Rookie Moves More to Eat More

Rookie

Also following for gardening! (and other support as well obvs)

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

On 6/18/2020 at 3:32 PM, Rookie said:

Today is my 7 year anniversary with my boyfriend. I don't think we are doing anything special cause quite frankly I forgot and so did he ^_^; 

The same happened with me and my boyfriend this year, lol. Except that we've been together for over 10 years now.

Otherwise, cool challenge! I hope your garden won't explode too much over summer, and you'll be able to keep up with it😀.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the follows and love! :)

I am alive, I swear! This weekend was so crazy and I will not lie - I did not want to get up this morning.It was a real struggle. 

Friday: Gardening for 2-3 hrs, game night with a friend

Saturday: Waiting around for someone to pick up a painting while playing Terraria, outside BBQ with BFs parents

Sunday: Brunch at my brothers (outside) where we sorted camping gear, set up the 2 tents + dining tent then took them down. Then we went for a swim at my parents house. We got home around 4:30pm  

This whole weekend was so hot lol but especially yesterday. I had so much fun though. I didn't get to see Daisy which means we only had 1 ride last week but it was really hot on the weekend and it was nice seeing family. 

image.thumb.png.3694aac1b6030845ef17e04b8edb8da3.png

I did pretty good for Week 0 I think. I am thinking asking myself to do 3 bodyweight workouts it a very big challenge but I think I am going to add a rule to make it a bit easier since I am just trying to start the habit and that will be that I just have to start for it to count. 

Week 1 already seems overwhelming as there will be a lot of organizing and I refuse to miss any of my riding this week. I will need to do groceries for the house, groceries for camping, pack and finish my todo list before Friday. 

To Do:

- charge battery pack

- laundry

- grocery shop

- pick up dog food

- pick up prescription (Thurs or Fri morning)

- go to dollarama 

- trim dog claws

- Put yard waste into bags (Mon. night)

• Like 3

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

10 minutes ago, Tateman said:

It has been hot around these parts too. Hopefully, this week goes well. It has been so long since I went camping. That sounds fun!

Same! I am very excited

----

At my lunch break I put my clothes in the washer, then I went to Dollarama and got some stuff for camping. Then I picked up the dog food on the way back! Woohoo progress. And I remembered at least 2 other things I need to do tonight. I am not sure if I should go riding tonight, or if I should try to just accomplish everything I want to today to get it out of the way for Friday. The yard waste into bags has to happen tonight though because tomorrow is garbage day. 

• Like 3

After work I made fajita bowls for dinner (chicken, yellow peppers, black olives, pickled jalapenos and corn over rice with cheese, lettuce, salsa and sour cream). We then started making our hot sauce that will ferment on the counter for a week or so, it was pretty easy! Then afterwards I went and filled 5 yard bags with all the stuff I cleaned up last week. I also did a bit of extra weeding, I weed whacked the front and I trimmed the bush at the front of the house.. or attempted to. It started to finally rain but I figured I was already soaked so what the heck :P and I kept at it. 

I'm thinking of getting some marigolds, lavender, autumn sedum and ornamental grasses for the front. 

Spoiler

20200622_194800.thumb.jpg.3458ca2340d4245aeebb7a86774ba89a.jpg20200622_194740.thumb.jpg.c16897082f7464e5860f9182a9f0e887.jpg20200622_194729.thumb.jpg.659384c818cfddd193a2d56713b9f1e6.jpg20200622_194729.thumb.jpg.659384c818cfddd193a2d56713b9f1e6.jpg

20200622_194717.jpg

• Like 5

Thats a nice little walkway. I have a city veggie garden at my place, but I look forward to having enough space someday to have a nice floral/bush/tree space too. What kind of tree is that?  Reminds me of this ornamental japanese maple or something this one house near me has. 

