Bean Sidhe Vs Chaos: Uncertainty and Flooring

Bean Sidhe

Also, what about getting your mom a power strip? Leave it plugged into the wall,  leaving the sewing machine plugged into the strip, and then just turn the power on/off when she needs it.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

19 hours ago, Emma said:

Summa cum laude!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!

Major accomplishment!!!!!

Thank you, I am excited and shocked and now really glad it is done.

19 hours ago, fleaball said:

HELL MOTHERFUCKING YEAH BEAN!!!!

Thanks. Who knew I could do that?

• Like 3

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

19 hours ago, fleaball said:

Also, what about getting your mom a power strip? Leave it plugged into the wall,  leaving the sewing machine plugged into the strip, and then just turn the power on/off when she needs it.

I thought about that. Turns out she unplugged where it goes into the machine in a cabinet, not the actual wall. Even if it was the wall, I probably would of still had to fix it. She just can't get it off the ground or into an outlet with as low as they are.

Right, Thursday

Thursday was a huge up and down day.

Got my walk in before work and was fairly productive at work. I walked my new little 1 mile track and got a new all time record of 18:30 min/mi. I will totally take that. Came home, and got some more floor torn out, My fitbit stopped syncing with MFP, but apparently it is a known issue atm. 

Then the big news of my degree was posted to the transcript and the Summa Cum Laude. So I guess that means this castle is officially done. 61Shrm3FraL._AC_SY741_.jpg

I of course contacted my sisters and Brother S. All were so proud and thrilled for me and repeatedly told me as much. Then I texted my mom. I got a half hearted "yay". MIL and FIL both lost their minds and told Hubby how proud they were. I dunno, I am shaking it off, but it hurt a bit.  It hurt a bit more when I thought about how much my dad and our new relationship would of been over the moon for me. But that won't fix it, so I am trying to focus on the "I DID THIS" moment.

Time to start work on the "get a full time job" castle for real...

In other Thurs news, I also got 18676 steps so another yay. And I realize the steps, the fact that my shoulder/arm/back is sore from swinging my fubar around  but not more than about an hour after I finish, and the walking time are all signs I am doing something right. I also noticed my sugar crashes are a bit weird again, which is another hopeful sign (Not that I am crashing, but doing it more often like my metabolism is ramping up),. So I am going to start watching for that a bit closer. Time to start finding foods I can have on hand (that aren't nuts because allergy) so when I start getting moody/crying/crashy I can eat something and move on. 

So yeah Thurs was pretty awesome. And i didn't have the brownie, even if I deserved it.

• Strength  7 pts out of 7 (Max 14)
  • Flexibility 11 pts out of 9 (Max 17)
  • Life and Family 19 pts out of 14  (Max 22)
  • Fight Chaos - Clean 10 pts out of 7 (Max 12)
  • Fight Chaos - Purge 9 pts out of 7 (Max 12)
  • Walking 6 pts out of 4 (Max 6)
  • Fuel 15 pts out of 12 (Max 15)
  • Total 77 pts out of 60 (Max 98) 
  • Number of boxes - 7 out of 7
  • Like 4

When I finally accomplished by bachelor’s degree and became the second person in the family to graduate from college (my uncle was the first, back in 1940something), my mother’s reaction was “good, now you can spend more time on housework”. She gave me a bread machine for a graduation gift. I am glad you got good responses from the rest of your family!

• Like 2

Still alive, Challenge went out the window last Friday . The floor just is taking so much time, but we FINALLY have Demo done as of last night. The low spot is leveled and today we start laying.

The floor literally became as of last friday DO ALL THE FLOOR NOW. We ended up doing 100 sq ft on Sunday and messing up my carpal tunnel in the process. But its out. Oh and the air compressor died, so it was mostly by hand.   My house is covered in dust. Challenge hasn't happened. and its making me crazy. I Am hoping to do better today challenge wise. Seriously afraid we bit off more than we can chew. But this part I know how it goes. Just time to get it done.

Oh and the Celebration of life was more awkward than we thought. Like seriously awkward and sent me into a panic attack after. Fortunatly, Office roomie rode back to our office with me and calmed me down. But it was too soon after my Dad more than anything and me surrounded by large group of people I don't know. But that is done too.

Now to move the fridge again and start bring in tile.

• Like 4

Hey Bean, you good?

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So I am here. thank you all for the concern.

TLDR: Bean is dumb

Short version. Bean was dumb and I have 2 constantly numb fingers from my carpal tunnel deciding that ripping out a floor then putting one back in (since I am the one who lays the tile and grouts) are not approved activities. Working in IT does not help this.  Then I moved cinder blocks, and gardened 2 yards with said bad hand and its still mad.  My challenge is pretty much dead in the water and my anxiety and depression are going bonkers and I have a long week ahead.

Long version:

The floor is in and looks good. However, By the time we finished ripping the tile out, my dominant hand was ANGRY and I had numb fingers. By the time I laid all 370+ Square feet over 3 days and grouted adn cleaned it, it was furious and all my fingers are numb. I blame my senior project since the carpal tunnel probably would of handled better if that hadn't started it. That being said, it would of still been upset. We finished this a week ago today.

Last Tuesday I was asked by the garden club teacher (at the school my kids don't go to, but she is a good lady and I offered because I do love that school and that program) to "foster" the school garden since it is being ripped out and redone. So Tues after work we went up and tore the garden out. You guessed it, using a shovel is a bad idea.

