AgentsSka :: The 666 Reset

AgentsSka

Hello.  Hi.  Hmmm.... 

Time to commit.  I'm back for a real challenge. 

Challenge Goals

1.  Be up at 0530, 5 Days per week.

I'm most successful when I workout in the morning.  I've grown too accustomed to sleeping in and missing that window.  No more.  (Inner monologue: Get the fuck out of bed and get moving!)

2.  Complete 666 pushups during the challenge.

This represents a modest daily pushup challenge starting at 15 per day and working up to 30 per day.  My total came up to 660 pushups when I mapped that out.  But, 666 is just so much cooler.  (Inner monologue: muwhahahahahah)

3.  Run at least 4 days per week.

I'm currently running approximately 1 day(s) per week.  The only way I can get back to where I need to be is by running.  (Inner monologue: So, do it you lazy asshole!)

4.  Strength work at least 3 Days per week.

We are in the midst of setting up a home gym.... which is not ideal when there is no supply from the retailers and the secondary market is freaking crazy.  So, the workouts may morph over time, but we are beginning with some mostly body weight and dumbbell work.  This could also be appearances at NP_zoom.  Anyway, this goal will morph I'll post regular updates about the coming week.  (Inner monologue: Remember when you were actually strong?  Lift heavy things again, fool.)  

5.  Modify the diet.

I've been eating whatever I want whenever I want for too long.  Time to put some structure to this.  I'm thinking I know the direction I want to go here, but will flesh it out a bit more.  (Inner monologue: healthy things taste good too.)

Anyway, hi.  Be seeing you around.

• Like 9

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

5 hours ago, AgentsSka said:

But, 666 is just so much cooler

Are you going to play your fiddle while Rome Burns?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_beast#Nero

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

13 hours ago, Xena said:

Looks like a very strong reset! Good luck!

How are youuuuuu!?  Nice to "see" you again.

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Are you going to play your fiddle while Rome Burns?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_beast#Nero

Damn straight.

• That's Metal 1

11 hours ago, AgentsSka said:

How are youuuuuu!?  Nice to "see" you again.

Good! Happy to see you again too 🙂

I didn't realize that NP had stayed active through Zoom. That's cool...or at least as cool as things can be these days. I'm with you on the home gym. Had a pull-up bar installed in my living room right at the start of the social distancing. Best decision I've made.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 6/14/2020 at 8:16 PM, AgentsSka said:

2.  Complete 666 pushups during the challenge.

This represents a modest daily pushup challenge starting at 15 per day and working up to 30 per day.  My total came up to 660 pushups when I mapped that out.  But, 666 is just so much cooler.  (Inner monologue: muwhahahahahah)

I love this. A lot!

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

iatetheyeti's odyssey: part one || part two

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

It's not running.

104128750_10222461288619121_154238457193

But it is getting me better prepared for running.  The last couple of weeks I've been rucking a few times a week.  Usually 5 miles at a time.

As I've started trying to get back into running, I've found my calves and whatever that little muscle on the front of the shin is screaming at me very early into any attempt at a run.  I'm acutely aware of the fact that it is because I haven't run consistently in - checks calendar - a millennia.  And, I'm also aware it's because I'm carrying 25 or so LBS more than my fighting weight.

So, what better way to train those lower leg muscles with less impact than running?  By adding more weight of course!  So... I ruck.

Actually looking forward to participating in this challenge. 

Glad you all are liking the 666 challenge... Maybe, I should rename my thread...

• Like 4

YOOOO. Wait, I've been running more than you?!?! What kind of hellish timeline is this?

• Haha 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

2 hours ago, raptron said:

YOOOO. Wait, I've been running more than you?!?! What kind of hellish timeline is this?

You have!

I've been very impressed with your efforts.

I've been drinking lots of beer and wine and sleeping in for the last... long time.  Now, I'm going to add the FITness back into this BIZzzness.

I’m missing the challenge goal where we hang out on a porch and drink beer and eat steak?

Also hm. Do I get to start yelling at you to be awake now? Do I try to combat you with the push-up challenge and just blatantly rip it off for my own? Do I invade your home gym like I’ve been threatening for ages now?

The possibilities are endless. 

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix is an Avatar

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

On 6/19/2020 at 7:25 PM, RisenPhoenix said:

I’m missing the challenge goal where we hang out on a porch and drink beer and eat steak?

