:

Gotta work up to the blanket fort I guess. Props for trying.

It wasn't a proper blanket fort I was lying down and she was sitting up and I threw the blankets over us. Her head was the tentpole. It was light enough that we could see (white sheets and a small top blanket) but she was trying to take it off her head so I removed the blankets before she started fussing.

 

 

 

Today is a good day. No workout, as I forgot I'm still on call for work till 11p (I'm at home now, but could have to go back if there is a request for a chaplain). A friend of Sra. Tanque's came over and we had pizza. It was good. My back feels better, not all the way, but better than this morning. My migraine went fully away, though I did have a tension headache in the late afternoon that ibuprofen took care of. Today was crazy at work, new PPE stuff. I can now get an N95 and face shield for being on COVID units, though I still don't go into the rooms (we use video conferencing). 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear that your back is doing better!

 

Also everytime you post one of the HISHE videos I watch like 4 more because they're funny! Thanks for sucking an hour of my day :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today was crazy at work, new PPE stuff. I can now get an N95 and face shield for being on COVID units, though I still don't go into the rooms (we use video conferencing). 

That’s a good sign! But I can really see how that makes your world tilt just a little more to the crazy side. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As I told WhiteGhost, you may want to add a third peach. Also, are peaches easy to find up there?

 

Third peach, check! And peaches are pretty easy to find up here, or at least they were the last time I looked, which admittedly was a while ago...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Glad to hear that your back is doing better!

 

Also everytime you post one of the HISHE videos I watch like 4 more because they're funny! Thanks for sucking an hour of my day :P

Thanks. And yeah, HISHE can really trigger youtube rabbit holes.

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That’s a good sign! But I can really see how that makes your world tilt just a little more to the crazy side. 

True. Even so, the little boy in me was excited about getting armor. 

4 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

 

Third peach, check! And peaches are pretty easy to find up here, or at least they were the last time I looked, which admittedly was a while ago...

 

I never know what produce is rare where. Global shipping has really made it easy to find fresh produce year round, at least for a lot of things.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Global shipping has really made it easy to find fresh produce year round, at least for a lot of things.

 

True, but when they eventually get around to sorting the whole Brexit mess then we might be out of luck for things like peaches!

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

True. Even so, the little boy in me was excited about getting armor.

I wish this had come out sooner

image.jpeg.3418f5a5a3cf5b9a29b82fdcf3466af8.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • That's Metal 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I wish this had come out sooner

image.jpeg.3418f5a5a3cf5b9a29b82fdcf3466af8.jpeg

I am totally going to add this onto my mask (even though no one here will understand the reference).  It won't be the same written in felt marker, but I have to work with what I have :) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

 

True, but when they eventually get around to sorting the whole Brexit mess then we might be out of luck for things like peaches!

 

Yikes!

20 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I wish this had come out sooner

image.jpeg.3418f5a5a3cf5b9a29b82fdcf3466af8.jpeg

It is cool.

20 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

 

Where can I buy one of these? I need one of these!

I wish I had one too.

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am totally going to add this onto my mask (even though no one here will understand the reference).  It won't be the same written in felt marker, but I have to work with what I have :) 

:D 

7 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

 

I also have a mighty need for one of these!

They should be more common.

 

I realize I didn't update yesterday. My back was bothering me and it was a sleepy day. It was good. Little Bit was playing on the floor and noticed my Kettlebells. We have them laid down because she's messed with them in the past. I heard a clink and looked over and saw she was sitting facing the handle of a bell and dragging the 15 pound bell towards her. I was panicked and very proud at the same time. We moved the bells to an area she can't get in to. We did some laundry, I balanced the bank account, cooked dinner, bathed the baby then took an epsom salt bath. They are very helpful. I'm still tight today (did Yoga before work) but better than yesterday.