The rest of the week was mostly normal EXCEPT there was a bit of a buzz by mentor, boss and a coworker about getting a posting together for my now deceased coworker's job. The problem is, Mentor was doing a ton of the "I know some thing you don't know" and constantly talking about how they are getting it together. There has been side comments I should apply, but its making me a bit nuts. (Note, they had talked of making a job before this for me, but I doubted it would happen because why should good things happen anymore)

Then Saturday I got word they pulled the school garden and the whole family went up to help garden club teacher and her family build some of the new beds out of cinder block, and move 8 PALLETS of cinder block off the truck and into the grass so we could return the truck. And I pulled all the garlic in our beds, and other garden work.

Sunday was garden at moms, deal with her drama, then be on standby to deal with the cinder blocks again.

Today was okay, but its my dad's birthday and I am anxious as all get out. Eldest Agent has his wisdom teeth being pulled on Friday, and I hit hormone week, So yea, anxiety and depression are being a dork.

Challenge wise, I have done like nothing. I have tried to reset challenge wise a few times, but the lack of a working hand outside of work is kinda stopping it.  And honestly, I am either so tired that I did so much and hurting or freaking out that the house is still covered in demo dust and nothing is stable. Walking is okay when i am at work, but not when I am home.

No idea what that means here. I should just do a "do SOMETHING" Challenge which is better than 0, but I feel like that is backsliding. And I was partially staying away because my brain is dumb and said "You can't go on the board and say " I did nothing, especially when you were doing so well." So yeah, that is where I am. Being a bum, eating like crap and I need to be nice to my hand. None of which is easy when I have stuff I should be doing and just can't be bothered to give an arse.

Oh and we have been watching the magicians. We are on season 4. I can identify with WAY too many of the characters btw. That has been a nice distraction and I sometimes wonder if all that spell casting would fix my hand...So there is that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Short version. Bean was dumb and I have 2 constantly numb fingers from my carpal tunnel deciding that ripping out a floor then putting one back in (since I am the one who lays the tile and grouts) are not approved activities. Working in IT does not help this.  Then I moved cinder blocks, and gardened 2 yards with said bad hand and its still mad.  My challenge is pretty much dead in the water and my anxiety and depression are going bonkers and I have a long week ahead.

One, Bean is not dumb, and two, ouch, I'm sorry about the hand. I know you've got a lot on your plate, but just try to take it easy as best you can. *hugs*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/13/2020 at 9:57 PM, Jupiter said:

One, Bean is not dumb, and two, ouch, I'm sorry about the hand. I know you've got a lot on your plate, but just try to take it easy as best you can. *hugs*

THIS

Not only is Bean not dumb, Bean is a damn hard worker. Finger/hand numbness sucks. I went through a spell where I had  to practically live in wrist braces, so I feel your pain with this.

someone needs a hug.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

On 7/13/2020 at 10:57 PM, Jupiter said:

Thanks

But I can be dumb. Especially when I push through something I shouldn't going "This won't end badly". I have been resting nad my hand is MOSTLY better. I have some numbness in just a couple of fingers or when I lean on my arm. So that is improvement.

Rest is happening, sort of. More on that in a bit.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 7:45 AM, Whisper said:

THIS

Not only is Bean not dumb, Bean is a damn hard worker. Finger/hand numbness sucks. I went through a spell where I had  to practically live in wrist braces, so I feel your pain with this.

I have been there before. Not a fan of going back. This is one of those that if I can get going and do my stretches it will help. There is just SO MUCH going on, its getting out of hand.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:45 AM, Whisper said:

someone needs a hug.jpg

Thanks, I needed the hug.

• Like 1

So not dead. Challenge pretty much is.

here is what I know.

Agent Eldest had his teeth pulled. He is doing great, like back to normal, and annoyed I am not letting him be 100% normal, especially with food. However, last week, I got all the nerves and anxiety and then Friday I was just SOOO ramped up, I did a whole crosstitch (only about  3" diameter) in one day BECAUSE i was nervous and nervous energy is a thing. I then didn't sleep Friday or Saturday in case Eldest Agent needed me, and Last night I was up and down every hour or so checking on him. Hubby has been saying this has been harder on me than him.

The job hasn't gone up yet. They keep saying "today" but I am just trying to be patient. Mentor started in again today about doing "mock interviews" with me once the thing is in, but I think he is making me MORE nervous about this, like I don't know what I am doing, but I am kinda already doing the job, so who knows.

Challenge, that died with the floor. I keep saying "tomorrow" but right now, I just have no ****s to give and do it. Also, I need sleep first.  And dinner is here, so tomorrow all.

• Like 3

When I hurt my knee and realized what I was doing was just making things worse, I didn’t drop the challenge but modified it. No shame there. Put yourself on the “injured reserve“  list and change the challenge goals to getting your hand better until you can get back on the active roster.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

But I can be dumb.

Oh, we can all be dumb, but that doesn't mean that we are dumb. Everyone has their moments, some of us more than others. I do dumb stuff all the time, but because I am not dumb, I have hope of doing less dumb stuff.

12 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I have been resting nad my hand is MOSTLY better. I have some numbness in just a couple of fingers or when I lean on my arm. So that is improvement.

Happy the hands are improving.

Job and teeth both sound super stressful, but hopefully those parts of the saga we soon be over. I pray that you are able to get good sleep. 

• Like 2

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Whisper said:

Oh, we can all be dumb, but that doesn't mean that we are dumb. Everyone has their moments, some of us more than others. I do dumb stuff all the time, but because I am not dumb, I have hope of doing less dumb stuff.

This. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1