• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

h3r0

Summer (h3r0) is Coming, Part 2

nick-sinclair-buckaroofront-a-web.thumb.jpg.a47746e8644c4938a5ba7857ef143c61.jpg

Hiro, hero for hire. Ruthless, intelligent, efficient. You have an impossible problem, then he's the man to call. Slim, trim, cocky grin, completely self contained and self assured.

He stays in peak physical condition through training and daily activity. His body looks like it was carved out of wood, strong and capable, lean and hard, without bulk, but flexible and defined.

He has more than enough energy to run, jump, and play all day, with energy to burn, never stopping and never quitting until he is done.

He has a warrior heart. Being a Warrior is standing up for you and yours. It is being willing to fight even when you know that you are going to lose. A warrior protects, a warrior stands up for what is right, and pray you never find yourself on the wrong side against him. 

------------------------------

EveryHero_purple.jpg.cedaa054868c50fd4947d5b83bc40025.jpg

So this is my 12th straight challenge in a row! A solid year! That's crazy, I didn't realize it had been so long. Training wise I have progressed a lot. Side quests and other areas of my life I have not really focused on much but going forward in future challenges I will start to branch out with other things than just training. 

JUNE CHALLENGE

summer.png.fd974d6affaddf09b50832f4b2c264ed.png

Summer is here. 

Goals for this challenge will pretty much stay the same as last challenge to build upon them. 

I want a summer body. I've never had ab definition before but I am pretty close right now. I'm not sure if I can do it by the 4th of July but I am going to try. I want to take my shirt off and strut. 

Starting weight: 195 lbs 

BUEmrQyCAAAJD0t.jpg.10435dac27f04fd5fc721b1598e725dd.jpg

#1 Training 

Right now I am sticking with mostly a kettlebell program. Looking at a 6 day a week routine. 

SUN / WED - Vanity workout Abs and Arms

MON / THUR - Lower body squats and swings 

TUE / FRI - Upper body presses, flys, cleans

download.jpeg.d00b14a2a3f373ee07740ca72e6d1f1b.jpeg

#2 Mobility 

My mobility still sucks. Keep focus on opening the hips with post workout stretching. 

90/90 stretch 
Pigeon pose 

452969863_download(1).jpeg.0ca98d6df47aca3c8d4eacca36088e85.jpeg

#3 Diet 

Not going crazy here. Going to stick with the atkins low carb type diet I have been running for the last few weeks with a occasional cheat meal for mental sanity. 

I dropped 5 lbs last challenge. I don't think I can repeat it but will target it to be 190 lbs at the end of the challenge. 

adventure-is-out-there.jpg.33e7ee60ea5d8b7f25123c5f99d54f67.jpg

#4 Adventure 

This one is hard to define. I feel so pent up between the quarantine and working from home and covid anxiety. I need some excitement in my life. I need to get out of the house since I never leave. The cabin fever is real. 

Obviously due to logistics I am not rushing off for a African safari (I wish) right now but I am picturing mini adventures to local locations even if it is just a park or wooded area. 

Goal is one mini adventure per week. 

• Like 4

Suns-Out-Guns-Out.jpg.477b46d3b1552afcabc956b9266c7b4b.jpg

Repost from this morning, with updates

Vanity Workout 

Jump Rope 

2x10 Weighted Crunches 10#

2x20 Russian Twist 10#

3x8 DB Curls 20#

1x20' Waiter Walk 

1x20' Rack Walk + Suitcase carry

That was actually nice. As a rule I hate any ab exercise but adding weight made it seem like lifting. I have definitely gotten stronger. In the previous challenge I experimented with different carries and I couldn't do the waiter walk. It was definitely tough but I could actually do it. So I am happy about that. 

This afternoon I actually got a adventure in! (see next post) 

Covid / Mask Rant coming... 

Tonight I was craving fried chicken so I called in a pick up order at the chicken bar. (Not it's actual name but Yes it's a bar that just happens to also sell fried chicken. The good greasy kind that comes in a paper bag with slices of bread in the bottom to sop it up so it doesn't fall through the bag) The place was packed. People sitting next to each other at the bar, small groups of people drinking and talking, people sitting and eating and I was the only person who was wearing a mask. Not patrons, not staff, not others coming in for pick up orders, just me and added insult people looking at me like I'm the asshole. 

A month or so ago I would only see about 25% of the people out wearing a mask. Now my state has been open for a few weeks and seeing anyone with a mask is rare. Just frustrating to me. The numbers are of course going up quicker since we opened up as expected but everyone acts like it doesn't exist. Just crazy to me. 

