A loner respawns for the 3rd time, decides to try this community thing

Hello, friends! 🤗

As the title might suggest, I'm currently beginning my third respawn back into Nerd Fitness. (Because I paid real money for this and, as creating forces of the universe as my witness, I swear I won't make that money go to waste! 🤬) I'm not much of a people person, so I never really posted to the forums before, despite my optimistic thoughts last year when I signed in here. One thing I've noticed about my three attempts before was that each and every time I managed a little bit further than the last. For example, it should be noted that I've actually been a member of the Academy since late-2017, so I find me even considering joining the forums during my last attempt was part of that progress. So I decided to begin that early this time and actually write up an introduction. Who knows, maybe this community spirit and accountability business will bring me forward and finally make me stick with things.

I'm a 25-year-old non-'merican from the Northern side of the globe. My hobbies include reading (despite not opening up a book in months), playing games - video and otherwise (you'll never meet anyone more serious about a match of UNO than me, I promise!),  and whenever I manage to drag myself outside I like to take nature photos. I still haven't leveled up that skill from still shots of trees, flowers, and occasional pidgeons, but I still feel very nice whenever I manage to take a good shot. (Maybe I'll post some of those here once I manage to get myself going!)

Going with the whole fantasy RPG analogy this place has going, I picked hobbit as my starter race. Like hobbits, I too am short and fat and like living a life of leisure, relaxation, and good food. At my core I'm a creture of habit and don't really like leaving my home base too often (at least without extensive preparation). Actually the reason why my most successful attempt at improving my fitness last year failed was partially because I found it hard to continue my already learnt habits while I was on a trip to a foreign country. Part of my goals is to find a way to not let lapses in routine to ruin my whole momentum. No one's perfect, so I should expect failures and continue on.

That should be enough for now. I'll probably make a thread of my own somewhere where I can continue my navel gazing a bit later. I'll be respawning officially on Monday. Wish me luck!

• Like 3

Welcome back (again)!

11 hours ago, Heliosis said:

Because I paid real money for this and, as creating forces of the universe as my witness, I swear I won't make that money go to waste! 🤬

Well that puts you ahead of me I guess. I haven't bought any of the paid programs (though I am eyeing up the Rings & Handstands). You're welcome here regardless.

My hobbies include reading (despite not opening up a book in months)

I feel you. I work with books and hadn't read much in months till the last few challenges.

I'll probably make a thread of my own somewhere where I can continue my navel gazing a bit later. I'll be respawning officially on Monday.

Monday is basically when the new challenge starts and that would be a great time to jump into the forums. There's a level one challenge forum for newbies and everything, just saying...

On 6/13/2020 at 4:34 PM, Heliosis said:

Because I paid real money for this and, as creating forces of the universe as my witness, I swear I won't make that money go to waste! 🤬

Ah yes, the motivation for me too!

I'll probably make a thread of my own somewhere where I can continue my navel gazing a bit later. I'll be respawning officially on Monday. Wish me luck!

I second the level one challenge forum!  It doesn't have to be a huge challenge.  Something as simple as get out and take a picture a few times per week. 

(you'll never meet anyone more serious about a match of UNO than me, I promise!),

I see your UNO and raise you a Pictionary.  I'm not that aggressive about it, I swear.

daily dare   46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

Pssst, you can still join a challenge :)

On 6/13/2020 at 10:34 PM, Heliosis said:

I'm not much of a people person, so I never really posted to the forums before,

Forum interaction is non-compulsory but it can help and be fun. Feel free to communicate what works for you on your threads (and experiment with what does and doesn't).

• Like 2

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6