• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe Vs Chaos: Uncertainty and Flooring

For those new to the ongoing fight against chaos:

Spoiler

I am a mom to 2 Agents of Chaos (Eldest and Youngest), and 4 fur agents (Agent Black (Cat 3 year old), Agent White (Cat 2 year), Agent Twilight (Kitten 1 year old) and Agent K9 (dog age 5)). I am married and I work part time at my student worker job (which gave me full time hours for the summer) which is in my new career field. I just graduated in may with a new degree, and need to find a job, while helping the Agents prepare for whatever school might be.

This year has been rough, as was the one before. We have had so many curve balls thrown at us that have us all off balance for the last 2 years or so (My dad had a stroke, then died 9 months later, my mom is not handling and wants to do nothing, but still have control). Emotions are high, and that does not help my anxiety or depression. I do better when I feel I have some control somewhere. Which is what most of my challenges are. They are about getting control where I can, my eating, my exercise/flexibility, fighting the chaos in the house and in our lives, and trying to make sure I am spending time with all of those who I care for.

Things are not easy sometimes (most of the time). I am trying to balance everything while still maybe finding some time for me in the process. I am learning to try and juggle all the things while still helping here at home. There is no "go to the gym" time with kids in activities 4 nights a week and my getting a big kid job work.

Long term goals: Return to a more balanced feeling, Get healthy, Have more energy, Have quality time with my family, get control of the chaos so It’s less chaos, and either avoid or learn to handle the rocks being thrown at me better.

Now with that out of the way.

Last challenge actually didn’t stink for me.  I was starting to really feel like I was finding a groove, mojo, a way through all this chaos. Even with a pandemic and working from home (then going back to the office) and the fact our schedule was never the same more than about 2 weeks a time.

But I really felt like I was handling okay. Even with the near constant negativity I am getting from some people, I am starting to feel like I am making progress. If I really am is yet to be determined.  This challenge, I am adding one more fight to the battle of Chaos, replace the tile floor that is through almost the entire main floor including the kitchen and bathroom.  The actual tiling of the floor will be 4th of July weekend, but we are starting demo this week, after the new windows are finally delivered. Mostly because tearing out the tile and fixing the unleveled spot could take much longer than we have in those 5 days to lay the tile, so time to get to work.

So I have added a few things to my boxes, including a daily “Floor project” which some days could be demo, some days could be painting or staining, and some days, it may just be something as small as make sure we have adhesive for the tile. Also I am going to work on cleaning out the garden binder that is just basically a place where so many drawings and garden info went to die.

I also managed to anger my bad foot. The foot that once took 9 months in a boot and a mess of work to fix. So part of this challenge I need to stretch that foot out and strengthen my knee based on what the dr said last month. Both will help my “I am old” body which sounds much older than I really am.

Also the garden is in here, but due to a (for lack of better word) mandate from my mother to redo all the landscaping at her house, I will be spending at least most of one day a week over there ripping out beds and putting in new ones.  

At the end of the challenge, Eldest Agent is having 4 wisdom teeth removed, so I need to have most of the floor stuff wrapped up before we head into that.  And I need to find a job. I am not doing as much there as I should, but hopefully that will pick up soon.

The funniest thing in all this, this is still a light challenge for me.  All told, I will want all 7 boxes daily, with a total of 60 pts per day broken down as shown below. Wish me luck.

Goal

Value

Description

Strength

Calf raises

Squats

Wall Sit (sec)

Side kicks

Do 7

Leg lifts

Reverse sit ups

sit ups

Knee to Elbows

Push ups

Knee exercises from dr

Backward Leg Raises

Step ups

Side lunges

Desk push ups

Flexibility

Wrist Extension Stretch

Wrist Flexion Stretch

Upward dog/Child pose

Meditating Groot

Lord of the dance Yoga (ankle above head)

Lower back stretch (One leg across body)

Chair Pose

Butterfly

Bridge

Do 9

Ballet/toe Touch

Sitting Fix/Shoulder stretch

Warrior 1

Ankle Circles

Warrior 3 (Eagle bird thing)

