• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bouncer_the_Lovable

Lvl 5 - Bouncer Walks her Behind Off

So... I was supposed to be having a crazy job adventure in Northen Minnesota. Found out my brain and body just don't fit that mold. However, found a way to lose weight and how much I NEED nature. (again). 

Main goal: 

Walking 5 miles, 5 days a week. --- In MN I'm lucky to have trail system. I've always said this since I joined NF but I haven't walked enough to keep the weight off. 

Others:

Damn Paperwork... Not even going to say what it is. I'm too embarrased. But I need to get it done before this challenge if I want to get my last semester done with. 

Write Daily... I found my creative bug once more, wanting to be let out up North. It needs to be played with. 

Meditate and Journal a sentence.... Sittign with self, and journaling what I've done and such are needed. 

Stay Focused at Work..... I learned I can focus at work, not a job I can easily get lost in music also. Or my audiobooks. I tend to slack though, the moer tired I get. Showing up on time, being optimistic and working hard are 3 things I can easily do when I stay focused. 

Nutrition I know is a big part of weightloss, but I will be dealing with money and food in the background. Seeing what is easy to make not adding rules, trying to stay away from fast food. Try to make foods that I'm craving (spiced dishes usually are better to learn what I want). Might update, but the above I know I want to focus on more right now. Food is too "emotinally driven" and when one puts rules on it gets worst. Over trying to remind myself "lets buy a frozen dinner over mc donalds, and when was the last time you ate a vegetable?"

• Like 10

Ooo, writing! Do you do NaNoWriMo at all? They have events in April and July they call Camp NaNo, that are a lot of fun and very forgiving, since you set your own goals however you wish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Ooo, writing! Do you do NaNoWriMo at all? They have events in April and July they call Camp NaNo, that are a lot of fun and very forgiving, since you set your own goals however you wish.

Yes! I've actually been an off and on with it since 2010! Wona few, 2015 I bunch of NaNo shirts that are on sale. All of the ones that survived are black. Will probably buy more, since I have the itch. 

I'm also trying to use 4thewords, which is my favorite writing game... 

Writing this challenge is going to be a mix of Sim story telling (due to a fansite of mine doing a SimWriMo/summer challenge this summer) and still working at a novel that hasn't quite come out and grown with me since 2013

1 minute ago, WolfDreamer said:

Welcome to the Adventurers @Bouncer_the_Lovable. Your goals look great! Let me know if I can help in any way.

A returner! Thank you, know what lovely needs to get done. 

1 minute ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m a bit disappointed that we won’t be getting up north updates.

Good luck with the challenge.

yeah... I did some stuff. But 90% of the time I was too wiped out to do anything. I went on one hike!  And I think I was heavily intimitated in the end. Slight steep = boudler to climb up or down (centennial trail)

Here is some clumsy photos: 

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

20200527_161623.thumb.jpg.068c78b41bd84bb02317a93525ade868.jpg

Selfi on the trail

20200527_164048.thumb.jpg.c8871e39d20dee98a97e1190e23099a4.jpg

First time ever seeing lady slippers! Saw quite a few around the resort after this trail. 

20200606_202718.thumb.jpg.a3920273cf267246a2645de4693b4cc3.jpg

(The last pic I had taken at the resort). 

20200527_173616.thumb.jpg.68219e738f358baed51d8883545c2de4.jpg

One of the views on the trail. There was even nicer ones, but I ran out of water and was just done with a third to go. 

20200601_184531.thumb.jpg.80a11a7f1d83404a9831e9c1886b1775.jpg

The only animal shot I ended up taking, mixed fox with a grouse in his mouth. He didn't want his pic taken. 

20200606_201433.thumb.jpg.da15e78d6157270d3bf1814f181510c7.jpg

My only favorite selfie for after hour fishing on pontoon with co-workers. I never caught anything. 

20200606_201504.thumb.jpg.622866ef53978a339dc8cab2b145d2ec.jpg

The view during the selfie. 

Sorry I couldn't keep up with pics and adventures, it just all seemed exhausting.  Nothing compared to what everyone has been dealing with, just felt like I had to be quiet about my complaints and seeing the positive side was getting harder. I had many wins, just not to their standards. 

A place that I felt like an orge among elves and had no idea how to share it. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Food is too "emotinally driven" and when one puts rules on it gets worst.

I struggle with this too. I have to keep it simple and positive or else I’m Alfred Molina in the window of chocolate in Chocolat. 💛

ccc.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Sorry I couldn't keep up with pics and adventures, it just all seemed exhausting.  Nothing compared to what everyone has been dealing with, just felt like I had to be quiet about my complaints and seeing the positive side was getting harder. I had many wins, just not to their standards. 

A place that I felt like an orge among elves and had no idea how to share it.

*hugs* That is such a difficult situation to keep going in. Celebrate your wins, because you can take them with you and win or loose, you grow on what you've learned. I think you did amazingly well for having been thrown in the deep end. Now to try something else.

In these selfies you look so much like my one cousin. Unfortunately we don't have any contact, but I remember when we were younger (teenagers) and she had this long reddish hair. It is beautiful!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I struggle with this too. I have to keep it simple and positive or else I’m Alfred Molina in the window of chocolate in Chocolat. 💛

ccc.jpg

Yes exactly! Ironically I was thinking of Whole30 again, and after 30 mins of that train I realized "nope if that worked it would have worked the first 7 times". 

As I enjoy a bowl of generic french toast crunch for supper and breakfast. 

11 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

Welcome back!!

3 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

Welcome! 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

*hugs* That is such a difficult situation to keep going in. Celebrate your wins, because you can take them with you and win or loose, you grow on what you've learned. I think you did amazingly well for having been thrown in the deep end. Now to try something else.

In these selfies you look so much like my one cousin. Unfortunately we don't have any contact, but I remember when we were younger (teenagers) and she had this long reddish hair. It is beautiful!

Thank you! And thank you for the reminder, I'm appreciative of everyone's support. 

Hehe, good to know! The sun for my hair personally does interesting things from natural highlights and different shades. I personally love my hair long because of easy care and all the different colors and shapes come through. If I had stayed the whole summer I'm pretty sure the red and blonde would have come out heavily. 

Week 0 - Monday

Main goal: 

Walking 5 miles, 5 days a week. --- I went on 2 walks on stupid concrete and my phone only found "4.8 miles". Have reopened my WizardsUnite account to see if it'll help me on these rough days "I'm too tired." Or get certain walks in when I can't hit the trails. 

Others:

Damn Paperwork... Not started yet.

Write Daily... I looked over my sims project, felt stuck. Am noticing my writing doesn't flow like it used to when I was younger, so seeing that my "writing anxiety" is branching into my creative writing. So great time to work on that!

Meditate and Journal a sentence.... Thought about it, didn't do it... 

Stay Focused at Work..... N/A

Today's Side Quest... wash and repack up my car. Tomorrow I'm heading to homebase early. I have an appointment at 9 am that is south of where I live, so need to be ready before bed. Bonus Reward: if I pack up and out by 6. I can get another Bubba tea! (They close at 7... and don't open till 10 am). 

• Like 4

Hit my goal mostly with packing up my car, and ended up doing several loads of laundry. The learning process... I ended up leaving at 6:30, and tried a different shop of the same chain of tea. My phone refused to open the site to order, and they only did website only for the destination that stayed open longer than my other choice. But watching at least a dozen people at a time getting their order, their business is running strong. Will try another day. 

But am back home and trying to find out if I work tomorrow or not, since I haven't been updated (most likely yes, and just someone forgot to call me).  They know I can't handle a lot and are giving me 2 accounts, enough to work every weekday in the evening (no longer than 6 hours). Plus not the old account I used to work and kind of REALLY hated. Will be ready to give my full 100 after what I've been through (plus I'm more of an evening person that morning also). 

Goals!

Walks.... I believe I hit over 5,000 steps (halfish my goal). Which was good when most of the day was laundry and figuring out packing. Many stairs were walked up and down. I went on a small walk to get a challenge for a "Wizard Unite" daily event.

Paperwork.... Not touched, am realizing I need to make a smaller goal. But first to unpack my car. 

Write Daily...I wrote a couple hundred words for sim story! (I want more, but was a busy day). 

Meditate & Journal Daily.... No journaling, but some meditation on being mindful while packing. Some prayers to ask God to guide me on my relationship (still love the guy, just some things still bugging me and idk what to do other than allow to be guided- yes its been months). Some mindful meditation when trying to get sleep (lots of little noises, heat and allergies). 