 

Dinner was chicken breast (they were out of thighs) cooked with shallot and zucchini in avocado oil, then I added heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, and lemon juice. I served it with some mini-baguettes. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Little Bit was playing on the floor and noticed my Kettlebells. We have them laid down because she's messed with them in the past. I heard a clink and looked over and saw she was sitting facing the handle of a bell and dragging the 15 pound bell towards her.

 

Obviously a Warrior in training. The time to teach her how to deadlift is drawing near.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's a rough day when you have to sub out the chicken thighs. Good job on persevering!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dinner was chicken breast (they were out of thighs

Our store has been low on those lately too. Hope it's not part of the "New normal"😀

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I think it's time for her to learn to to swing a kettlebell😉

It is indeed.

9 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

 

Obviously a Warrior in training. The time to teach her how to deadlift is drawing near.

That's gonna be such a fun day!

2 hours ago, Xena said:

I know it's a rough day when you have to sub out the chicken thighs. Good job on persevering!

UGGGGHHHHH Thighs are sooo much better.

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Our store has been low on those lately too. Hope it's not part of the "New normal"😀

What I don't understand is there ought to be two thighs for every two chicken breasts. This may just mean I'm not the only one who prefers chicken thighs.

 

 

 

Today is a good day. I did some Yoga in the morning because my back is still wonky, but not as wonky as yesterday. Work was busy but good. Even there my back wasn't as bad. I came home and Little Bit was happy to see me. That's the best. She got a new sippy cup and a toddler fork and spoon, so we tried them out, and she used them a little. 

 

Dinner was very good. I started with some minced onion, minced garlic, and minced bell peppers (multicolored of course) in avocado oil with chopped yellow squash. I let that cook for a while then added white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. I then added some shredded rotisserie chicken and baby spinach, and cooked some more till the spinach was wilted. I then added 2 to 3 cups of ricotta cheese and stirred it in. After serving I topped it with Parmesan. It was amazing.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you been able to get into the chiro yet? sounds like your doing a lot better regardless.

 

Lil bit is so strong moving those kettlebells! 💪

 

The israeli couscous from the other day sounds good! I love israeli couscous with fresh herbs and veggies. I also like cooking it and then adding some dried fruit to the pot when it's all done and letting it fluff up a bit, like cranberries, raisins, apricots, or whatever you like. 

 

Stay safe!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 3:47 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

They should be more common.

 

The GF agrees with you there! I reckon I might be able to make one, maybe...

 

On 6/29/2020 at 3:47 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I heard a clink and looked over and saw she was sitting facing the handle of a bell and dragging the 15 pound bell towards her. I was panicked and very proud at the same time.

 

Sounds like a Warrior indeed :D 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I'm glad to see other people use this word too.

 

Glad you had a good day!!

I think I got it from British books and tv shows. I know they use the word at Hogwarts.

9 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Have you been able to get into the chiro yet? sounds like your doing a lot better regardless.

 

Lil bit is so strong moving those kettlebells! 💪

 

The israeli couscous from the other day sounds good! I love israeli couscous with fresh herbs and veggies. I also like cooking it and then adding some dried fruit to the pot when it's all done and letting it fluff up a bit, like cranberries, raisins, apricots, or whatever you like. 

 

Stay safe!

I have not been to the chiro, and just found out he's closed till next week (at least). She is so strong, it's awesome!

7 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

 

The GF agrees with you there! I reckon I might be able to make one, maybe...

 

 

Sounds like a Warrior indeed :D 

 

I bet you could make a lot of masks.

7 hours ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

Oh my gosh, that is awesome. They just came out with Hogwarts houses ones too. But I'm assuming (hoping) all this will be over soon.

I hope so too.

 

 

Today is a good day. More Yoga in the morning. My back feels better than it has since this all started. Not 100%, but better. It was even less of an annoyance today, which is good, because the chiropractor is closed at least till next week. The yoga, epsom salt baths, and Tiger Balm have all helped. Work was good again. We had delivery for dinner. Mood remains good.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.