Chapter II: Resolute [Stonie] [June/July 2020]

Stonie

So Last challenge went surprisingly well? I did set the bar very low but I still exceeded my expectations. I am going to do much the same this time around with The main focus being on my day to day routines to set the framework for an awesome life. I also want to work in a teensy bit more exercise and art this time around to work towards some long term goals. 

1.EXERCISE, DAMNIT

Do a full body exercise routine At the gym 1x weekly

Push, Pull, Press, Squat, Deadlift, Core, Cardio. 

I go back to Derby training this week so I’m excited for that, and I figure since my gym is open again and I am paying for it I can go once a week without feeling like I’m overwhelming myself. That’s two days of serious exercise. I can hopefully stick to being somewhat active by just existing the other days.

2. STICK TO A ROUTINE, DAMNIT

Do your evening routine at least 5 nights a week. 

Last challenge I found that if my evening routine fell down the next morning was much rougher. The problem I have with this is my evening routine was mostly things I greatly dislike. Like doing the dishes and brushing my teeth. I have also struggled with Finding a suitable trigger to begin my routine. So I’m going to work on that. I’m going to drop doing the dishes from my routine and trust myself to do them at other times of the day. For now all I want to do is;

take meds

brush teeth

do skincare

Go to bed at a reasonable time

that’s literally it.

3. WATCH WHAT YOU’RE EATING, DAMNIT

Continue eating mindfully, continue working on intuitive eating. 

this has been working well for me so I’m going to continue doing it. For now I’m working on eating without distraction and honouring my hunger cues. Due to a side effect if my anti-anxiety meds my stomach doesn’t gurgle and I don’t feel hungry but I do get light headed and stop thinking straight. So I just need to be more aware if when I need food and when I no longer need to keep eating. Previously I had been eating mindlessly and not stopping until I was overfull. But when I pay attention to eating I find I don’t need to eat as much. 

4. DO SOME ART PRACTICE, DAMNIT

A. 30 minute sketch or painting 5/7 days a week

B. 1 x weekly learning a new art techniques.

my long term life plan involves being a full time artist and paying my bills like that... which doesn’t happen if I don’t practice said art. I have always been one of those “naturally talented” people but that is nothing compared to people who have studied and practiced and have the knowledge of basics of art. I also picked up Procreate recently for my iPad and I’m having a great time playing with that. 

[Bonus]  FINISH A PROJECT, DAMNIT’

work through this list of half finished craft projects that you would like to do. Get as many done as you can.

Half finished knitted sweater

half finished crochet mittens

1x paid pet painting commission

1x free pet painting commission

1x painting with a set colour scheme

1x crochet wombat

macrame coasters 

I collect half finished projects apparently. I’d like to get some of them done. 

• Like 4

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Following.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

18 hours ago, Chesire said:

wanna trade UFOs?  seriously, finishing one is a true challenge

Right!? I'm not a self-motivated person for sure xD I need a deadline or someone hounding me constantly for something to get done. the things that i make just for me tend to just... loiter with intent in my craft room

I've been a little MIA this week since I came back to work and straight into a 6-day work week (boooo) but I've tried to be mindful of some of the things I have planned

I've decided to try for Mondays as my gym day as that was previously my other roller derby training night, but also should get it done and dusted out of the way for the week so I can focus on everything else. 

I definitely haven't been doing my evening routine but I think i have found a solution for that... I'll let you know what it is if it works xD

I've done a few sketches throughout the week and the other day on my one day off work I sat down and learnt how to work animations in procreate. I keep bringing my iPad to work with the intent of sketching on my meal breaks but instead I'm here updating this xD Good intentions are a start I guess. 

Mindful eating is still going well. I'm still in the phase of allowing myself to eat whatever i want without restrictions so that I can shrug off the previous diet brainwashing my mind has been fighting. So I'm trying really super hard to not stress about what my weight is doing and how my body looks which i think is the hardest part? I did however throw my scales out today which I feel good about. I'm definitely aiming more for feeling healthy then looking buff at any cost... My negative body issues just need time to catch up. I am definitely noticing more how full i feel and have put things down or thrown food away when I'm full or just straight up not enjoying it as much as I thought. I've even stopped myself buying things a few times after thinking about how it's probably already stale and not as exciting as it looks and not worth eating if i'm not going to even enjoy it. The book keeps assuring me I'll break through the period of wanting to subsist only on delicious sugary things so we'll just have to wait and see!

And I even started on of my pet painting commissions - albeit not in the original medium I had planned xD Procreate has my creative heart wrapped around it's little apple pencil at the moment so everything i do creatively is in that. I will probably definitely paint this same picture in good ol' acrylic on canvas like I planned (since that's what my friend asked for) but i am rediscovering my love of digital art - one i've not been able to indulge properly until recently. 

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

39 minutes ago, Stonie said:

loiter with intent in my craft room

Picturing a shifty-eyed Stonie, standing in the room, fingers tapping together, thinking 'hmmmm... will it be the hooks or the brushes today, my pretties?'  😄

42 minutes ago, Stonie said:

so that I can shrug off the previous diet brainwashing my mind has been fighting

Been there, still doing that.  It is amazing how insidious that brainwashing is.  The roots are deep and broad reaching.  Here to celebrate every little step forward with you!

• Like 1
On 6/15/2020 at 10:05 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following.

yay! Welcome.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:48 PM, RedStone said:

Following along, DAMNIT'!

welcome, damnit! 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:38 AM, Jupiter said:

Love your goals! Following. :) 

thank you! Welcome!

12 hours ago, Chesire said:

Picturing a shifty-eyed Stonie, standing in the room, fingers tapping together, thinking 'hmmmm... will it be the hooks or the brushes today, my pretties?'  😄

Been there, still doing that.  It is amazing how insidious that brainwashing is.  The roots are deep and broad reaching.  Here to celebrate every little step forward with you!

and then I run away and avoid all confrontation together 😂

yeah I’m not expecting this to be a short term fix (the best ones never are, boooo) but I got nothing but time!

11 hours ago, Rookie said:

Yay I'm going to follow along because I also struggle with exercise and eating. And I love art and am also avoiding my commission/gift list 😇

yay! We can hide from our UFOs together!

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

WEEK 1 WRAP UP: 

whoops, so I didn’t check in at all last week! The week kinda got away from me. If I wasn’t at work I was recovering from being at work or hosting or going to somewhere for dinner.  This entire week was me waiting for the week to end so I could just get some sleep. 

EXERCISE, DAMNIT! 0/1

👎 do it on Monday, they said. Get it over and done with they said. Monday I woke up already exhausted so there was no way I was going to make it and the rest of the week pretty much followed suit. I did go to derby training on Thursday, but that’s not what this goal is tracking. 

ROUTINE, DAMNIT! 2/7
welp, that was a bust. The first two days were great! The rest I either completely forgot or as just too heckin tired to want to spend any time in the freezing bathroom. 

WATCH WHAT YOU’RE EATING! DAMNIT 7/7

this has actually been going well, and apart from Sunday where I ate one ice cream while looking at my phone before realising, I’ve watched everything that’s gone in my face hole. I had three social dinner nights (where I historically always over eat due to the abundance of food) where I didn’t feel the need to stuff everything I saw into my body.
some wins:

Wednesday I had family around for roast dinner, and made dessert but made them portioned so I couldn’t eat endless Eton Mess

Friday i went to my parent’s place for dinner and to help make cupcakes, I had enough dinner to fill me up and didn’t feel the need to snack endlessly on baking ingredients

Saturday evening was a family friend’s 50th birthday, and there was food everywhere that I ate only a reasonable amount of!  Normally with cheese and dip platters and a heckin lolly bar I would have gone nuts but I didn’t. 
I finished all of these evenings not overstuffed and hating myself which is a definite Improvement!

DO SOME ART PRACTICE, DAMNIT! 5/7 and 1/1

Weirdly the days I didn’t do this were the ones I had off from work 😂 but I did something every other day, and even signed up to Skillshare to get access to some good classes I can go through to improve my understanding of how to art, especially on procreate. Since I was only taught the barest bones of art fundamentals I’m trying to catch up with my understanding of all that while also trying to make cool pictures. I’ll try and post some stuff that I’ve done this week in a spoiler!

Spoiler

I don’t know how to make them smaller! Sorry! 

A Buffalo Wearing a Trenchcoat
l8rQnMH.jpg

A mouth: because I drawing faces is hard so I practiced a mouth

ggirVxf.jpg

A zentangle: i was following a basic skills tutorial about lines ddnS4eo.jpg

a sketch of my house that apparently tells you everything you need to know about me if you know anything about art therapy

4YMPTfk.jpg

some facial parts practice (it’s not supposed to be a whole face, i was just practicing the bits separately! Hence the oddly positioned ear. 

wt431mw.jpg

Bonus: FINISH A PROJECT, DAMNIT

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Both face practices are very good. The Buffalo in a trenchcoat makes me think of David Tennant's Dr. Who wearing a buffalo mask.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath