dancezwithkittehz birthdaaaay shred because why not

18 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

YOU NEEDED AN EXCUSE???!?

Obviously late to the party, but awesome on the dance stuff - always awesome when the damn leg finally goes where you want it to! :D And I feel you, popping up to a one-foot releve is real tough.

Hahahahaha. I mean. Clearly I WANT to eat the whole pan in general but I try not to haha.

And yesssss. It's amazing when the leg finally does the thing you've been trying to get it to do for yeaaars. I'm also noticing my lower ab activation is working better than it ever did when I was working on it all the fucking time with aerial so part of me is like....was it really the excess 15 lbs of fluff that was killing me on all this?!  But likewise my friend who is leading all of our zoom dance sessions has always been significantly heavier than me and has always been able to have a higher leg than me and hold it un assisted for much longer than I can, so I think it's  definitely a actually a learning to activate the right muscles thing and needing to slowly develop the flexibility and strength and not a "my fluff magically made me not able to use my muscles" thing.

And yes. One foot releve's are my nemesis. I am trying to just randomly work on it more throughout the day when I think of it (I always love doing random dance conditioning when I am cooking since there's always down time waiting to stir things etc!)

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

YAY!!! Hanging from things is the best!

HANG FROM ALL THE THIIIIINGSSSSSS. I have been seriously craving being upside down? Did not know that was a thing. Haha. I do it with dance though as well so I guess I should not be surprised.

• Like 3

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

I LEARNED A THIRD CHORD WHEEEE. I can play more like, actual song I know! I even muttered words along with strumming. PROGRESS. But I am SO SLOW switching to the new chord and switching to the chords I know from the new chord, like, I've done these hundreds of times in the last few weeks, but moving to a new chord from a position I know or a chord I know from a new position is haaaaaaard. Baby steps!

I'm also now working more on my song wish list and looking up what chords they use to see how long it will be before I can play them. I am learning a lot of my favorite things I really want to sign have minor chords which I am nowhere near learning, which I kind of knew but yeah. I've done a lot of choir but I've never properly ear trained to be able to sight read or to be able to know what note I am hearing when I hear something. The choir I did always played your part on the piano for you so I never worked at that and this reminds me I really need to get back to working on ear training. I also remember when I was practicing ear training I super struggled when they'd throw exercises at me where multiple notes were playing and differentiate the notes, so I think playing chords should help with that some hopefully (or can if I focus on that anyway.)

Challenge Week 3, Day 5, Thursday

Goal 1 - CUT - ✔️ - Yep!

Goal 1 Jump rope Daily -   - I forgot again. Like. I could have run upstairs and done a quick set when I was working on doing a bunch of muscle burnout reps on glutes and calves. I even thought "I should go do that" then I didn't. Woops. (To be fair I also decided to eat edibles last night just for giggles, so I was in super easily distracted mode and mostly thinking about food? Lol. Also most of my willpower was focusing on not eating too much and staying within daily calories.)

Goal 3- Anti racism homework -  -1 of 3 days for the week so far - Not yet but I am doing that RIGHT NOW today now that I am seeing I did not do this again yesterday. Motivation!

Unrelated to anything, I am tired of my hair color again. (HOW SUPRISING. Not.) I am in general annoyed by the lack of proper muted autumn tones in hair colors. All weird hair colors are all BRIGHTS but no one makes say, an olive green. The only muted tone I see regularly is like a slightly smokey lighter purple, which is a weird anomaly (and I guess pastels almost kind of count but those are muted in a different way than I mean. They are more muted in the less concentrated color and not in the seems like they have a bit of brown/grey to mute the brightness way.) I decided I really want to do a combo of a lighter olive green and maybe a golden yellow stripe (or maybe just all olive I dunno.) I ordered bleach, some grey for mixing into my bright dyes, a bright sunny golden yellow dye which I will probably also use for mixing. I think I can also achieve olive if I mix orange into one of my greens but I wanted options with the grey. I love greige too soo yeah. COLOR PLAY TIMEEEEE.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

Okkkkk attempting to remember what I did on the weekend:

Challenge Week 3, Day 6, Friday

Goal 1 - CUT - ✔️ - Yep!

Goal 1 Jump rope Daily - ✔️ -  Yep

Goal 3- Anti racism homework - ✔️ -2 of 3 days for the week so far - Yep

Challenge Week 3, Day 7, Saturday

Goal 1 - CUT - ✔️ - Yep!

Goal 1 Jump rope Daily --  No. Fail. But also I painted for like 6 hours and did not want to do any more exercise soo yeah.

Goal 3- Anti racism homework - ✔️ -3 of 3 days for the week so far - Yep! Again! Met the goal woot woot

Challenge Week 4, Day 1, Sunday

Goal 1 - CUT - - No. Woops. I painted Saturday and Sunday and was HUNGRYYYYYY

Goal 1 Jump rope Daily --  No. Again. But also I painted a second day so once again didn't want to do this. Lol.

Goal 3- Anti racism homework - -0 of 3 days for the week so far - I might have? But all my days are blending together. Lol

Wellllllll Sunday was pretty much a wash but I am happy all in all with last week and I once again don't feel bad about missing out some cut/ jump rope days since I painted a ton and everything hurt this weekend. I FINALLY FINISHED THE PRIMER COAT. FINALLLLLLY. It only took about 13? 14? hours total. I started the first color coat yesterday and HEYYY the colors do look good together (I thought they would but you never know if you are imagining it totally wrong but hey.) I can't wait to be done!  Maybe next weekend?  The first paint coat seems to be going so much faster (probably because the edges were already taped off this time.) Hopefully I can get through 2 coats in only one more weekend buuuut we'll see.

Also, finally got Disney+ and watched Hamilton. I have listened to the soundtrack a ton of times before that, but the actual show itself was so much even better than I assumed it would be. Unending love for all things Lin Manuel Miranda still a thing for sure. ❤️

• Like 2

Current Challenge

21 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Also, finally got Disney+ and watched Hamilton. I have listened to the soundtrack a ton of times before that, but the actual show itself was so much even better than I assumed it would be. Unending love for all things Lin Manuel Miranda still a thing for sure. ❤️

Yesss!!! I watched Hamilton just a week or two ago and it was amazing! I've still got the songs stuck in my head! 😆 Its an incredible, one-of-a-kind show, and I'm so glad it's on streaming now so it's available to more people. 

• Like 1

-=<| You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. |>=-

Daily Log: Apocalypse Training  ||  Current challenge: Riviera's Ninja Training, Chapter 1

Painting is still exercise, IMO. Haha.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

4 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Ahhh yess so glad to hear the colors are meshing well, and that Hamilton exceeded expectations!

3 hours ago, Riviera16 said:

Yesss!!! I watched Hamilton just a week or two ago and it was amazing! I've still got the songs stuck in my head! 😆 Its an incredible, one-of-a-kind show, and I'm so glad it's on streaming now so it's available to more people. 

Only prob with watching theater things is it makes me want to be on stage LIKE NOW. Which uh, is not happening anytime soon. 😭. I'll just watch Hamilton like a million more times and maybe that will work. haha. Assuming all theaters don't completely disappear since they have to close down for who knows how long (I know I'm deeply concerned both the small nonprofit performing arts spaces I have worked with will both be gone by the time this is all done.)

3 hours ago, raptron said:

Painting is still exercise, IMO. Haha.

I am going to have to second this. SO TIRING UGH. I can't wait for painting to be donnnneeeee. Both because my walls will look nicer AND I can get this damn ladder out of my room (don' want to lug it up and down 2 stories multiple times a week so I just have it chillin in my room and I have stubbed my toe SO MANY FUCKING TIMES OWW. 😂)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Soooooo I am considering stopping my cut now. This week will be the 5th week into this cut and getting into the I AM SO DONE WITH THIS realm. But also, like, the fluff still isn't quite where I want it to be. I think for my sanity going back to a maintenance plus increased activity phase would be a good idea because I'm not going to do like 6 more weeks of cut. Nope nope nope.

Final verdict is I have definitely slimmed out some especially around my torso, but the LEAST as usual on my belly. So if I look in the mirror facing sideways I look really slim but if I face the mirror there is still floppy belly and it looks like I've lost nothing. DEAR BELLY WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO MEEEEE?! I mean, this is nothing new and has been how it has gone the entire 5 years or whatever since I've been slowly slimming down, but. ARGH.  I know it will get there (and if I am wearing pants you can't really see the fluffiest bit but it's not what I want yet.

I am also now at this awkward spot where my bra band is definitely down to 32 if not actually lower than that. Last I measured it was hanging at 31 which is in that awkward range where 32s are almost too big but 30s are definitely too small. Also, since I have a bunch of muscle I tend to need to wear one band size up if I want to be able to flex and move around in things and also all fucking bras are cut where they dig into my lats in the most unflattering way possible. UGH. Anyway, I am going to hold off on buying more bras for now since I'm still trying to slim out and I just kind of assume I may slim down to solidly a 30 band again WHICH WILL SUCK because it means $80+ bras only for me in my size again. JOY. Also, I was convinced like a year or two ago that all my lifting is why my band got up to a 36 and not that I was bulking and putting on muscle but without losing the fluff layer. Yay beer bulk?...so I got rid of all my 30 band and 32 bands --probably over $1k of bras. Which I am going to try not to have ultimate sads about right now but yeah. Dilemma between I am TRYING SO HARD to get rid of clutter and excess clothes and not keep things that don't fit me buuut I guess I should have shoved them in a box in a closet somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Current Challenge

Oh yeah. I forgot I did a fun kitchen experiment of making a pot roast when I was out of a ton of things I thought I had. Luckily it came out delicious still but yeah.  I grabbed a NYT instant pot/ pressure cooker pot roast recipe to start with as my base since I've only ever done a chuck roast low and slow in the oven before and IT'S TOO HOT FOR THAT RIGHT NOW haha. I think what I ended up using ish was:

•  3? 2? lb chuck roast (I can't remember the weight. I buy all my meat from a butcher and it's not labeled other than what cut of meat it is)
  • 1.5-ish cups of white wine (because I was out of red wine apparently). The "ish" is because the bottle had a splash left in it after I measured out the 1.5 cups so why not
  • 4? ish potatoes and 4 ish carrots, cut into big chunks. These were added after cooking the roast until mostly done for a while so they would still actually be vegetables and not melted vegetable bits.
  • A combinations of the rest of the beef, chicken, and garlic base jars I had of better than bouillon (I thought I had a full beef one woops)
  • Maybe 2-3 tbsp ish of red wine vinegar (did not measure. it was almost empty also)
  • 1/2 cup or so of water
  • 1 big ass yellow onion cut into quarters
  • 6 massive garlic cloves (If they were normal sized I would have used more like 8-10 but these were all big)
  • Spices I think I used: rosemary, sage, a bunch of black pepper, diamond kosher salt (on the meat to start with)
  • 1 TBSP butter plus a handful of flour (to thicken the cooking liquid later on)
  • I ALMOST FORGOT. I added a packet of lipton onion soup mix because I had an extra one from the 2 pack when I made onion dip and why not

I seared the roast on saute, then sauteed the onions and garlic until they were a little bit softer, then tossed everything but the butter/flour and the carros/potatoes in for the first cook. Pressure cook on high for 1 hour. 10 min natural release, release full pressure, added in the veggie and pressure cooked for 10 more min. Then stirred in the flour/butter mix and cooked it down for maybe 5-10 min until it looked thicker enough.