Training Log/Progress Pics: Harder to Kill

Current Challenge: Zach from Water, to Water

Challenge History: 1 2 3 4 

2 hours ago, ZachPSU said:

Thats a nice little walkway. I have a city veggie garden at my place, but I look forward to having enough space someday to have a nice floral/bush/tree space too. What kind of tree is that?  Reminds me of this ornamental japanese maple or something this one house near me has. 

I wish I could tell you but I really have no clue. 🤣 I actually only just noticed it a week ago..... I've owned the house for almost 4 years haha. I do like it and the little red one infront of the big Bush thing in the hosta garden. 

You're so productive :). Today will start a hot period here as well, and we're not ready for it... Fingers crossed that it won't be too bad!

Some flowers in your garden will be lovely. I vote for marigolds, but that's because I like outspoken colours :P. Your ideas are all great :). One tip: look up how well the flowers can deal with the amount of sun they're getting on beforehand, so that you'll have happier flowers.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Waanie said:

You're so productive :). Today will start a hot period here as well, and we're not ready for it... Fingers crossed that it won't be too bad!

Some flowers in your garden will be lovely. I vote for marigolds, but that's because I like outspoken colours :P. Your ideas are all great :). One tip: look up how well the flowers can deal with the amount of sun they're getting on beforehand, so that you'll have happier flowers.

Good luck with the heat! Hopefully if it is hot it's more dry lol. Ours has been a bit humid.

The lavender and sedum do well in full sun. I'm not sure about the others. I'd like a plant to line my driveway. They used to have hostas but those do better in partial sun. But I'm wondering if they just used separated it from the big hosta at the front because that thing is starting to get huge 😱

• Like 2

I've been feeling head cold /allergies all day. So I took some allergy medication around lunch then I got really loopy and tired... Like passing out while my code is compiling. So I went to lie down for a few minutes and ended up passing out for an hour. Woops. I got up and was feeling woozy still and groggy and had a fun message from the lady who picked up her dog painting about how she's really not happy with it because the varnish is too shiny, there's some dog hairs that got stuck under it (which I told her about and I fixed the really bad ones) and there's a paint glob. But she said she really loves the painting side from those flaws. So I get to repaint it and take the old one back which will be sanded then primed for a new painting 😱😭 I'm learning that I really don't like repainting things and it makes me more burnt out because it's a lot of pressure to duplicate a painting, so because of this... I'm putting all my other commissions on hold because I need a painting break to paint the things I wanted to paint 3 months ago. If I haven't been given a deposit I'm not doing it right now.

Anyways I had sushi for dinner (yam roll and spicy crunchy salmon) and it was super yummy and I started to feel better. Then I went to riding and I had a really good ride. We played Terraria a bit then I finished the hands painting finally. I'm not super happy with the butterfly but I can't make it better. Overall though I think this painting is improved from the first one. I think I'm just in a negative headspace about my paintings right now. 

20200623_222222.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I'm not super happy with the butterfly but I can't make it better. Overall though I think this painting is improved from the first one. I think I'm just in a negative headspace about my paintings right now. 

I think the butterfly looks great! I'm sorry you're in a negative head space right now. I think some fun painting is definitely in order. *hugs*

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys ❤️ 

2 more sleeps until camping :D I am excited. 

To do

- Finish groceries 

- Get new inner tube 

- Change back bike tire 

- Call in prescription (today)

- Pick up prescription (tomorrow)

- Double check hook/lure set up on fishing rod

- Put batteries in twinkly lights

- Charge battery pack

- Charge kobo

- Return shirts to Walmart 

My brother decided he wants to bring bikes so I need to finish changing my tires. I really hope I did it right lol I am feeling like there isn't enough time with riding the horse every night and getting organized for this trip so I am trying my best but I might need to skip riding tomorrow night.

---- update ----

I called in my prescription and apparently they had to fax it out for more refills -rolls eyes- which is interesting since last time I talked to them (a month ago) the lady said she would fax it out. This seems to happen a lot. And I didn't specifically say 3 months worth so I might not get 3 months worth again ... even though theres supposedly a note on my file. 

