Rookie Moves More to Eat More

Rookie

We're almost out of lockdown over here in NL. We just have to keep our distance and have extra hygiene precautions, but otherwise everything is open again. Many people still have to work from home since it's impossible to keep your distance in the office, but you really see that people are getting more relaxed with it again over here. We do have a very low number of infections though, and it hasn't increased over the past month in which everything slowly opened up again and everyone became eligible for testing.

• Like 1
On 6/29/2020 at 7:02 PM, Tateman said:

Yeah here in California, stuff is getting halted. At least one county was directed to shelter in place even. So yeah, that is still going on all over. Looks like some great weather there!

At least they are being cautious. We will see how much of a spike we get after Canada day celebrations.

5 hours ago, Waanie said:

We're almost out of lockdown over here in NL. We just have to keep our distance and have extra hygiene precautions, but otherwise everything is open again. Many people still have to work from home since it's impossible to keep your distance in the office, but you really see that people are getting more relaxed with it again over here. We do have a very low number of infections though, and it hasn't increased over the past month in which everything slowly opened up again and everyone became eligible for testing.

People are certainly acting relaxed over here but we don't quite have things as under control as NL. 

===

My little vacation was great. Camping was super fun and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Cottaging was great too and I felt so relaxed. During camping we did lots of biking, playing in the sand, playing frisbee and walking. The cottage has lots of water fun with the dogs and just sitting by the water. We didn't end up really taking the kayaks out because BF got a bit burnt ^^; bt I totally had to try out the kayak using my dads new boat lift lol spoiled.

My sister is driving me a bit nuts with her being afraid of the world. Shes looking at different college courses and trying her hardest to find an online school she can go to but she wants to work with animals. I told her its best to find a course that has some practical elements for that. She claims she wants to do online school to try it out but I know its her anxiety and being afraid of people and the world / wanting to remain sheltered. Especially since I pointed out she literally got to do online schooling for the remainder of her grade 12 year 😕 She said it wasn't real online school and it was too easy. I get being uncomfortable at new situations but sometimes you just have to do those to grow and become not as uncomfortable at everything. I think in the long run she will gain more confidence if she finds a course with in-person elements. Even if its just a few courses out of the program. BUT if I talk like that she just kind of disappears and ghosts me. I had to tell her to remove "PCDI Canada" off her list of schools because people are saying the course is very much US rules and laws and doesn't transfer over to Canada.... she was pretty set on going there because it requires no pre-requisites,  its cheap(er) and can be done all online for their vet assistant course. I am trying to help her find a course in Canada she can take but most require biology or chemistry and you have to go in person.

• Like 5

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

18 hours ago, Waanie said:

That holiday sounds amazing, I'm glad you had such a good time :).

Yesterdays work was a real struggle lol I was still in lazy cottage mode.

18 hours ago, Waanie said:

Does your sister realise that animals typically have owners? And that you can't learn how to work with animals without actually being close to the animals? Like, of course you need practicals for that!

Yes lol she knows that but she doesn't seem to want to deal with people. Plus I think shes nervous about starting a new school and having to meet new people. Anyways she just said she thinks she would enjoy working around animals. My coworkers SIL was a vet tech and is now a manager at a clinic so I asked what schooling someone would need to be a vet assistant and she said skip the schooling for vet assistant you cant just become learn everything you need on the job. The vet tech course is 2 years and you apparently need to write an exam to get into it. I am instructing her to get her social insurance number ... because she needs that to work and she just never has done it. She has the maturity of a 15 year old. I don't think she realized high school would ever end then she would have to figure out whats next :P After she gets her SIN I am saying she should either try to find an entry level job at an animal clinic of some sort or volunteer at a shelter for the experience and see if she likes it. But she also needs to get her licence but if I remind her of that she will probably get overwhelmed and shut down.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Waanie said:

There are services for that, but those are a bit too expensive for my taste, lol. Did they have everything you need?

Everything but corn on the cob and the coffee creamer I usually get. Lots of veggies and meat though! :) The meat had pretty good sales for ground beef and pork chops so I grabbed some of each. 

----

Still kind of floating around trying to get back on track with tracking haha. Next week should hopefully be easier. 

Yesterday I went to the barn and decided to give Daisy a clip (giving her body a buzzcut lol) since we are in a perpetual heat wave. But it was hard because of a few factors. Freaking hot, there was a breeze that kept blowing the hairs back at me, I had no one to hold Daisy or anywhere to tie her and again freaking hot lol. I ended up not finishing because I was going to start feeling sick. Later that night we went to BFs friends house. We hung out and tried to come up with plans for the cottage trip we are all going on. 

Today I have been cleaning and such. I finally donated the random boxes I had too! :D YASSS. though there still a lot of boxes I need to find a home for. T_T And I finally did some laundry because I needed some clean shorts.

