WhiteGhost Does Whatever the Heck he Wants

I had a bunch of grand plans as I was thinking about this challenge and the more I wrote about it, the less I wanted to do it.  It didn't take long to realize that trying to structure a challenge around doing things I didn't even want to do was a recipe for disaster.

So I scrapped everything.  I am just going to do what I want.  Luckily, what I want to do is what I have been doing already, and it seems to working fine for me.  

So what do I want to do?

1. Look good - I have been trying to get rid of all the excess fluff I put on while in the first month of quarantine and so far I have been generally successful.  I am back down to a weight I am happy with and a body fat percentage that is pretty close to where I would like it to be.  I am going to continue my cut and run a small deficit for this month anyway because at the end of this challenge I am going to participate in Sloth's Speedo Challenge by posting a picture of myself in a Speedo (or similar attire because none of my swimsuits fit anymore)

2. Move - I am working on a bunch of various calisthenics skills but I don't want to try and narrow down my program too specifically because I enjoy having the flexibility of doing whatever I feel like doing on a given day.  I will probably spend most of my time on front & back levers, HSPUs and planches. 

3. Eat - I have been enjoying cooking and the healthy eating that goes along with that.  I have now accumulated a good supply of recipes that I will probably be drawing from, but I also want to try out some new things.  I considered bringing back Food Bingo, but maybe that will wait for another challenge (unless there is demand for it now).  

4. Learn - I have been doing pretty well with Duolino recently, but I think I have been pushing myself a little bit too hard and it is starting to feel like a chore.  An hour a day is just too much, so I will probably just stick with one language a day unless I happen to feel like doing more.  I will probably also get in some ukulele practice because I enjoy that.  Some drawing practice may happen, but I am not going to beat myself up if I don't.

5. Have fun and play games.  Mostly this is going to be D&D & Skyrim.  I am currently involved in three D&D campaigns and maybe a fourth will start up at some point during this challenge. Skyrim will also happen but after binging on it so much over the last few months, it doesn't hold the same attraction it once did.   

• Like 16
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

20 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I had a bunch of grand plans as I was thinking about this challenge and the more I wrote about it, the less I wanted to do it.  It didn't take long to realize that trying to structure a challenge around doing things I didn't even want to do was a recipe for disaster.

So I scrapped everything.  I am just going to do what I want. 

I like this approach! I may steal it. :) 

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34

14 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good challenge. Duolingo is impossible to please, it always wants you to do more.

It's like a pet cat that way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34

Following for awesomeness, pictures and all the rest!

• Like 1

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

So I scrapped everything.  I am just going to do what I want.  Luckily, what I want to do is what I have been doing already, and it seems to working fine for me.  

Sounds like a great plan - work with yourself, not against yourself.

• Like 2

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 0  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 0  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Muscle Wizard: Origins

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

9 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

I like this approach! I may steal it. :) 

Season 8 Restraining Spongebob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants - Find ...

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I like your challenge.

It was partially inspired by your bad self :) 

8 hours ago, sylph said:

Here for a @WhiteGhost un challenge challenge.

You know, I think this may be my first one

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good challenge. Duolingo is impossible to please, it always wants you to do more.

Thanks, Duo is insatiable

8 hours ago, analoggirl said:

So many themed picture prospects this challenge! :D Okay, two. 

here for, well, all of the above!

All of the above is very likely to happen here :) 

8 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

It's like a pet cat that way.

Truth!

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Following for awesomeness, pictures and all the rest!

No guarantees on awesomeness, but pictures and all the rest will happen

7 hours ago, deftona said:

Not even if you stuff them full of potatoes?

It's the waistband that doesn't fit anymore.  There was never any room for potatoes in the first place :P 

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Here for the pictures ;)

Ask and you shall receive

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Not gonna lie, me too.

See below for the first pictures of this challenge

4 hours ago, Jarric said:

Sounds like a great plan - work with yourself, not against yourself.

It's a lot easier to get things done with a partner than an antagonist

3 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Hereeeeeee :D

Welcomeeeeeee!

3 hours ago, tei_ said:

Here! And yeah, and hour of duolingo sounds like a lot. Even to placate the guilt-tripping owl. (I should get back to it, though.)

it actually wasn't as bad as it sounds because it was broken up across multiple languages (i.e. 1 level or full circle each of Russian, Korean, Arabic and Spanish, and sometimes some Japanese or Chinese).

I Rebel GIFs | Tenor

Yesterday was pretty much a complete rest day.  I was pretty worn out from our whirlwind Dalian trip that all I wanted to do was veg on the couch all day.  I did get caught on four days of NF and all the D&D stuff on Discord.  I made some burgers for lunch and then in the evening I made my first ever attempt at homemade pizza.

It was pretty bad, mostly because the crust was tougher than pressboard.  I really need to get some yeast and make a proper crust.  I also put on too much sauce so everything fell right off the crust as soon as I bit into it.  The sauce was based on a recipe I got from Deffy for her first side quest and it was good but a little more fancy than I am used to.  It was more the kind of sauce you would expect to find on a fancy European style pizza than the American stuff which is basically glorified ketchup.  I will try again once I get ahold of some yeast.

I am still waiting for the official pictures from our Dalian jaunt but here are some pics that we took ourselves.  Some of them have already been photoshopped and others are still the original pics because I wanted to share something here but didn't want to wait for everyone to get their stuff photoshopped.  One of these pics is Ghostess, and if you look carefully you may also be able to see me in one of the pictures as well ;) 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • That's Metal 2

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Haaaa the PICS!! Brilliant! The suspense was just about right :D Not wanting to be blasphemous or anything but you look like the virgin Mary discovering the miracle :D

I really like the second pic :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

3 hours ago, @mu said:

Haaaa the PICS!! Brilliant! The suspense was just about right :D Not wanting to be blasphemous or anything but you look like the virgin Mary discovering the miracle :D

I really like the second pic :)

I am pretty happy with how the pics came out, and am really looking forward to seeing them once they are all polished up. 

It's a mystery, we must have had a very wild weekend because I'm not even sure which one got me knocked up :D

38 minutes ago, deftona said:

The pics are wonderful! Which one is the picture of Ghostess?

I would really love to see everyone's guesses on which one she is.  Ghostess is also very interested to see how the guesses come out.  In fact, we even have a little side bet going on about how accurately you guys guess :D  

23 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I LOVE IT!!! 😂😍🤩

So much fun :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Level 2 Ninja

3 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I would really love to see everyone's guesses on which one she is.  Ghostess is also very interested to see how the guesses come out.  In fact, we even have a little side bet going on about how accurately you guys guess :D  

My guess is picture number 4 because I am assuming you took the photos and this is the lady who looks most comfortable and natural in front of the camera. 

Although I did see her very briefly in the background of one of our video chats and I think she had long hair. Still, I will go with #4.

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Tough call - they all look beautiful for different reasons and yeah, we have nothing to go off of. #1 looks quietly happy with life, #2 is carefree, #3 looks like she knows what she wants out of life and plans for it, #4 looks like a model - very proper and poised, same with #5 but a bit quieter personality, and #6 needs to learn that women don't smile such that their foreheads  and cheeks wrinkle. :D Without that and the massive guns, you'd make a pretty decent pregnant bride. 

I'm going to guess Ghostess is either #1 - straightforward and content with life, or #3, based on being a business owner and going after what she wants in life. 

• Like 2

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

How have I not posted here yet?! Gotta get it together, jeez.

BEST. PHOTOS. EVER. Also guessing #4 because deftona’s logic seems more well-reasoned than anything I could come up with.

Quick sidebar: this idea of pizza excites me. How did you do it the first time without yeast? Did it just turn into kind of a tortilla?

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

17 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

What if its a trick question and the answer is none of the above...? Anyways my guess is #3

• Haha 1