Stay Focused at Work...N/A

Otherstuff

I need to make smaller goals for paperwork, and a time for meditation/journal. Met with my healer where I was actually able to sit with my eyes closed in meditation, able to feel the safe atmosphere he had made. Noticed how much I need to breathe more, so goal of meditation is to close my eyes for at least 30 seconds and just breathe deeply for the rest of the week. When I work I do catch myself to breathe deeply but need to be with myself, because else my inner child is like "lets not do this." Need to practice now so I can face more challenges.

Am happier I have had 3 walks with people this week, I can enjoy city walking when I"m with people. 2 with my boyfriend in quiet St. Paul, and 1 with my mother today to go get fun lunch. 

2 of the closest people in my life are working on getting their strength back, a good sign for me to keep at it. 

I will be working on adding stretching when I can think where to put it in routines (my mother has the apartment flipped upside down for new reorganizing and decluterring- only going to cook/prepare easy dinners until further notice).

Working on having compassion still, I'm shaking up things once more. Along with still seeing the chaos around me.... 

• Like 4

Goals!

Walks.... 11k+ on my pedometer. In the end I have no idea if this is 10k for me. Since when I first worked my job in May I was doing 20k+

Paperwork.... Nada, other than realizing my work schedule means "I have no excuses, and could get some done before July". 

Write Daily...Another few hundred words, am close to getting it done. So by the weekend I hope to get it published for folks to see. 

Meditate & Journal Daily.... I journaled a sentence! Could have done some deep breathing but did try to stay with myself when the past and other stuff jumped up at me. 

Stay Focused at Work...N/A

Otherstuff

Did an actual yoga for the first time in a long while. I'm at that point finally where I'm like "If I can't do it, I go back to the previous pose". It was "Yoga for Complete Beginners" by Adriene. Was impressed by how somethings didn't hurt like they did 2 or 5  years ago when I attempted a similar video. My arms ended up shaking.

My body is craving being stretched and if I get at least 20 mins of yoga or stretching I will allow myself to get more Data... (Wizards United... playing it b/c I love HP stories, blah the writer's huge controversy right now) 

My mother was still not sick of me, to the point she decided to hang out in bed with me (its her old bed she gave me, because my last bed is stupid. And she's workign on buying another for herself). I forsee myself trying to stay busyish between work, so we can still like each other before school starts (most of us last semester was me trying to give her space). 

And enjoying having my day before I get back to work in 5 hours. 

• Like 4

Goals!

Walks.... Only 7k, work ended up not going as long as I thought it might (thursdays are the easist). Did a short walk before work to get some sun, thuderstorms were going on afterwards. Wanted to play 

Paperwork.... Nada, other than realizing my work schedule means "I have no excuses, and could get some done before July". 

Write Daily... Found a way to have a bit more fun with my sim writing, will shorten words but making the art of it more fun with a song and pictures. 

Meditate & Journal Daily.... A few more sentences wrote. No actual meditaion outside of late morning yoga. 

Stay Focused at Work...  Yup! Worked with my manager on learning the job and what I need to work on. Will get easier overtime. 

Reward Tracker:

-Finish a Sims Story/challenge: Buy new expansion

-Finish a First part of Paperwork: TBD

-Yoga 25 mins / 60 mins

-Journal a page everyday 6/19-July 1st (1/12) - join online group

Otherstuff

Father's day weekend is iffy on the rain (plans I was invited to were changed).  I am planning to do a few hikes with dirt this weekend. Despite rain or sun (I have a big raincoat, as long as the sky isn't black or green I should be good). 

There is another online group coming up, that I'm trying to talk myself out of. These goals are keeping me busy enough and I need to be mindful of money. So told myself if I REALLY want to join the group I should journal at least a page length until July. So I'll see how long that goes for. 

Tiny, tiny goals. Adjusting Yoga goal for Data to be 60 mins of Yoga to get 1 data (I can stack up so I bugy cheaper). 

Downside of mother and I working for same company. Mom had stolen my two work shirts, found one that was clean (she really thought I was going to be gone for 2 more months). But lovely laundry to do right away! Just have to find the humor. 

• Like 6

Hi, how are things going?

I agree with WolfDreamer about you finding humour in some situations and just making the best of it.

Hey all sorry for the late update. Still finding humor. 

Week 1 was big on "damn my brain is still Jello, keeping up with new places and feeling the old job stuff resurface". Overwhelmed was a common feeling I had... 

Lots of scrolling on FB, while intrigued by the two places I clean. My local news studio and the "waste management"/where my garbage goes.... 

Seeing newscasters in their inbetween clothes had me a little awestruck (most I've seen for 10+ years on TV). And I understand the interesting choices they make on tv for their appearances now. 

Changing up the challenge because hitting 5 milse I realized is super overwhelming ,and now seeing how I trashed the apartment I was staying in (had zero energy to clean). 

So instead changing it up: "I Finally Get Routines Now"

Morning Routine 

-Wake up by 9 am (the goal)

-Can start eating after 9 am

-Guided Meditation (full meditaion)

-At least 5 mins of yoga or to where I can push myself without pain

-Journal at least 10 words (try to fill a page)

-Bonus if I get dressed before noon

Evening Routine

-Avoid eating after 9 pm, can eat vegetables (trying to avoid eating between 9 pm - 9am)

-Away from screens around 10

-Shower and brush teeth

-Meditate and read if can't sleep, but keep things dim for sleep

Bonus Goals: 

-5 pomodoros (cleaning or papers) I can get a fun drink (1 paper pomodoro = 2 )

-Working on sims writing goals (getting the creativity I need, and working on my followthrough with projects)

Other stuff

Been busy. I checked out my friend's cosignment shop for once and found some clothes I needed. I've been in there 3 times and she helped me find some shorts and a dress I like. I bought a necklace that I had no idea what to do with (was a dreamcatcher with turqoise, I had borderline feelings about it but kept thinking about it for a week before I bought it. Somehow my mother appreciated it as a gift... So found where it was supposed to go). 

Will be trying to get my maid of honor dress through this shop since she has a wedding dress section. I personally have had questionable time doing shopping in stores in the last 5 years, but I just loved shopping with them. So why not help a friend out. 

Today I went to the Minnesota Zoo (higher up zoo than the one I worked at last summer) with my boyfriend, where it was "drive-thru only". I haven't been to the zoo since high school, and it wasn't fun. My boyfriend was having a frustrating day with his family (family drama all the way back home), but he came. We were both upset because of different things because I thought we would be miserable. I however found it to be a reasonable time with me bringing snacks (strawberries, cashews and buffalo spiced cheese and sparkling water). He was able to sit back and enjoy the zoo a bit (he will never know how much I paid for the 30 mins we drove through). 

Note- you may know a person has an engineer background or physics background when they 100% enjoy checking out bridges. My bf seems to perk up when we see the bridges that are placed in tourist attractions. 

• Like 6

How are you doing?

On 6/29/2020 at 5:19 AM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Note- you may know a person has an engineer background or physics background when they 100% enjoy checking out bridges. My bf seems to perk up when we see the bridges that are placed in tourist attractions.

:D We have a friend or two who are like that. They just can't help it.

image.png.01a1a2868d93401266867e642a1a3f3d.png

• Like 1

Sorry all for going missing but I guess I needed time to play with routines. I say I leveled up with my awareness of time and mindfulness on working one thing at a time.

Seeing routines being something to help get things done but also the daily practice of working through the cause and effect of both outside and internal chaos that had a variety. 

What's working yoga, medication and journaling. When I'm mindful enough to get them done right away. 

I'm also working on figuring out sleep, budget and food/meal routines that will stick rest  of 2020. 

I've been busy but now figure out what I need help on. As my janitor job is quickly having me work on my stamina and strength. While yoga to help the chronic spasms  (I finally broke through a wall of the last 5 years).

Miss everyone so new challenge  coming up. Routines... know any fun interpretations of that??

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Sorry all for going missing but I guess I needed time to play with routines. I say I leveled up with my awareness of time and mindfulness on working one thing at a time.

That means you won, because you learned something important about yourself.  :)

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

That means you won, because you learned something important about yourself.  :)

Thank you!

Plus I finished paperwork that was over a year due!!

Have some more to finish before school starts on Aug. 24th! I have no idea how everything is going to work out this Fall... 

I have realized how much I tried to make challenges while trying to still transition. I am someone that takes awhile to transition but gets bored with the simple stuff and routine. So figured out my theme and figure out maybe a story theme for my creative outlet....

• Like 2