On my lunch I figured out how to remove my back tire and I took the old tube and tire off the rim. This tube was damaged a bit because it looks like somehow it got pinched. I lubed and cleaned my gears and chain as best as I could. Now I just need to get the inner tube and I could reassemble it all.

When I came back inside Rook was covered in hives... bleh. It happens every once in awhile in the summer/fall. The door was open so I wonder if some allergen came in.  I gave him some benadryl but they haven't fully gone away yet so I might need to give him a cool oatmeal bath later. I am sure he will be okay but I am considering skipping riding tonight just to make sure I am around in case it gets worse.

• Like 4

The hives on Rook went away but by time I got home with BF it was going to be a rush to get to ride so I decided I'd finish my checklist. I got the new inner tube and successfully (I hope) switched it all. The bike is riding like a dream but I don't think I got enough air in the back tire. I don't have a pressure gauge 😅 but my brother does so he can check it Friday. I'm proud of myself if cleaning, lubing and fixing my bike... We've been trying to find a bike for my sister to bring camping or alternatively I'm okay getting a new bike and I have my new bike all picked out lol... But it's $500-600 before tax and out of stock everywhere of course. So back to searching for a bike she can borrow. 

• Like 3

Good job on the bike! As a general rule of thumb for the pressure in bike-tires: you should be able to slightly dent(?) the tire with two thumbs, but not with one thumb if you press on it. This is for city-bikes though, I don't know about other bikes. I usually just pump it up until I really have to use force on the bike pump. 

6 hours ago, Waanie said:

Good job on the bike! As a general rule of thumb for the pressure in bike-tires: you should be able to slightly dent(?) the tire with two thumbs, but not with one thumb if you press on it. This is for city-bikes though, I don't know about other bikes. I usually just pump it up until I really have to use force on the bike pump. 

I don't have a hand pump, I was using my car pump so I didn't want to over do it. It felt pretty rock solid at the 20psi reading on the air compressor. It did the job to at least to test that the bike was still working after everything was back together 😅 

----

I have had a pretty relaxing morning so far 😏. Woke up about an hour ago, went on my phone for a bit but it was down to 5% (I'm not charging it overnight since during the day it's plugged in for app development). I coloured a bit in my under the seas colouring book while I listened to music and then I told myself to do 1 set of my workout. 

Single leg RDLs 10/leg

Squat 10

Reverse lunge 10/leg

Eccentric press down 3

Dead bugs 10/side

• Like 3

Super productive lunch. I got my prescription picked up, put my riding stuff in the car, trimmed the dogs claws and tasted our sauerkraut which we are now deeming as "complete". Even though they both have the same things in it and were made at the same time one is more pickled. I'm wondering if it is because 2 different people prepared the cabbage and layered the things.  I wouldn't think that would make that big of a different though.

Lunch was super simple, 1/3 an orange pepper, 1 toast with margarine and 30g old cheddar 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rookie said:

I don't have a hand pump, I was using my car pump so I didn't want to over do it.

For me it's the other way around, lol. Definitely a different culture.

56 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Even though they both have the same things in it and were made at the same time one is more pickled. I'm wondering if it is because 2 different people prepared the cabbage and layered the things. 

I wouldn't be surprised at that, but I actually don't know. Where are the fermentation bacteria coming from typically? If those are coming from your hands, it would make sense that some have more than others. Anyway, I really don't know how how sauerkraut is fermented.

2 minutes ago, Waanie said:

For me it's the other way around, lol. Definitely a different culture.

🤣

2 minutes ago, Waanie said:

I wouldn't be surprised at that, but I actually don't know. Where are the fermentation bacteria coming from typically? If those are coming from your hands, it would make sense that some have more than others. Anyway, I really don't know how how sauerkraut is fermented.

I think its just from the cabbage sitting in a brine on the counter without access to oxygen. Not necessarily from your hands. Though I am not 100%. 

• Like 1