• Like 3

Monnnnndayyyyyyyyyy. The start of a new week. Yay. Also is this correct in saying that it is the 3rd week!? what?

I restarted the dog painting last night.The lady said she wants it life sized this time but unfortunately I do not know how big her dog was. I sketched it out after she okay'd the intended size with the image projected on the canvas. I then stupidly took a picture of it with Poncho for reference and she said she would like it a smidge bigger to make it life sized. So now I need to paint over the outline with some white paint to get rid of it. I wish I had a good gesso ... that would make it easier lol

• Like 2

My little summary for Week 1 + Week 2... Tracking wasn't perfect so it will be more high level. And I don't even remember the beginning of week 1 lol

Noms:

While camping I made sure we had a veggie at every dinner and breakfast we had an orange with it. I don't remember what we had at lunch lol I think it was cold cuts and swiss cheese. Breakfast and lunch I succeeded in having only 1 starch but dinner I often had a bun + potato salad.

Cottage I was mindful about making sure we had a fruit (watermelon or orange) at breakfast and most of the times for lunch. Dinner always had a veg and I rocked the 1 starch per meal. 

When we got home from cottage I hadn't done groceries so the 1 starch and making sure to have a veg or fruit with each meal kind of failed. But we are back on track now

Move:

Week 1+2: I got my 3 cardios (plus some) done while camping with all the walks and bike rides.

Week 2:  My final cardio was taking Rook for a walk around the block :)

Adulting:

Overall I think I might of missed maybe 3 flossing days between Week 1 + 2

I got a lot done Sunday towards my clean a thing goal. I swept the floors, vacuumed the stairs, donated a pile of boxes, cleaned the kitchen a bit, cleared off the kitchen table.

Not bad for such a crazy all over the place sort of week(s)! 

• Like 3

Woo yesterday was a scorcher! And more of the same today and tomorrow reaching temps of 42C. The trail ride we had planned for Saturday might need to be cancelled due to risk of thunderstorms and rain :( I think they will make the call if we are going or not Friday night. Fingers crossed for some nice weather!

My lesson yesterday ended up being cancelled because of the heat, so I got on Daisy and walked around a bit then got off because we were going to go for barn family icecream and talk about lessons. BUT then it downpoured  :P so we didn't end up going. But it was nice to just hang out and chat with the barn family. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.96c828d2d865d3d467cd6379e0ba084f.png

Woo not bad. Still struggling with doing the bodyweight workout.

So lets see.... 

Friday I finally got the okay to start painting the dog painting that I am redoing. I accidentally painted it on the 20x24 instead of the 24x24 canvas though but she said its okay. So hopefully it is.  I got the majority of the background in.  Trail ride for Saturday got postponed to next weekend on account of storms. We ended up ordering Indian food for dinner.

Saturday we basically seemed to watch Naruto all day except for when I went to the barn. It was threatening rain/thunderstorms all day but it never happened. Oh well. Daisy was extra on alert when I brought her out of the field so I thought for sure the storm would happen while I was there. We are now allowed to keep our stuff in our lockers in the barn and get our own water. Daisy's joint supplements went bad while they were stuck in the barn (I am guessing from the moisture and not being touched for 5 months). 

Sunday was more watching Naruto. Around 2pm we headed over to BFs+roomies parents house. They ended up getting a little girl puppy. Shes an adorable. When we got home we just watched more Naruto. I am hoping this isn't the normal haha. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Nice job. And for the bodyweight workout, maybe try a different one? Could be the one you have isn't inspiring you. 

I guess ^_^; I'll take a look on darebee and see if there are any that spark interest.

• Like 1

Feeling super productive. Before I wasn't but reflecting back I now do lol 

Today I got good progress on my work stuff. I read my book. I weeded the garden a bit while I waited for dinner. We watched Naruto. I made excellent progress on the "dog painting take 2". And I just did a workout. #winning

My left knee is significantly weaker than right. And I notice it wants to cave in when I use it. (Not during squats but during lazy burpees or lunge type things) But I figure as long as I take those exercises slow and focused hopefully I can strengthen it

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Feeling super productive. Before I wasn't but reflecting back I now do lol 

Today I got good progress on my work stuff. I read my book. I weeded the garden a bit while I waited for dinner. We watched Naruto. I made excellent progress on the "dog painting take 2". And I just did a workout. #winning

Nice job! :) 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Rookie said:

Yay! Way to kick butt!

IMG_0066.JPG

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

2 minutes ago, Rookie said:

My riding lesson actually kicked my butt. I didn't think it would be that bad lol. Daisy and I both lost a lot of muscle and probably have been taking too many walk breaks. 😭😱

Rut roh Raggy! Maybe Daisy needs a Scooby snack!

• Haha 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria