• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

11 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

So many things going on, I do hope things get better over time. Will see yah when you come back!

Thanks.

---------------------------------------

I was hoping things would calm down, but in fact it feels busier. The boys have just decided that they would rather do presentations instead of lapbooks (projects where informational pieces are stuck on to another cardboard, can flip, flap, have pictures, etc.). I taught them the basics of Libre Office presentation programme, and they ran with it. They are also starting to do lots more writing (typing) in the writer programme. We've also started on a biography, step-by-step planning, working up to writing the paragraphs, etc. and they again flew with it! I was actually shocked. And of course being my boys they chose to write about Stalin and Hitler respectively (they don't do things the normal way/choose the normal topics). They were much more willing (actually eager) to look up information, copy/paste, or rewrite/retype short pieces. I am impressed with how much they already know about using the computer, short cuts, etc. Brandt helped with some terms and other ideas/short cuts. So this all lead to more time schooling, and less time for myself this past week.

I also need to go to bed earlier (around 21h00 pm) because 21h30 is too late. I can't get up at 4h30 constantly through the week. By Thursday and Friday I'm tired when I have to get up. But luckily I managed to complete my 4th module well.

Electricity is still up and down, but now I have a UPS too, so our computers are all safe enough. South Africa is still SA, nothing is improving there. The headlines are just getting worse. I had another book to proof read, but this time more to give an advance review than to actually correct things. I'm still busy with that. Have to finish by tonight. Then fencing will also start again next week (if we can manage to get everything organised). Greta (coach) needed parents to help her before every small group class with covid compliance procedures (write down names, spritz hands, take temperatures) while she hands out separate equipment for all, which they won't be sharing. It seems I'm the only parent willing to help. Now I have to do an online (Zoom) hour certificate course sometime this weekend. At least I'll have another certificate which supposedly means something.

I'm ordering fish take-aways as I'm not going to cook tonight. I'm tired. Otherwise things were a little rough yesterday when we had a... slight disagreement on some faith issues/facts. Young earth, old earth, could the Flood have caused mountains to rise, to sink, fountains to spring forth, retreat, was it global or local... And where does evolution fit into the whole picture? The point I tried to make was that there are millions of people out there and a lot of them aren't too worried about what the facts are, others are very serious about their opinions, but you will be confronted with different opinions. You will as a person, have to decide on these things yourself and make your choices. Brandt didn't quite agree. He had his opinion, and of course his is the right opinion on the matter. ??? I just said to the boys, "example as I said... people have different opinions, whether they look from a scientific point, a faith-based (or no-faith) view. We all have to decide for ourselves. I want to tell you what is out there, and dad and I can share our opinions and supporting reasons, but ultimately one day you will have to choose for yourself." We were ok again a couple hours later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Otherwise things were a little rough yesterday when we had a... slight disagreement on some faith issues/facts. Young earth, old earth, could the Flood have caused mountains to rise, to sink, fountains to spring forth, retreat, was it global or local... And where does evolution fit into the whole picture? The point I tried to make was that there are millions of people out there and a lot of them aren't too worried about what the facts are, others are very serious about their opinions, but you will be confronted with different opinions. You will as a person, have to decide on these things yourself and make your choices. Brandt didn't quite agree. He had his opinion, and of course his is the right opinion on the matter. ??? I just said to the boys, "example as I said... people have different opinions, whether they look from a scientific point, a faith-based (or no-faith) view. We all have to decide for ourselves. I want to tell you what is out there, and dad and I can share our opinions and supporting reasons, but ultimately one day you will have to choose for yourself." We were ok again a couple hours later.

FWIW a LOT of people get sensitive about that one for some reason.

• Thanks 1