• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Athaclena

Athaclena continues to move..... and this time.... I mean it!

Walking definitely fell by the way side last challenge. Some successes, some fails. So I'm going to continue to work there. Also the sleep thing.... yeah.... not so much LOL. I'm teaching a class on the West Coast for this week (Week 0) so that won't be a goal for the first week. But as usual, I'm going to review week by week and update as needed.

So.... this week the plan is:
1) Get to bed BEFORE midnight (back to 11p once I'm finished with the W. Coast client)
2) Get UP by 9am, get coffee\protein shake made and (weather permitting)  (back to 8am once finished with W. Coast Client)
3) Try to walk at least a bit each day
4) MEAL PLAN - create one - stick to it. This helps keep calories\food choices IN LINE and reduces cost (made for this week - all purchases made - just need to stick with the plan)
5) Do a bit of house cleaning EVERY DAY. 15 - 30 min. The apartment is in good shape - just need to stay on top of it before I look around and it looks like crap. To assist with this, I'll dig out my Flylady stuff. Babysteps and doing a little bit every day is how I roll so it works for me LOL.

• Like 5

Sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck with week 0 and good luck traveling again. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

• Like 1

Wed AM Update

1) Get to bed BEFORE midnight - Actually - I have....
2) Get UP by 9am, get coffee\protein shake made - Made this one too.... barely LOL
3) Try to walk at least a bit each day - Negative ghost rider.... have had to do work stuff before class so haven't managed it, will target to get BACK to that tomorrow (Thursday)
4) MEAL PLAN - Created for the week, Followed Sunday\Monday, had an unexpected guest last night so ordered in - back to it tonight
5) Do a bit of house cleaning EVERY DAY. 15 - 30 min. - Other than keeping the Kitchen clean - not so much. The students are very engaged in class this week which is awesome and exhausting all at the same time. I'll try to get back to this tomorrow (and focus on toilet scrubs first before they get actually bad).

• Like 1

I love the 15-30 min cleaning plan.  When I combine it with "don't leave a room empty-handed/put it away as I'm done with it," it's amazing how far 15 min each day will get you! 

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 9:05 AM, Athaclena said:

Wed AM Update

1) Get to bed BEFORE midnight - Actually - I have....
2) Get UP by 9am, get coffee\protein shake made - Made this one too.... barely LOL
3) Try to walk at least a bit each day - Negative ghost rider.... have had to do work stuff before class so haven't managed it, will target to get BACK to that tomorrow (Thursday)
4) MEAL PLAN - Created for the week, Followed Sunday\Monday, had an unexpected guest last night so ordered in - back to it tonight
5) Do a bit of house cleaning EVERY DAY. 15 - 30 min. - Other than keeping the Kitchen clean - not so much. The students are very engaged in class this week which is awesome and exhausting all at the same time. I'll try to get back to this tomorrow (and focus on toilet scrubs first before they get actually bad).

So how did the rest of the week go?

Thursday was busy and Friday was pretty quiet at work. Had trouble getting to bed by 11 (same tonight - it's JUST after 11 but I'll try to crash after this post - it's better than the 1-2am it's been the last couple of days *sigh*).

This weekend was packed with accomplishments though:

• 2nd Cube "wall" put together - we now have a loading\unloading zone for "stuff" near the front door
  • Scrubbed both bathrooms
  • Cleaned off\cleaned Dining Room table and removed\stored leaf
  • Cleaned off\scrubbed kitchen counters
  • Vacuumed the apartment
  • Took out trash
  • Meal plan for the week made
  • Decided that I didn't really need to go out for anything this week - I have all of the items I need on the meal plan. HUZZAH!

So now to execute operation "getting my circadian rythm reset" - again.....

Tomorrow I need to make some personal appointments and schedule the moving truck for next weekend (we have some folks helping us move the rest of the LAST storage unit into the Warehouse\Office space). And probably do some laundry since I definitely did NOT get to that today....

• Like 1

I managed to crash last night about 11. I'm actually "on call" tonight until 11 - so unless I get called in the next 20 min - I plan to crash at 11 (and hope they don't call afterward).

I didn't bother getting up and walking this morning due to rain. Looks like more of the same tomorrow.

I've done laundry it FEELS like non-stop (between meetings) the last 2 days - and folded put everything away. The kitchen is actually spotless and everything is picked up. Just need to put together the TV shelf\stand.

Hubby ended up crashing another night in Atlanta with friends after loading more stuff up from the Atlanta house - so I just ordered in. I kept it reasonable (price and calories).

On to tomorrow!