IT WAS SUPER DELISH. Obviously a bit different profile then if I'd actually used red wine and actually had beef bouillon but all in all YUMMMMEHHHH.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

13 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:
  •  3? 2? lb chuck roast (I can't remember the weight. I buy all my meat from a butcher and it's not labeled other than what cut of meat it is)
  • 1.5-ish cups of white wine (because I was out of red wine apparently). The "ish" is because the bottle had a splash left in it after I measured out the 1.5 cups so why not
  • 4? ish potatoes and 4 ish carrots, cut into big chunks. These were added after cooking the roast until mostly done for a while so they would still actually be vegetables and not melted vegetable bits.
  • A combinations of the rest of the beef, chicken, and garlic base jars I had of better than bouillon (I thought I had a full beef one woops)
  • Maybe 2-3 tbsp ish of red wine vinegar (did not measure. it was almost empty also)
  • 1/2 cup or so of water
  • 1 big ass yellow onion cut into quarters
  • 6 massive garlic cloves (If they were normal sized I would have used more like 8-10 but these were all big)
  • Spices I think I used: rosemary, sage, a bunch of black pepper, diamond kosher salt (on the meat to start with)
  • 1 TBSP butter plus a handful of flour (to thicken the cooking liquid later on)
  • I ALMOST FORGOT. I added a packet of lipton onion soup mix because I had an extra one from the 2 pack when I made onion dip and why not

I love recipes like this because it is 100% how the gentleman and I cook/ bake. I have a friend who always exactly measures things out, like to the point of sifting the floor and then measuring it, leveling it off with a knife, etc. She gets okay results, and then got exasperated when I said I sort of eyeball things and throw in random add-ons. But hey, if it turns out delicious, and not being persnickity about being exact makes you more likely to prepare food? Go for! Brilliant idea about waiting to add the veggies by the way... I hated pot roast when I was young 'cause the vegetables were always moosh and nasty. 

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

1 hour ago, Manarelle said:

I love recipes like this because it is 100% how the gentleman and I cook/ bake. I have a friend who always exactly measures things out, like to the point of sifting the floor and then measuring it, leveling it off with a knife, etc. She gets okay results, and then got exasperated when I said I sort of eyeball things and throw in random add-ons. But hey, if it turns out delicious, and not being persnickity about being exact makes you more likely to prepare food? Go for! Brilliant idea about waiting to add the veggies by the way... I hated pot roast when I was young 'cause the vegetables were always moosh and nasty. 

This is definitely my favorite way to cook. I rarely measure things and tend to eyeball and I always add stuff not in a recipe at least a little.

The only thing I am very precise with measuring for is baking bread and stuff because it's more of a precise science thing!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

In other fun news, I burned my right hand pretty good last night so THAT WAS NOT FUN. I usually grab a kitchen towel to carry a bowl of ramen from the kitchen to the living room to go eat, but last night I decided a paper towel in each hand would do it...and then it slipped on one side and boiling ramen poured all over my right hand. It was really painful and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to sleep, but I took like, all the things I could think of to try and knock myself out so I could at least get those first few hours so it would hopefully stop just hurting constantly and SUCCESS. It still hurts today but just to the touch/if I move it around and I should be able to do work and stuff.

Note to self: don't do this again ever. OWWWWWWW. TBF I've never really burned myself other than accidentally touching the edge of a hot pan etc so it was bound to happen someday in my life I guess. I mean, I've gotten a really gnarly sunburn but that's different and didn't hurt quite this bad.) I may need to skip guitar practice today but I think if I use the pick and don't try to strum by hand that I can maybe manage. I'll try!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Current Challenge

Ahhhh! That sounds so unpleasant. Hope it heals up quick. 🙈

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

19 minutes ago, raptron said:

Ahhhh! That sounds so unpleasant. Hope it heals up quick. 🙈

I am glad it feels so much better today. Hopefully it'll be totally healed in a few days! It mostly doesn't even look red anymore today except one little spot on the base of my pinky finger and between pinky and ring finger. I don't see any blisters anywhere so I think I got away with just a really unpleasantly painful first degree burn? From memory I think the blisters may have turned up later on when I managed to get some second degree sunburn climbing Mt. Fuji soooo I guess we'll see if any blisters pop up later and I will keep throwing aloe and arnica on this.

