Rookie Moves More to Eat More

Rookie

Happy Food GIF by Molang - Find & Share on GIPHY

Hey everyone! :) Rookie here. This go around I want to challenge myself to move more. Not only will it allow me to eat more (or rather it will help negate some of my snacking) but I am hoping it will help keep my snacking under control more.  I am nervous about adding a physical element to my challenge because that is generally where I struggle the most. Or rather I should say I don't even put effort into completing them. I am going to try my best this time! :)

image.thumb.png.6639b13eb1f896e479996e3478876e2e.png

Rules for challenge:
- Fruits and veggies are 0 foods
- 1 starch = 1 cup pasta, 1 cup rice, 2 pieces bread, 1 medium potato, 1 cup cereal

- Anything horse related does not count towards Move goals

- For BW exercise goal, I just need to start to get full points (Weeks 1-3) 

• Like 8

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

I am keeping it small for now to try and build the habit. For my cardio it will be just a short walk or bike ride around the neighbourhood.. just getting out there will get me a completion. I also found a small workout routine that I will try to do 1 set of and work up to 3-4 sets over the course of the challenge. 

The Workout

1. Single Leg RDLs (x10 per side)

2. Squat (x15)

3. Reverse Lunge (x12 per side)

4. Eccentric Press Up (x5)

5. Dead Bug (x12 per side)

• Like 6

Good news peoples! :) I told my riding instructor that I am not really sure what to work on anymore during my rides without my lessons. She said shes going to start up lessons again next week. Yayyyyy! I am so excited. This weekend was crazy horse time. Our area opened up gatherings to 10 people so the barn is able to drop the strict schedule we had in place starting today... Beaches and some campgrounds finally opened as well in some areas. So that meant the barn was pretty much a ghost town this whole weekend. So I got to spend a little bit extra time each day which was nice. Saturday I helped my mom clip (give buzzcut) her miniature horse Sizzle. That went surprisingly well considering shes only 1 year old. Daisy was acting like everything was going to kill her while we were riding so I ended the ride early because being on a 1000+lb animal who is tensing up and looking for things to run away from or get scared at is not fun especially when alone! Sunday went much better :)  we were alone again but we had our calm brain ;) I even got time to catch up with my riding instructor and my barn bestie which was nice. I miss my barn bestie.

Everything else from the weekend is a bit of a blur. I successfully got 1 of my bike tires switched... I really hope that I did it correctly. I now need to figure out how to do the back tire which seems a bit more tricky with the gears. I coordinated borrowing a tent. I took part in some barn drama I really didn't want to. I sliced my jalapenos and put them in my pickle brine in the fridge. We had a little get together with friends and hung out on their deck. I replanted cilantro and basil seeds.  

2 minutes ago, ZachPSU said:

I am trying the daily floss too (just accidentally typod that to “faily floss- I hope thats not a predictor for either of us!). 

Hahaha I sure hope not :P I got into the habit and maintained it for 9 months or so. But I got some splits on the corners of my mouth and I had to stop because it irritated them. They are finally healed (took forever) and I need to get back into it. Its not so bad. What has helped me is to just have floss available everywhere. Its in every bathroom and I keep some at my work desk. 

• Like 5

I don't know if they are available up there, but floss sticks are the reason I floss regularly.

712dP82fjUL._SL1500_.jpg

I hate using regular floss. These require so much less skill.

• Like 5

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

38 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't know if they are available up there, but floss sticks are the reason I floss regularly.

I hate using regular floss. These require so much less skill.

Yah I can get those here and I might actually have some in my drawer. I don't mind regular floss but these would be good to have in the car when theres something bugging me and I need to drive still lol.

• Like 2

I am pooped. I still have so many things to do but I got a big chunk of weeding done today in the backyard. BF and I decided to also get rid of the spikey shrub; so we hacked away and I need to get a good shovel now so we can fully remove it.  That all took about 2hrs. 

- Order sisters birthday gift

- Mail out horse hair for sisters birthday gift

- Pay bills

- Get jalapenos and pickle them for Fathers day

I feel I have more but this is all my brain is letting me remember right now.

• Like 3

Yay for riding lessons again! And I hope there will be garden picts??? 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Rookie said:

Yah I can get those here and I might actually have some in my drawer. I don't mind regular floss but these would be good to have in the car when theres something bugging me and I need to drive still lol.

Yeah, I have some of those types for travel. I keep some at my desk too. Easy to grab and use after I eat something :)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, RedStone said:

Yay for riding lessons again! And I hope there will be garden picts??? 

Oh gosh lol I am sure I could find some. It probably doesn't look like we did a lot other than hack down a bush right now.

Spoiler

20200511_101259.thumb.jpg.d887222a449a58efb87f2b01f04e17fb.jpg

20200526_204155.thumb.jpg.9473d5fecd98921d9f66a40d2e4232ae.jpg

After... tah dah lol Lots of weeding done. We have started getting random vines that are not the same as the vines from last year. So I was trying to get those under control. And as I was doing that the red bush with giant thorns kept scratching my back so BF was like "Why don't we just get rid of it?" So that is what we are in the process of but I need a better shovel to get the root system out. Roomy even came out and helped finish my weeding while I helped put the thorny death branches in yard bags. I cleaned up my random weed piles as well. We filled 5 yard waste bags. 2 of which were strictly weeds. Also the owners before us have so many random rebars just sticking out of the ground... I feel they were supposed to help prevent the pavers from moving but eesh they are a hazard so we have been pulling them. 

A few things I want to take care of in the backyard is.... to remove the random pavers, rocks and that laundry dry rack thing, to fill in the random holes from removing rocks, pulling tree roots out, from the shrub and just level around the fence. I need to figure out how to fix that white fence that's bulging... The people who have the backyard behind ours have these trees growing between their shed and my fence. Its breaking the post that the fence panels go on and pushing it into our backyard 😕 Then maybe after all that I might rebuild the flower bed in the back left corner and maybe add a nice flowering bush of some sort that doesn't have thorns.

20200616_083801.thumb.jpg.24dc61ac0bf5cc93d37ae829cbfd198b.jpg

4 hours ago, Tateman said:

Yeah, I have some of those types for travel. I keep some at my desk too. Easy to grab and use after I eat something :)

I also have some gum stimulater things my dentist said is good to use to massage the gums.

• Like 2

YESSS Looks great! Gardening is deceiving that way lol but I know how hard it is, I tried to pull up a 3'X5' patch of grass and it took HOURS 😮 

Looks like a wonderful Summer haven!

• Like 1

The back yard looks great. That's a wonderful grill you have, PLEASE get a grill cover for it :) 

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 minutes ago, RedStone said:

YESSS Looks great! Gardening is deceiving that way lol but I know how hard it is, I tried to pull up a 3'X5' patch of grass and it took HOURS 😮 

Looks like a wonderful Summer haven!

Thank you :) Our front yard also has these random rocks which were used to make a makeshift flower bed that lined the driveway. It had cedar mulch with hostas.. it was simple but nice! Well it is now weeds and grass lol about 8" x 2" ... so I will know your pain if I decide to do it :P I want to replace the rocks with something flat too because it was hard to mow the lawn. 

I just need to figure out how to get a cover for our little ugly cabana thinger so we have shade. Our canvas keeps getting ripped and its a bit much to repair but I think a replacement is $100-200. I would love a more permanent one but we aren't sure how long we will stay at this house. 

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The back yard looks great. That's a wonderful grill you have, PLEASE get a grill cover for it :) 

Hahaha its really not a great grill... it might of been in its hayday :P But I do have one if it makes you feel any better..... its just in the garage and I tend to only think about using it in the winter. I should use it more. 

2 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Hahaha its really not a great grill... it might of been in its hayday :P But I do have one if it makes you feel any better..... its just in the garage and I tend to only think about using it in the winter. I should use it more. 

YES. Have the cover on when it's not in use. That would keep a grill in good condition.

7 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

YES. Have the cover on when it's not in use. That would keep a grill in good condition.

Finnnnne T_T I might upgrade grills come fathers day if I find a really good one lol I need to scavenge some new parts anyways. Fire comes out the front of this one.

4 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Finnnnne T_T I might upgrade grills come fathers day if I find a really good one lol I need to scavenge some new parts anyways. Fire comes out the front of this one.

Ok. So that is not a good grill anymore, but the model is good. Fire out the front means fix or get new.

• Sad 1

I am glad to report that so far flossing is back on track! I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. 

The exercise part is not ideal :P Because as I suspected....... I haven't done it yet. But I willllll do it. Not today though because today is riding day :) So far the weather is beautiful.

Yesterday we tried our sauerkraut (it was good but still crunchy and not so sour yet), I did groceries, I pickled the jalapenos for my dads gift (I hope he likes them!), cooked the beef for today's slowcooker  lasagna and I made banana bread. 

Today I also hope to mail out my sisters horses hair for her bracelet that I bought for her birthday present.

I hope everyone else is having a great day. I will need to venture out and visit some of your threads.

Weigh in: 263.2lbs

• Like 3

My hamstrings are a bit sore from the giant yard work that happened Monday, but they are not as sore as the first time! So yay. Those garden squat gains.

Yesterdays ride went pretty well. I wasn't sure how well it would go because while walking in the field to get her I almost rolled the ankle I sprained and I felt a very not nice stretch; it seems to be okay though. We rode inside because damn that sun was hot and not a cloud in the sky. The arena had no jumps in it which is my favourite because then you can use the WHOLE arena! Daisy was being such a good girl ❤️ And we were both dripping sweat after.

I finally did some laundry woohoo lol I have been slacking hard with that. 

Today is my 7 year anniversary with my boyfriend. I don't think we are doing anything special cause quite frankly I forgot and so did he ^_^; 

• Like 6

I told myself I can do at least attempt the exercises 😅 

Single leg RDL (x7 each leg)

Squat (x10)

Reverse lunge (x5 each leg)

Eccentric press down (2)

Dead bugs (x6 each side)

Squats and dead bugs I have no problem with. My balance isn't great for the single leg RDL. I'm just bad at lunges. And the eccentric press down 🤣🙈 I'm so weak. Anyways it's not much but it's a start. I might look at replacing the lunges because I hate lunges so much. I'll Google that tonight.

• Like 2

At work we are doing a rotational Friday afternoon off and today was my day. I spent a lot of it cleaning up weeds and removing / trying to remove saplings/trees from the neglected side of the house... and I hope they don't die lol I fell over at one point... I stood on a rock with bad ankle, lost my balance and down I went. I am so clumsy. 

• Like 2