• Like 1

Aaaand with 8 minutes to go - I get a call. So helping troubleshoot what's wrong with a client moving servers for software that is - hold on to your hats - *7 years old*. It's been completely re-written since then and I barely remember the crazy crap to get stuff configured that we haven't included in the product since then. Good thing I NEVER delete anything....

• Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1

Well, I hope tonight is calmer and quieter. I totally get the IT "Oh let me put my life on hold" thing. It stinks that it was a last minute "I broke it" but at least you were able to help adn it wasn't a coworker calling going "Uh, so I have no idea what to do". Those are almost worse because of the fact you weren't expecting the call.

Hope you get some rest and that the stuff comes back from Atlanta in the best way possible/.

• Like 1

I was on with the client until 2am and had to pull a LOT of knowledge out the old memory banks - but we got it covered. I'm actually glad (in a way) I was on call because this is stuff that PREDATES the other on call consultant. But over and done with....

Got pulled into a very political project that is going to require lots of hand holding and huge documentation changes *ugh*. But hey - I'm employed and it's why I get paid the big bucks.

Haven't managed to walk this week - but I'll make that top priority next week. This weekend we're setup to move stuff out of the last storage unit - so between that and cancelling some monthly stuff at the house in Atlanta - that's $450 per month back. Until we turn on internet at the new office *sigh*. But hey.... it's something.....

• Like 2

On call again last night and was called in at 9pm this time. It was an easy fix though and was done by 9:30.

Was up a bit helping hubby with some stuff (he's having eye issues - getting old sucks) - but made it to bed by 11p. HUZZAH!

• Like 1

Yikes on the late night call. I am glad your call last night was easier.

Yay for jobs in general.

Hopefully tonight is work free and you can get some rest.

Friday ended well. Friend drove up from Atlanta and stayed the night - because Saturday we (and a couple of other friends) moved the contents of the last storage unit to the Warehouse\Office.

Woke up with a migraine. Managed to get some food so I could take meds. Called the storage place to close out that account (HUZZAH). It's raining\storming - which kind of explains the migraine. So I'm taking it easy today and hope I have enough energy a bit later to go get groceries. I may have a break in my meeting scheduled to pull of a grocery excursion tomorrow if it comes down to it though....

I just feel like BLARGH this morning (well, afternoon now)....

Aaand.... since I had a migraine - we had decided to return the truck Monday AM - friend calls up in a panic Sunday night that his HD crashed and he can't retrieve stuff he's working on for a project (work - he owns his own company). So since my migraine was mostly gone (although I was literally ABOUT to turn in at 10pm) - struck out at 10:30 PM to go get the truck from our office, drop it off at Truck Rental, hubby dropped me off and he headed to Athens, GA (3.5 - 4 hour drive). So I got to bed about midnight - but of course then I was WIDE AWAKE. Insomnia ensues. Just.... ugh.... Hubby made it ok at least.

Since there's been a RASH of thefts of Enterprise Trucks - they don't have a drop box so we could ONLY drop off the truck - so I had to go take them the keys (and I had a nice meeting break to do that). While I woke up with a headache, it abated quickly so I could execute that. So much fun driving the 21' long, 8' 3" wide dually. NOT. At least traffic isn't NEARLY what it is in Atlanta so I didn't have trouble navigating the couple of small streets needed to get to\from the Truck Rental place.....

Anyhoo.... Late to bed, late to get up but I cleaned out the fridge (which was sorely needed) - so HUZZAH!

Going to spend this afternoon looking at some financing stuff to see if I can take advantage of some re-org of our CC debt. So lots of FINE PRINT to read. Mainly to make sure they're actual FEE Simple so no pre-payment penalties so if I pay twice the minimum payment it's not just "prepaying" the finance charges - although at 3.5% do I REALLY care? Anyway - off to math....

OK.... so let's see....

My company takes 2 days for the 4th - so Thursday drove down to the Atlanta house and spent 1/2 Thursday, Friday, 1/2 Saturday cleaning and sorting then drove back (and unloaded what we'd brought back).

Sunday - made a pancake breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, Walmart run, unload and put away the groceries, worked on Partnership Agreement (side gig with hubby & friend), made dinner. Didn't clean up afterward - I was too tired LOL. Got to bed by 11.

Up today by 8:30. Cleaned kitchen while making coffee for my morning shake and have been in meetings PRETTY MUCH since 9:30 this morning. They start back up in about an hour (2:30) which hopefully gives me enough time to put together a design doc that needs to be done before I logoff tonight. Looking at Tuesday\Wed - nonstop meetings. I expect Thursday to look that way about mid-day tomorrow. Company declared Friday an Internal, Global holiday. And I plan to NOT log into work and do as little as humanly possible around the house. I need a day off....