I just washed a dish and discovered hot water does NOT feel good. Showering should be...fun. 😂

• Like 2

Current Challenge

21 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Final verdict is I have definitely slimmed out some especially around my torso, but the LEAST as usual on my belly. So if I look in the mirror facing sideways I look really slim but if I face the mirror there is still floppy belly and it looks like I've lost nothing. DEAR BELLY WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO MEEEEE?! I mean, this is nothing new and has been how it has gone the entire 5 years or whatever since I've been slowly slimming down, but. ARGH.  I know it will get there (and if I am wearing pants you can't really see the fluffiest bit but it's not what I want yet.

Ugh, I feel you on that one. I have the exact same problem… It's so frustrating when you're making progress but mostly in the areas you don't need it. Evidently the belly issue runs in my family but as far as I'm aware I'm the only one right now who cares about it. 😅

• Like 1

-=<| You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. |>=-

Daily Log: Apocalypse Training  ||  Current challenge: Riviera's Ninja Training, Chapter 1

30 minutes ago, Riviera16 said:

Ugh, I feel you on that one. I have the exact same problem… It's so frustrating when you're making progress but mostly in the areas you don't need it. Evidently the belly issue runs in my family but as far as I'm aware I'm the only one right now who cares about it. 😅

Yeah. I mean my closest family are all fat (I don't mean this disparagingly just in a factual that is their body type.) And I can confirm my family definitely carries fat mostly in the belly. They all have big guts but fairly (compared to the belly anyway) toned legs and arms etc. I suppose unsurprisingly the concentrated belly fats carries over to me even if I am much smaller all around, I still carry most of my fat there. Ugh. I think since I've now lost more or less all the fat on like, the sides by my hips and love handles are totally gone it makes the belly pooch extra super obvious. GRRRR.

I can tell if I ever manage to lose enough belly I probably have some pretty sweet abs under there! But given how my family carries fat, visible abs may never really be a thing for me unless I drastically drop lower than I really want to be in body fat %. I will be happy if it gets to be a small enough layer to be flat and not floppy, even if I can never see actual ab definition. I have sweet sweet leg muscle definition and my arms and shoulders are working on being semi cut too soooo, hey genetics are what they are!

• Like 4

Current Challenge

7 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

TBF I've never really burned myself other than accidentally touching the edge of a hot pan etc so it was bound to happen someday in my life I guess

That sucks! Hate kitchen burns — they make everything you do in the kitchen at least a little painful. I’m glad to hear it wasn’t too bad.

I’ve definitely done the hot pan — as recently as a couple weeks ago — but never ramen. 😂

That pot roast looks great! I measure the same way as well, at least when doing stovetop stuff. When it’s not as easy to eyeball, like flour or something, I grab the kitchen scale and go by weight, which I think is usually faster than measuring cups.

2 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

I suppose unsurprisingly the concentrated belly fats carries over to me even if I am much smaller all around, I still carry most of my fat there. Ugh. I think since I've now lost more or less all the fat on like, the sides by my hips and love handles are totally gone it makes the belly pooch extra super obvious. GRRRR.

Samesies, I carry all my stubborn fat in my butt and lower back, and a little pooch right on top of my bottom two abs. It’s annoying, and I know we can get rid of it, it just takes being patient and getting quite lean, like 16-18% for women (probably more like 9% for me).

I don’t think that level of leanness is really sustainable long-term, at least if we value our mental health. But I do sort of have a low-key goal to get that low for a short time and kick those last stubborn bits, just to see what happens. There is an idea that floats around in the bodybuilding community that once we get that lean and kick those stubborn pouches, our fat distribution might “reset” and distribute itself more evenly when we regain weight later, up to a point. I don’t think the idea is based on a lot of hard data — probably just anecdotal evidence from successful bodybuilders — but I’ve always been curious to try it and see if it works.