Quad stretch

Side stretch

Forward bend

Life and Family

Play with Cats

NF status update

NF reply one other thread

Water Garden

Walk Garden twice a day

Water Hanging basket

Use lotion on legs daily

Spend time with Agents

Work on a project

Text/Talk to one family member a day (Chosen or Blood)

Water an inside plant

Do something for me (Stardew, read a book, date night, ect)

Soak up the sun

Plan

Be in bed by 11:00

Floss in morning

Floss after work

Do 14

Floss before bed

Check Dad's email

One good thing

Give Agent K9 5 minutes playtime

Pull weeds for 5 minutes

Fight Chaos

Pennisula/Island

Clean all these daily

Table / Half wall

Desk

Bathroom up

Clean off file cabinet

Do 7

Bathroom down

Clean off door to basement

Clean off Stairs and landing

Clean off tall dresser

Clean off nightstands

Clean off Dresser

Counter over dishwasher

At least 5 minutes per room (at least one)

Floor Project

Dust one surface

Computer room

Basement

Clean 1 thing in file cabinet

Pick up one furtumbleweed a day

Clean garden binder

Garage

Do 7

Bathroom down

Clean 2 papers out of paper organizer

File 1 thing a day

Purge 1 thing a day

Walking

Walk 9000 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

Walk 5 minutes at lunch

Talk Agent K9 for a walk

7 hours with 250 steps

do 4

Walk to Mordor

Fuel

No eating after dinner

No stupid sugar

Track breakfast

Track Second breakfast

do 12

Track Elevensies

Track lunch

Track Dinner

Track Supper

Take Probiotic

< 3 bottles of tea

Eat Bananas Daily

Eat dried Apricots

Eat Breakfast

Eat Lunch

120 oz of water

Did I complete 5 minutes in room

Total points for day

• Like 9

On 6/14/2020 at 6:31 PM, ZachPSU said:

Following along because chaos pulls me!

Welcome. Chaos is an old friend, but I think I might finally be gaining some ground on it. Good luck with your fight against it.

Day one of being back on track.

Sunday I did okay. We woke up a bit later than planned, then went to my mom's to do a what was supposed to be simple "weedmat and mulch beds." Except, we had to redo one set of bricks on an entire circle. we pulled out other bricks to find out my dad CONCRETED them into the ground, and ended up scrapping that whole bed after the fact (Thankfully Hubby convinced her to scrap it then us buying new blocks and starting over). And I crawled under a bush to do the weedmat and mulch, then she pulled us into a few other jobs. What was supposed to be a 2 hours and done took the WHOLE DAY. As a result, my lunches didn't get made again.

Even with all that, we managed to get quite a bit done around here, but I fully admit I went halfway with my exercises again. My foot is still a bit mad and the step ups angered it. But I still did quite a bit so that helped.

I will admit, this week is getting a bit nutty, adn I was feeling it yesterday. I have a dentist appointment on Tues (At least with the good dentist), Weds we have to start prepping for the windows to be replaced on Thursday, so everything away from the windows, and Thursday after they are done it all goes back. And I have work and I really wanted to be further along. I know I have done more at one time, but part of me got so use to the quiet, its weird.

Anyway, I did managed to get 11,098 steps and 80 pts for the day. Not a bad first day I hope.

• Strength  8 pts out of 7 (Max 14)
  • Flexibility 11 pts out of 9 (Max 17)
  • Life and Family 20 pts out of 14  (Max 22)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 10 pts out of 7 (Max 12)
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 11 pts out of 7 (Max 12)
  • Walking 5 pts out of 4 (Max 6)
  • Fuel 15 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 80 pts out of 60 (Max 98) 
  • Number of boxes - 7 out of 7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

pulled out other bricks to find out my dad CONCRETED them into the ground

My house turned 110 years old today. Every routine project ends up with finding something concreted where its not supposed to be, I empathize. Tenants downstairs needed their toilet replaced, I cleared a whole weekend. 

You are awesome at keeping track of your points, very cool and in depth system!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Hello hello! getting in early! I'll be reading along as always, even if I'm a slow poster :D

No worries, pop in when you can. I am just as guilty about not being the best poster.