On 7/6/2020 at 1:14 PM, Athaclena said:

do as little as humanly possible around the house

This is real goal!  I support it with every fiber of my being and expect nothing less than stunning success :)

• Like 1

Friday.... I did laundry and played Diablo III. HUZZAH!

Saturday - drove down to GA - Hair touched up\cut (fully masked throughout which is fun - but beats 3" roots and a shaggy mess) - swung by the house to p\u a couple of things and headed back.

We got some work done on the Expedition last week (that we bought from a friend in March). Still have to do the brakes - EBC apparently has the wrong part # in their system because what showed up from BOTH Amazon and Summit were for an ACURA. So hubby gets to call UK Monday to find out WTAF. We were waiting on parts to do the brakes and hubby hadn't noticed that the label on the box CLEARLY stated it wasn't for our vehicle so now it's too late to send the pads back to Amazon *sigh* - but the Summit set are headed back to Summit. Rear Rotors were sent back - because only ONE was in the box - and it appeared factory sealed which ALSO clearly states Left AND Right rotors are supposed to be in the box. Both front rotors were in the box *sigh*. Again - WTF EBC - replacement ordered from Amazon - but they'll be at least 2 weeks - they're in stock - but COVID.

But other stuff was fixed (2 new glow plugs, new wiring harness - previous owner was GIPPED on what he installed 2 years ago) so check engine light should be off and STAY off and we've identified the last niggling steering issue which we'll take care of once we have everything we need to do the brakes since we've already replaced the wheels\tires (seriously - the ride quality improved immediately - I don't know WHAT our friend was thinking with those wheels\tires - but we can sell them at least LOL). I mean - it does have 300k miles and it needed a bit of suspension work - but we should be able to get another 300K out of it with proper maintenance. And we're super happy with the work our friend did and are happy to keep giving him the work :) Next up is some work on the Ram 3500. Yes - hubby is REALLY into big vehicles and Diesels. We also have a neglected 99 Jeep XJ and 97 Ford F250 (yet another diesel) - but they're gonna need to wait a bit before I have the $$ to get them fully back on the road.....

Today I'm psyching myself up to do the taxes. Ugh. I really should have done them earlier - but Covid + moving + working like crazy has not been conducive. I know it'll only take me a few hours - I just don't want to do it.... Also - storms today so this 48 year old body is reminding me that I've abused it most of those 48 years. Double ugh.

Maybe next week I can get back to walking and eating right. My work schedule was crazy last week which is why I bailed on both. But we really could use the $$ saved by NOT ordering in....

• Like 1

Taxes round 1 complete (that's be the taxes for our LLC Partnership). EFiled to Federal and State and accepted. Round 2 (personal taxes) commences tonight. I hope I can get those efiles to go through because I don't have a printer at the moment.....

Also managed to make a decent dinner - including veggies. HUZZAH!

Slept like crap - but drug myself out of bed to update one of the work documents that was due last week. It's out the door. One more to go plus a couple of meetings today.....

If I can manage getting up by 8:15 tomorrow - I'll try to start getting walks in again.....

• Like 1

Taxes round 2 completed and finalized last night. And paid. Ouch is all I'm sayin'.

As if I needed MORE incentive to stop aborting to Door Dash..... but at the moment we really need to stop paying someone else to make\bring us food because all of the progress in paying down CC's just out out the window. UGH! The plan was to have sold the house around tax time to have the cash to pay the taxes I knew would be due - but ..... life just doesn't work that way for me.....

OK.... time to put on my big girl pants and deal....

Managed to make it the rest of the week w\o eating out (well, ordering in).

Did a quick house clean on Friday (vacuumed, wiped down tubs, etc). Have kept the kitchen relatively clean and kept hot spots clear. HUZZAH!

Saturday hit up Walmart for a couple of things, Aldi's for the bulk, and Food City for some local veggies (and hubby's sweet potatoes that aren't tiny). So we're "supplied" for the week.

Since I have everything I need to cook - and we're making a CONCERTED effort to no eat out - like we're ordering in because I'm too sick to cook or something - next week I'm focusing on dragging my butt out of bed early enough to walk.

Now if I can just get this migraine down to a "dull roar" we can head up to the office and spend some time organizing what's there so we have room to plan the next big load from the Atlanta house.

My Atlanta house plan currently is - once we get enough out and I can get it surface cleaned inside - I'm throwing it up on Zillow FSBO and planning a few Saturday afternoon Open Houses to see if anyone bites. If no one does after the first month - then I'll try the investor route. It's the "worst" house in a good neighborhood - needs work - but you can get into it AND fix it up exactly how you want for what it would "cost" fully re-done. And even putting that $$ into it - it's still a lot less (like HALF) what getting into one of the new neighborhoods going in would cost. We're in one of the top school districts in the state.....

• Like 1