• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terinatum

Terinatum finds solid ground

Second challenge in four years. Last challenge, I did fairly well, but stopped posting here. So that needs to stay consistent throughout the challenge this time.

I lost the ability to run about four years ago (hence my break) and I has taken this long to be okay with it and look for another activity that brings me joy and health. I'm hoping it will be swimming and easy hiking. ATM I am quite de-conditioned so it will take some time for the hiking, but I want to find a swimming hole this summer and go more than twice!

My mental health has been reaching a new level of good. I can do more with my day and I rebound from stress easier if not too much faster. So I'm working on reacquainting myself with Time. What do I truly need for downtime to re-energize and start another action IRL? It's an ongoing question and will take some hardcore patience on my part.

GOALS

Self Care – Spa Days -- facials, foot care, nails, teeth, muscle massages, acupressure, moisturize parts/dry parts, and make cucumber, tomato, and                                                            butterhead lettuce sandwiches. (Partial habit already)

Read Daily – relax! Getting to know the flow of time. (Need new habit)

Exercise – Walk -- everyday, increase distance each week. (Already a habit)

Counter push ups -- some each day (Need new habit)

Core and Lower Back exercises -- some each day (Need new habit)

Environs – Unclutter -- Everything needs a place in my home. Desk first week, drawing table next week, kitchen third week, and bathroom last week. (Need                                                new habit)

Week Zero, here we go!

Cheers

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.MM_STOXhMvnE8XlQe7gNKAHaE8%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Trail head to Camel's Hump. My favorite mountain.

Camel's Hump Archives - LorenPhotos.com

Camel's Hump. Nuf said.

Elmore State Park - 4 Photos - Lake Elmore, VT - RoverPass

Lake Elmore. One of my favorite swimming places.

• Like 7

On 6/15/2020 at 6:06 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome to the Ranger Corps!

Thanks. Glad to be making the rounds.

On 6/15/2020 at 6:49 PM, Elastigirl said:

Welcome. That looks like a pretty place to hike!

Yeah, it's fabulous. And the final stretch is rocky incline only! Steals your breath, gives it back, and then the view takes it again!

23 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Following along as you find your new habits

Thank you. New habits is where I'm at.

20 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

good plan, @terinatum! Ill be your sidekick!  

giphy.gif

You are my kitty-cheer! Thanks F.

15 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

That looks like an incredible place to hike. And an amazing place to swim!

I am ever thankful to live in Vermont (US). Nature is right there next to you.

• Like 3

GOALS

Tuesday, the 16th Week Zero

Self Care – Spa Day? Nope, not today.

Read Daily? Nope, trying to get a dungeon ready for tomorrow afternoon's game.

Exercise – Walk? Yup, just got back.

Counter push ups? Yup, 10 of them

Core and Lower Back exercises? Yup, 5 lower ab crunch, 5 lower and mid ab crunch, 5 full crunches, 5 bridges, 5 half supermans. Each of these are done while taking 2 deep breaths into my diaphragm before releasing. I need to be able to contract the right muscles and breathe well while doing them. I'm a notorious breath-holder!

Environs – Unclutter? Nope.

Cheers!

• Like 3

extra_large_b22f07b1a4bd23b7accdb611c11a7ce4.jpg

Hubbard Park. Our park that sits on a hill right behind the Capitol State House. This is the back side where you get a real workout! I use to run-hike these areas. Now, I'm looking to get strong enough to hike them again.

• Like 6

Id love to have such a view near me. Awesome! 

Will do some research about the exersises you described and see when its safe to do them too! right now just breathing and walking... ;)

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 1:55 AM, Terinatum said:

I am ever thankful to live in Vermont (US). Nature is right there next to you.

It really does look incredible, and now Vermont is on my list of places to visit (at a point in the distant future where travelling long distances for fun is a thing that is allowed again...). Hubbard Park looks very much like somewhere I need to be!

• Like 1

GOALS

Friday, the 19th Week Zero

Self Care – Spa Day? Wed - Yes, Thurs - Yes, Today (Friday) - a bit

Read Daily? Yup - all 3 days (a nice change)

Exercise – Walk? Wed and Thurs - no, Today - yes

Counter push ups? No, this is my rebellion stage.

Core and Lower Back exercises? Nope. See above!