Hope all is well with you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZachPSU said:

My house turned 110 years old today. Every routine project ends up with finding something concreted where its not supposed to be, I empathize. Tenants downstairs needed their toilet replaced, I cleared a whole weekend. 

That sounds about right. Honestly, if I was actually fixing a real problem, I would be clearing way more of the schedule. The thing is, my mom kinda threw this at me out of no where that she wanted the entire house relandscaped this year, so the plan is one or 2 small beds, or one or a half a bed a weekend. Problem is, so far, nothing has been quite right, and while I am trying to plan for neglected plants (My mom doesn't get around so good) there is still a number of things that need done. And I am the only family local.

2 minutes ago, ZachPSU said:

You are awesome at keeping track of your points, very cool and in depth system!

Thanks, this whole system has developed over time. I used to do a bullet journal, but I decided that Excel that I have it all in could do the math for me much easier. So I keep it up on my home computer and try to update as I go. Everything I do has to fit into 5 minute gaps, since large blocks of time are not something I have/am use to.

• Like 2

Ahh getting the wisdom teeth out. I got that right before I turned 18. :) Hopefully, a speedy recovery for the eldest gets that done.

Good luck on the floor project! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tateman said:

Ahh getting the wisdom teeth out. I got that right before I turned 18. :) Hopefully, a speedy recovery for the eldest gets that done.

Eldest turned 17 in April, so he is in the same boat. Thanks, I just gotta figure out what to feed the child. He hates soft food.

17 hours ago, Tateman said:

Good luck on the floor project! 

Thanks, I am hoping it goes well but expecting it not to.

• Like 3

So Monday went well. I got my walking all in. I pulled random pair of jeans out of the closet (I had 2 good pairs, that suddenly became one) and they fit so that was unexpected and nice. It was also our anniversary, so Hubby and I made a point to spend time together. Which ended up us asleep on the couch, but that is okay right?

Challenge wise, I feel like I am doing better, but I still feel like I should be doing better on the exercises. I still did some about half way, mostly because I was tired (after my nap on the couch) and I could be doing more. I have 3 I used to do in the mornings, but with Hubby home since he is working from home and trying to walk, I can't seem to fit them in yet. I need to work on that.

All in all, I need more time in the day again, and the pandemic isn't even over yet.  I have no idea why things can't just be calm.

• Strength  8 pts out of 7 (Max 14)
  • Life and Family 19 pts out of 14  (Max 22)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 11 pts out of 7 (Max 12)
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 11 pts out of 7 (Max 12)
  • Walking 6 pts out of 4 (Max 6)
  • Fuel 15 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 81 pts out of 60 (Max 98) 

Edited by Bean Sidhe
Forgot the tally from Monday
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

It was also our anniversary, so Hubby and I made a point to spend time together. Which ended up us asleep on the couch, but that is okay right?

LOL sounds like a nice time to me. :D Happy Anniversary! :) 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

LOL sounds like a nice time to me. :D Happy Anniversary! :) 

Thanks, we just ordered in dinner (So much for my calories) and then we were watching Spiderman Homecoming and then realized we woke up after missing like the big airplane fight seen.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Thanks, we just ordered in dinner (So much for my calories) and then we were watching Spiderman Homecoming and then realized we woke up after missing like the big airplane fight seen.

Oops. Well at least you guys were able to get in a little bit of downtime amidst the craziness. :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Sounds like a great way to spend the anniversary.  My wife and I are currently using the DIsney+ freebie we have to watch all of the MCU movies.  I've seen about half of them, my wife none, and we found some list of the 'best order' to watch them in (though there seems to be varying opinions on what is the best way).  We are up to the first Avengers movie right now, think we got 6 down and like 3242839 to go.

Edit: Is it a thing that Marvel movies HAVE to be 2 hours long?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Eldest turned 17 in April, so he is in the same boat. Thanks, I just gotta figure out what to feed the child. He hates soft food.