• Like 1

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

11 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

And I can confirm my family definitely carries fat mostly in the belly.

Word of support as well :D One part of the family is mainly belly/middle/back and real skinny legs and arms. Other side has MAINLY belly after one weight but in the beginning also getting the thighs and bum firm :D

I wonder if those "magic belts" that they advertise on TV will get you from round to firm with vibrations or something are not meant for such problem areas.

I once saw a videos of a fitness influencers getting massages that aim the fluids? Fat? towards the bum? 

I guess it depends. Once upon a time I started massaging my fluffy cheeks and I do think I noticed change (more visible cheek bones) after a while. (When I am stressed my cheeks get even fluffier, I hold water in my face a lot :D )

However that also might have been just the time where my face also started maturing or so. Even when I do not do facial massages it seems my face is better formed than it was 5 years ago (26 now). If it was just the massage the shape of my face should go back to what it was, right?

Maybe when you are Netflixing or something, experiment for a few weeks with belly massages. :D Empirical research! It is also a nice feeling, I massage my belly area when (ahem) I need to help nature along a bit with stuff and things. Then again, if self-massaging is a nice feeling is subjective. I can loosen up my shoulders and enjoy it,  I think most people need someone else to enjoy a massage. And some do not enjoy them at all, I have recently discovered.

Just throwing something a bit different in the brainstorming session :) I know massages and magic belts are not a very useful suggestions relative to nutrition tips etc. haha

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater | 
Battle log

17 hours ago, PaulG said:

I’ve definitely done the hot pan — as recently as a couple weeks ago — but never ramen. 😂

Do NOT recommend. At all. Haha. I would like to avoid ever getting boiling water on my hands again!

17 hours ago, PaulG said:

Samesies, I carry all my stubborn fat in my butt and lower back, and a little pooch right on top of my bottom two abs. It’s annoying, and I know we can get rid of it, it just takes being patient and getting quite lean, like 16-18% for women (probably more like 9% for me).

I don’t think that level of leanness is really sustainable long-term, at least if we value our mental health. But I do sort of have a low-key goal to get that low for a short time and kick those last stubborn bits, just to see what happens. There is an idea that floats around in the bodybuilding community that once we get that lean and kick those stubborn pouches, our fat distribution might “reset” and distribute itself more evenly when we regain weight later, up to a point. I don’t think the idea is based on a lot of hard data — probably just anecdotal evidence from successful bodybuilders — but I’ve always been curious to try it and see if it works.

Yeah. That's my worry is I'd need to get sub 20% body fat to maaaaybe have visible abs and I don't really think getting that lean or staying that lean sounds like a super healthy goal for me. I'd be happy hanging out 20-25% ish (Not that I have any idea what current bodyfat is but anyway. Probably 30% ish?) I wish I could magically reset distribution but I don't have high hopes that that would be possible. If it happened I would not be mad though! Hahahahaha.

8 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Just throwing something a bit different in the brainstorming session :) I know massages and magic belts are not a very useful suggestions relative to nutrition tips etc. haha

Dude I wish these things would work. I just need to be patient and stick with it as I have been but SOOO SLOOOWWWWW. But still making noticeable progress so that's good.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Oh heyyyy I should do challenge updates daily BEFORE I forget. I remember yesterday at least:

Challenge Week 4, Day 4, Wednesday

Goal 1 - CUT - ✔️ - Ish. I ate over 1600 but still under 2000. I am thinking I will switch CUT to just "track calories-2k or lower" or something for the remainder of the challenge since I am done strictly trying to cut since it's been a long enough cut.

Goal 1 Jump rope Daily --  No. It was a choice though. I needed to collect rent from back renter and then we chatted for like an hour (distanced like 10 feet and outside). I like to check in on her and catch up a bit since she lives alone and without other people or pets and it's nice to talk theater and performance and stress about what the hell will happen with the small local theaters and stuff with someone who gets it.