• Like 2

Mini Adventure 

IMG_20200614_140542.thumb.jpg.03a13bb00a66967e8fecaa1d7d6a8bb2.jpg

The hero emerged from the forest into a clearing, blinking away the sudden bright sunlight he found himself standing before an ancient circle of stones. He moved cautiously around the edges, keeping close to the forest, checking for hidden enemies. After avoiding the mammoth spider earlier he was taking no chances. Once he was satisfied that he was alone he slowly moved into the center of this sacred space. 

Looking around at these tall stones he knew that this was a mystical place of ancient power. He carefully uncorked the magic bottle he had gotten from the wizard for just this sort of opportunity and allowed the rune covered bottle to suck in and adsorb some of the power of this place. Once completed our hero smiled knowing that his quest was finally underway. First one down, four more to go. 

Achievement:

Ancient Ruins Acquired 

1/5 mini adventure 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Being a Warrior is standing up for you and yours. It is being willing to fight even when you know that you are going to lose. A warrior protects, a warrior stands up for what is right, and pray you never find yourself on the wrong side against him. 

Love this bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

0738cd0a81c80b8b551097549fcbcd99--funny-crossfit-quotes-crossfit-humor.jpg.ebaa523997aa0e96d1acc5b6d67cf647.jpg

Training Day 

Jump Rope 

Hurdles 

6x10 KB Swings 

6x10 Goblet Squats 

Low back stretch 

90 /90 

Pigeon pose 

Butterfly stretch 

Took it easy with long breaks between sets, little tired this morning. I should have made a sleeping goal this challenge 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Covid / Mask Rant coming... 

Tonight I was craving fried chicken so I called in a pick up order at the chicken bar. (Not it's actual name but Yes it's a bar that just happens to also sell fried chicken. The good greasy kind that comes in a paper bag with slices of bread in the bottom to sop it up so it doesn't fall through the bag) The place was packed. People sitting next to each other at the bar, small groups of people drinking and talking, people sitting and eating and I was the only person who was wearing a mask. Not patrons, not staff, not others coming in for pick up orders, just me and added insult people looking at me like I'm the asshole. 

A month or so ago I would only see about 25% of the people out wearing a mask. Now my state has been open for a few weeks and seeing anyone with a mask is rare. Just frustrating to me. The numbers are of course going up quicker since we opened up as expected but everyone acts like it doesn't exist. Just crazy to me. 

This would be the last time I would visit there for a while.

I feel the same, it was my brother's birthday yesterday so him and I picked up some takeout from a local restaurant (burgers, pizza, etc). None of the staff were masked, only one table had half of the people wearing masks. People just sitting at the bar right next to each other, not talking. (which like... if you're going to go to a bar by yourself to sit there in silence and drink beer and watch TV, why not just do it at home?) And we got weird looks while wearing our masks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think for some people that it's just hard to reconcile the risk unless it has personally affected someone you know. Or maybe the communities have not yet been hit hard, so they think it is low risk? idk

Congrats on staying so consistent in your challenges!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Being a Warrior is standing up for you and yours. It is being willing to fight even when you know that you are going to lose. A warrior protects, a warrior stands up for what is right, and pray you never find yourself on the wrong side against him. 

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Love this bit.

Shades of Dragon Heart... :) 

And I share the mask-related frustration and anxiety everyone else has already expressed. I also live in an area where it feels like no one else ever begun taking the pandemic seriously, including the short month of the governor's Stay At Home order, and now that they are about to go into Phase 4 out of 4 of reopening, prevailing public opinion seems ot be that since we are tired of the pandemic, we have decided that it's over now. I can't even.

So I'm here for the solidarity, and for the mini adventures that I hope will inspire some adventures of my own.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 3:18 PM, h3r0 said:

This one is hard to define. I feel so pent up between the quarantine and working from home and covid anxiety. I need some excitement in my life. I need to get out of the house since I never leave. The cabin fever is real. 

Oh yes, yes it is. Looking forward to seeing your adventures, and good luck with the summer abs!

• Like 1

3aqa93.jpg.824909cd87d17b40668154d8673c0ee5.jpg

Training Day 

Halos 

3x10 DB flys 20#

3x6 Double KB OHP 

90/90

Butterfly stretch 

Pigeon pose 

Running short on time this morning and I was feeling the 3 hours I spent doing yard work yesterday afternoon. 

• Like 2

xjBAQ_NHoV4Qir5ecbYnFlXwfI9SFILdUUnNQODg9wE.jpg.2c6d441e2f40bf2d3cf86dedb39ed532.jpg

Vanity Workout 

Jump Rope 

2x8 Incline DB curl 20#

2x8 Tricep Raises 35#

2x10 Weighted Crunch 10#

2x20 Russian Twists 35#

1x30' Suitcase Carry 

90/90

Pigeon pose 

Upward dog 

Decent workout. I really need to get to bed earlier. I was excited that they released the first part of Harrow the Ninth that I stayed up late reading it. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, h3r0 said:

I was excited that they released the first part of Harrow the Ninth that I stayed up late reading it. 

Nice! The first is on my to-read list!

9 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Nice! The first is on my to-read list!

The first one is great. I've already read it twice. The sequel doesn't come out until August but they released the first part of it (140 pages!) for free download off Amazon. I know I will finish it and then be mad waiting till August. 

9 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

The first one is great. I've already read it twice. The sequel doesn't come out until August but they released the first part of it (140 pages!) for free download off Amazon. I know I will finish it and then be mad waiting till August. 

Basically you’re torturing yourself 😅

• Like 2

trap-bar-beginner.jpg.e12c8acf37693e739567532a4587073f.jpg

Training Day 

Jump Rope 

8/6 Trap bar deadlift 140/190# 

3x15 KB Swings 

3x10 Goblet squats 

90/90

Pigeon pose 

Tired so I took it really easy this morning. 90/90 stretch is only slightly better but I am getting a lot deeper in the Pigeon pose. 

Current weight 194#

• Like 3

beast-mode.jpg.4facc483ba140fd4227f83291f18251a.jpg

Training Day 

Halos 

8/5 Bench Press 115/135# 

2x10 Flys 20# 

2x6 Double KB OHP 

90/90

Pigeon pose 

A decent workout considering how tired I am. I was up very late last night with my old friends insomnia and anxiety. I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

I was up very late last night with my old friends insomnia and anxiety. I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight.

I hope you get some good quality rest.

• Thanks 1

Mini Adventure 

55f4ac4ed70765c21873e3c2d324cfba.thumb.jpg.b8d243bd6983cdded80fb4b6741e72c7.jpg

Our hero crouched in the darkness, sweating in the impossible heat. Before him was the Dwarven Forge, not just any forge, but THE master Dwarven Forge that even most dwarfs would never be able to set eyes upon in their long life time. If our hero was caught he would spend the rest of his days chained to a bellows or worse. 

It has taken months to sneak down here under the mountains. Those lessons so long ago in the rogue guild coming in handy. 

He carefully uncorked the magic bottle he had gotten from the wizard and allowed the rune covered bottle to suck in and adsorb some of the fire and metal power of this place. Once completed our hero smiled knowing that his quest was that much closer. Two down, three more to go. 

Achievement:

Forge Essence Acquired 

2/5 mini adventure 

• Like 2

f84966f4ce81a34c6f747677dff8f3f8.jpg.ca96d27725254b56751c78a179203ec1.jpg

Vanity Workout 

Jump Rope 

2x8 DB incline curls 20#

2x8 Tricep Raises 16kg

2x10 Weighted Crunch 10# 

20/15 Russian Twists 16kg

1x20' waiter walk + suitcase carry 

Good training session. The house is a hot box. The AC died last night and I have to replace the entire unit. Uggh

• Like 2

Mini Adventure 

IMG_20200621_145947-EFFECTS.thumb.jpg.7790b8d047623b63507b376341f0a898.jpg

The hero, through quickness, avoided the plague monsters on the island and made his way to the secluded beach. Compared to the last two steps of the quest this one was relatively straightforward. Finding a boat captain with the knowledge to navigate the swamps and sandbars to get here as easily as he did was dumb luck. 

He carefully uncorked the magic bottle he had gotten from the wizard and allowed the rune covered bottle to suck in and adsorb some of the sun and water power of this place. Once completed our hero smiled knowing that his quest was that much closer. Three down, two more to go. 

Achievement:

Solar Surf Acquired 

3/5 mini adventure 

• Like 2

I actually slept through my workout this morning. I guess I am taking a off day. Just as well I had a army of workers here first thing to replace my HVAC. They are all finished now and it is finally cooling off in the house. Slept last night sticking to the mattress. 

• Like 1