Also hm. Do I get to start yelling at you to be awake now? Do I try to combat you with the push-up challenge and just blatantly rip it off for my own? Do I invade your home gym like I’ve been threatening for ages now?

The possibilities are endless. 

It's not a challenge to hang on a porch with you.  It's only a challenge to schedule it.

Actually, I've been doing fairly well on the get up early score.  The challenge is really in place to hammer it home so that my body clock is fully adapted.  But, sure - yell away.

666 pushups... Do it.  (Although, I already know that you did not do it.)

Home gym invasion is a definite.  Obviously.

-- Day one of the challenge --

Woke up at 5:15 - no alarm.

Rucked with the lady.

Pushups Done.

I was clearly being conservative when I calculated the push-ups.... but, that's ok.  I'm completely out of shape.  At least it's not something dumb like 100 per day right off the bat.

Anyway, Happy Father's Day to anyone out there with some spawn... and, remember:

IMG_7689.JPG.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, AgentsSka said:

It's not a challenge to hang on a porch with you.  It's only a challenge to schedule it.

Actually, I've been doing fairly well on the get up early score.  The challenge is really in place to hammer it home so that my body clock is fully adapted.  But, sure - yell away.

Home gym invasion is a definite.  Obviously.

-- Day one of the challenge --

Rucked with the lady.

Pushups Done.

I was clearly being conservative when I calculated the push-ups.... but, that's ok.  I'm completely out of shape.  At least it's not something dumb like 100 per day right off the bat.

Anyway, Happy Father's Day to anyone out there with some spawn... and, remember:

IMG_7689.JPG.jpeg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA! :)

• That's Metal 1

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

23 hours ago, AgentsSka said:

I mean if you give me the log sheet.... I’ll just play catch up.

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

23 minutes ago, AgentsSka said:

Ok.  Catch up.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, AgentsSka said:

@RisenPhoenix - Damn Hare... 

tenor.gif?itemid=14138224

Look, I spent YEARS chasing after your hare-y ass. So I feel it’s only right if I now return the favor. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Look, I spent YEARS chasing after your hare-y ass. So I feel it’s only right if I now return the favor. 

And, I look forward to getting back to that.

The stadium is going to hurt SO FUCKING MUCH when we are allowed to be back there.

For reference for anyone else reading this thread wondering what I am talking about - The Stadium is Harvard Stadium, which in the days before the world moved on, was open to the public to workout in.... and was gloriously painful.  Phoenix and I would workout with several hundred of our closest friends sort of like this:

• Like 3

So, that weird little muscle on the front of the shin is the .....

Tibialis.png

First off, Fuck the Tibialis!  I don't think it has the same ring to it as Fuck the Police, but, it will have to do.

Ok, not really.  But, it is the current source of my discomfort as I try to get back into a shape other than doughy.  So, time to Strengthen the Tibialis! 

While scouring in stock items at Titan Fitness, I stumbled upon this little machine for which I could not figure out what it did.

image.thumb.png.fde427d4a5c18ad6fac5808a761e8ec7.png

The google taught me that it is specifically to help strengthen the tibialis by curling your feet up towards your shin.  Add change plates to increase intensity.  It seems like waaaaay too much of a specialized piece of machinery for my garage gym, however.  So, I'm now looking for short bands... which are of course mostly out of stock... to replicate the movement and add resistance.   Bands, I can at least utilize for more than one movement and one tiny annoying muscle.

Toe lifts! You can def do them with just body weight -- do a shit ton of reps.

I went to the stadium 3 times in March/April before I decided it was too busy for my COVID comfort levels. I bet it's still slammed (if it's even open). 

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

20 minutes ago, raptron said:

Toe lifts! You can def do them with just body weight -- do a shit ton of reps.

I went to the stadium 3 times in March/April before I decided it was too busy for my COVID comfort levels. I bet it's still slammed (if it's even open). 

It's been closed for some months now.  :(

OOOoooh.  Toe lifts.

11 hours ago, Xena said:

the good old "write the alphabet with your toe" always helped me. No idea what that actually does, I guess just stretches it out? but it seems to help.

I have never heard of this before.  

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.  I have been fairly fortunate in my fitness career with regard to injuries, so I apparently haven't learned some of these very useful random stretch exercises.  Planning on a rolling session tonight - I'll add this to the mix.

• Like 1