7ft 500lbs Seeking A Total Life Change !

Last year I went to the "Biggest Loser Call Outs" in Orlando, got there at 3am and was of course one of the first people in the line. By 10am when they opened the line there were about 6,000 people behind me. It was a safe bet that I was the biggest guy there, maybe not the overall fattest though I was in the running. You learn in the first few seconds of sitting down with the producing staff this is a "tv show" not your golden ticket to your weightloss dreams. 15 people share 2 minutes to explain why they are different from the other 15,000 people who likely showed up.

All I could come up with in that moment was, "I was almost 600lbs and now almost 450lbs and before I am done I will see 300lbs" and of course I bear hugged one of them. As I was leaving I saw producers and staff just cut people from the line who were "too big", they showed up in their carts and a few with food.

That was my "point" not so much the bottom though the true realization that no one is really gonna help you till you help yourself. I was looking at those people only 100 or 200 lbs bigger than me, in their roller carts and I had anger for them, though they were there for the same reason I was. They were broken and they saw this "tv show" as some salvation.

That has been my way my whole life, I am Xavier I am the 7ft 500lb guy, ooh look at me. That was great in my twenties though how many 7ft 500lb guys do you see at 40, NONE.

I have never completed much of anything, I have no wife or children, I have been a depressed net nerd for almost a decade now, my best friend has been food and the computer.

I have been offered a chance to move to Orlando right next to some nice gyms, and there looks to be work there too. I have started learning how to eat clean and have "really" been trying to learn what muscles are and how my body works. Would you believe till a few days ago I never knew how many calories were in a pound or how to measure my caloric intake or bmi. I learned this here this site and Steve are totally amazing.

I need to learn how to do everything over again, eat, sleep, exercise and live my life. Just saying that feels intense yet totally cool.

There seems to be a light in the tunnel and finally and I am heading for it !

Congrats on finding us and on the changes you're already made. You'll find a vary accepting community here. Ask all the questions you want and we'll try to answer them.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Welcome to the Rebellion! Realizing that you are the only one that can really change things is a great step to take, congrats on realizing that. We're all here for you and look forward to your success!

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Trust me, this community will give you more support and motivation than a TV show would ever be able to. So glad you found us! In all honesty, these are some of the best people around! Welcome!!!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Guest Snake McClain
And you NEVER have to worry about ELIMINATIONS!!!!!

So completely true. No man get's left behind here. we are all a team with the same mission. Live the best healthiest life possible. You are in control. You got this. You have questions? Well me may not have all the answers (i certainly don't) but we can help look. Never give up. Never surrender.

Welcome aboard. *salute*

Welcome to the rebellion! Any idea what kind of exercise you want to do? I'd recommend lifting weights as dudes your size will lift heavier weights sooner than others and it can be a real motivator. At 6'0", 260 lb and about 30% body far, I know it was for me.

Where'd the 300 lb goal come from? If you do end up lifting and packing some muscle on, you may want to reevaluate. I know my wife's 6'5" cousin just stared lifting and he's got around 240lb lean body mass, so 285 lb total seems like it's going to be great shape for him. If you're that much taller than him, depending on your build, you may find a different number more to your liking.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I am new also and wish you the best of luck! Looks like you've already taken the first steps in the right direction by joining this lovely bunch of people on their way to success!

Amazon Assassin-Warrior

| +1 STR | +2 DEX | +2 STA | +3 CON | +4 WIS | +3 CHA |

artist. gamer. cosplayer

Welcome on board! If the planet should go under and the human race has to flee this is the group of people I would choose to cramp together in my space ship!

Congratulations with your first major step of taking action and levelling up your life.

And as someone who also has/is suffering from serious depression I give you a big hug! It's a tough battle with ups and downs. Don't despir in the down times but shout out - just as you should revel in the up times! We'd love to hear both!

Hooyah

Follow my walk to The Prancing Pony in Bree

22/216km

My picture is the norse goddess Siff, Thor's wife

Welcome!!! You've made the first step that we've all made... realizing it's all about YOU!

I must echo Corey up there... Definitely try weightlifting. When you realize how strong you are, it changes how you feel about yourself and how you approach the world. I stopped trying to be "skinny" about 8 months ago and decided I wanted to be strong. I haven't looked back once!

Also, definitely check out the paleo/primal information. This is the best un-diet IMHO.

GOOD LUCK! And I look forward to seeing your progress on the message boards. Go sodredge!!!

FOR THE REBELLION!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Welcome! I love the profile picture. Did you make it yourself?

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

You have the right attitude already! I feel the same way about my own fitness struggle. It's time to make the changes, just saying I am going to is not enough. Glad you (and I) found nerdfitness, it truly is a great place. I agree about the weight lifting too. We started with the stronglifts program and have gradually moved up in weight, and while you do it you can work on getting the correct positions for the different exercises. You would be surprised at how much you can lift. I know I was! (and I'm a girl!)

You can do it!

You are doing great and finding the Rebellion will make you stronger! Sounds like the best news for you is you don't have any bad exercise habits to unlearn. Just take it slow to avoid injury and remember with weight loss, slow and steady is better than losing a ton at once and then putting it back on.

Welcome and reach for that light.

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

over 100 pounds lost already! that's pretty dang incredible, and I'm sure you already know that exercising at your size is no small feat. Even at my size (200 lbs) I get unique aches, pains and joint stress, the pain that comes with putting that kind of strain on your body deters a lot of bigger people away from weight loss, congrats on pushing through the pain and seeing past the now and into the awesome future.