Are protein shakes an option? More liquid than soft - but you're just looking to get some good calories in for a couple of days. I was born with only one wisdom tooth so when I had it removed (it decided to come in when I was 29 - the week of my wedding AND 9/11 - long story but hubby doesn't forget our anniversay) so I was lucky and could just chew on the other side....

2 hours ago, ZachPSU said:

Sounds like a great way to spend the anniversary.  My wife and I are currently using the DIsney+ freebie we have to watch all of the MCU movies.  I've seen about half of them, my wife none, and we found some list of the 'best order' to watch them in (though there seems to be varying opinions on what is the best way).  We are up to the first Avengers movie right now, think we got 6 down and like 3242839 to go.

I've seen tons of those "watch order lists" - and they're really ONLY good (in my opinion) if you're trying to find movies to SKIP. I prefer to watch them in order so that the "spoiler" scenes at the end prep you for the next movie.

And yes, it's law that all awesome Marvel Movies must be at least 2 hours long.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Oops. Well at least you guys were able to get in a little bit of downtime amidst the craziness. :) 

No worries, I am happy with it. It was quiet and just us and we have never been the big elaborate couple for things anyway. We like our simple things.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ZachPSU said:

That sounds like a great idea. We have I think them all on Blu-Ray since the Agents love them, but we may have access to a friends disney plus and have made use of it. The runaways is a Marvel TV show on Disney plus that is interesting, but can get a bit teenagery sometimes.

14 hours ago, ZachPSU said:

Yes, it is. And in some cases, I could of done longer, like Goose and Groot (not baby groot, groot) need to have more screen time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Are protein shakes an option? More liquid than soft - but you're just looking to get some good calories in for a couple of days. I was born with only one wisdom tooth so when I had it removed (it decided to come in when I was 29 - the week of my wedding AND 9/11 - long story but hubby doesn't forget our anniversay) so I was lucky and could just chew on the other side....

I am unsure. He doesn't even like chocolate milk or well, anything besides apple juice, black tea and water. Normally, I am so proud of how well he eats, sadly, this is a point where I am wishing he didn't eat so well.

11 hours ago, Athaclena said:

I've seen tons of those "watch order lists" - and they're really ONLY good (in my opinion) if you're trying to find movies to SKIP. I prefer to watch them in order so that the "spoiler" scenes at the end prep you for the next movie.

And yes, it's law that all awesome Marvel Movies must be at least 2 hours long.

Agreed, watching them in order makes way more sense.

• Like 1

Tuesdays update

I worked and then went to the dentist and was told my teeth are doing fairly well considering and not getting worse. Which is good. But they did recommend I finish dealing with my crowns, so that will have to be a thing in the next year. I told them once I have a real job with vacation, okay.

Bad news, after everything, I ended up having a small blizzard after dinner. It wasn't huge, but it tasted really good.

Also, complete side note... Youngest Agent found Rugrats on TV at 9 pm and during the commercials they are showing a No Doubt Music video, Agent Youngest is in heaven, but man I feel old since it is on Nickelodeon Rewind.  I remember when all of this came out the first time. ANYWAY

Also, after our walk, I was kinda proud of myself. Agent Youngest (110 lbs) wanted a piggy back-ride. Not unusual since this is the kid that still likes to climb me even when she is taller than I am. No the cool thing was that I was still playing with Agent K9 and 10 times I managed to squat/bend down with her on my back and get the ball and stand back up without putting her down. Calling that a win.

Total steps - 15739. I kinda feel like I should be able to do more, but I will take it.

• Strength  9 pts out of 7 (Max 14)
  • Life and Family 20 pts out of 14  (Max 22)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 10 pts out of 7 (Max 12)
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 10 pts out of 7 (Max 12)
  • Walking 6 pts out of 4 (Max 6)
  • Fuel 13 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 79 pts out of 60 (Max 98) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Bad news, after everything, I ended up having a small blizzard after dinner. It wasn't huge, but it tasted really good

Oh man, the DQ I pass near my house had NOBODY in line. I was like, I could swing in there, get a large blizzard, and get out and nobody would know!  Was very tempting. Good for you for the self control to go for the small. I always get the large and tel myself I’ll eat it over two nights. Has yet to last two nights. 

• Like 1