Goal 3- Anti racism homework - -0 of 3 days for the week so far - I don't think so? I don't think I've worked on this since the weekend. I know what I"m doing at lunch today!

Un-challenge related, my mom has wanted some saltwater taffy soooo bad I finally ordered some for her and it got here yesterday. I am really happy with the place we decided to order from. The different flavors really taste like the different flavors they are supposed to. Candy apple, Passion Fruit, and Chili Mango are my favorites so far. (We only got a sample of the chili mango since my mom isn't a big fan of spicy and I was buying it for her mostly.) I got a sampler of a bunch of weird flavors I wanted to try, and can confirm that Pickle flavored taffy is very weird (not bad, but definitely glad I went with the 2 piece sample just to try!) I also got samples in peanut butter and jelly, rum, macadmia, canteloupe,..... apricot?, and I still need to try the ones I got for buttered popcorn, chicken and waffles, and maple bacon. My mom may want to try the latter two but I am pretty sure I"m on my own with buttered popcorn (I LOVE buttered popcorn jelly bellies so I had to try it. No one else I live with likes those. Haha.) Anywho, if you have a hankering at some point for some saltwater taffy I recommend Taffy Land. I got a custom 2lb box where you can pick your 10 different flavors so we could make our own variety.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

6 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Dude I wish these things would work. I just need to be patient and stick with it as I have been but SOOO SLOOOWWWWW. But still making noticeable progress so that's good.

Me too. :D 

(EDIT: I have been rambling way too much lately - as I did in the initial version of this post - but I am trying to dial it back again so I deleted my rambles haha)

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater | 
Battle log

On 7/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, analoggirl said:

Me too. :D 

(EDIT: I have been rambling way too much lately - as I did in the initial version of this post - but I am trying to dial it back again so I deleted my rambles haha)

Don't feel like you have to self edit!  Have you seen my thread? I RAMBLE SOOOO MUCH. ❤️ Please ramble as much as you like!!

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge

Well. I am officially stressed. I woke up to jaw pain this morning so I must have been grinding in my sleep (which I would love to get a replacement for my retainer that will double as a mouthguard but I am not going to be to the dentist anytime soon soooo?)

My uncle who lives in my house started feeling unwell a few days ago and thinks he has COVID. He rents the studio appt from me and my brother so luckily he has space he can isolate in but I am SO WORRIED he managed to get my mom sick before he knew he was sick. Now it's just waiting game time to see... He started isolating on Tuesday or Wednesday when he started feeling unwell but prior to that he watches TV with me and my mom for a few hours most days. STRESSSS. I don't want my mom to get sick. She is 70 and has lots of pre-existing conditions. Not that I don't care about my uncle and that my uncle doesn't also have health shit but like, my mom is one of my best friends soooo yeah. =/ Crossing fingers that if it's covid his case stays mild and extra crossing fingers that he didn't get any of us sick. He's going in for a test today.

• Sad 3

Current Challenge

On 7/16/2020 at 9:35 AM, dancezwithkittehz said:

Yeah. That's my worry is I'd need to get sub 20% body fat to maaaaybe have visible abs and I don't really think getting that lean or staying that lean sounds like a super healthy goal for me.

Yeah, given that almost no one stays that lean unless their job depends on it, I have a feeling it would probably not be an easy thing to sustain. Maybe not particularly healthy mentally, either. I know for sure I would not want to count calories 24/7 while maintaining weight for the rest of my life. I'd rather get to a really good place, let myself relax, and just check back in every once in a while.

Sorry to hear about your uncle! Hopefully everyone remains as okay as they can be. Keep us posted.

• Like 1

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

On 7/14/2020 at 6:09 PM, dancezwithkittehz said:

Anyway, I am going to hold off on buying more bras for now since I'm still trying to slim out and I just kind of assume I may slim down to solidly a 30 band again WHICH WILL SUCK because it means $80+ bras only for me in my size again. JOY.

Welcome back to the expensive bra club. We're so sorry to have you as a member.

How is your hand doing now?

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33