Environs – Unclutter? Wed - no Thurs - Yes (my desk, dishes, laundry, and the toilet), Today - no (dog sat for family)

Yeah, so. When I start a new habit, I go thru a rebellion stage. It was helped this time by the awful humidity that has socked us in. I did today b/c I had an acupuncture appt and the dog-sitting gig. But returning home, I didn't do my exercises. My excuse was that I carrying too much in my pack which was true but I had plenty of time to rest and then do it. But No. I'm not judging myself too hard as I have in the past so that in itself is a victory. I want to get walking in the evening after the heat settles a bit, but pay less attention to the humidity which will be around until Fall. Gotta get sweaty (I do this extremely well) and exercise and shower. It has to be the routine I use or it won't gain any momentum as a habit. I can't keep changing it or modifying it. I know what needs to happen and I want to walk past the hurdles I have in place until the motion of the new path dislodges the hurdles and lets them fall naturally. New habits, not breaking old ones. We'll see.

Cheers!

• Like 3

On 6/16/2020 at 9:24 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That really is the Green Mountain State.

Yuppers. It's fabulous. Then the colors come. And then the frosty branches of winter are so beautiful in the morning sun.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:30 PM, WhiteGhost said:

That's fantastic!  

Amazing isn't it? I can't get enough of it.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:55 PM, Salinger said:

WOW what a place!!! amazing views :D xx

On 6/17/2020 at 3:00 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

Id love to have such a view near me. Awesome! 

Will do some research about the exersises you described and see when its safe to do them too! right now just breathing and walking... ;)

I wish you did. It's comforting to find all the different shades of green when you need to take your mind off something.
Here's the pelvic tilt. Enjoy my favorite little guy in the Muscle in Motion vids.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:30 AM, iatetheyeti said:

It really does look incredible, and now Vermont is on my list of places to visit (at a point in the distant future where travelling long distances for fun is a thing that is allowed again...). Hubbard Park looks very much like somewhere I need to be!

Absolutely. When you do come this way, I'll take on a  tour of all the swimming holes and hiking trails.

On 6/18/2020 at 10:37 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

giphy.gif

I'm good!
Very Good GIF

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Terinatum said:

GOALS

Friday, the 19th Week Zero

Self Care – Spa Day? Wed - Yes, Thurs - Yes, Today (Friday) - a bit

Read Daily? Yup - all 3 days (a nice change)

Exercise – Walk? Wed and Thurs - no, Today - yes

Counter push ups? No, this is my rebellion stage.

Core and Lower Back exercises? Nope. See above!

Environs – Unclutter? Wed - no Thurs - Yes (my desk, dishes, laundry, and the toilet), Today - no (dog sat for family)

Yeah, so. When I start a new habit, I go thru a rebellion stage. It was helped this time by the awful humidity that has socked us in. I did today b/c I had an acupuncture appt and the dog-sitting gig. But returning home, I didn't do my exercises. My excuse was that I carrying too much in my pack which was true but I had plenty of time to rest and then do it. But No. I'm not judging myself too hard as I have in the past so that in itself is a victory. I want to get walking in the evening after the heat settles a bit, but pay less attention to the humidity which will be around until Fall. Gotta get sweaty (I do this extremely well) and exercise and shower. It has to be the routine I use or it won't gain any momentum as a habit. I can't keep changing it or modifying it. I know what needs to happen and I want to walk past the hurdles I have in place until the motion of the new path dislodges the hurdles and lets them fall naturally. New habits, not breaking old ones. We'll see.

Cheers!

well done! I hear you on the heat! when I was living in Berlin I would live at night and sleep during the day just to breathe normal. keep taking good care of yourself!!! ❤️

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terinatum said:

Absolutely. When you do come this way, I'll take on a  tour of all the swimming holes and hiking trails.

Now that makes me very happy :D 

• Haha 1

GOALS

Mon, the 22nd Week One

Self Care – Spa Day? Fri - yes (nails); Sat - no, Sun - yes (face and neck), Mon - no

Read Daily? Fri thru Mon Yuppers. Reading the series, The Necromancer's Chronicles, by Amanda Downum.

NEW GOAL Water Intake - Fri - Low, Sat - Decent, Sun - Very Low, Mon - Low

Exercise – Walk? Fri thru Sun - no, Mon - yes. See below

Counter push ups? No to all days

Core and Lower Back exercises? Nope, none.

Environs – Unclutter? Fri & Sat - no, Sun - yes (desk), Mon - no. 

So... here's where I stand so far. 

Humidity and Teri - awful mix, but there needs to be a compromise. I got my pedal exercise back from a friend so I  can at least do something indoors when the humidity is too much. I am going to put my walking outside to 4 days per week and see how that feels. My difficulties stack when humidity is involved: sweat, heart rate takes longer to slow than normal, trouble with showers, and overwhelmed by the seemingly long list of things I have to do just to take a walk. I know this is a comfort thing in regards to my old ways of treating myself and I'm trying to find a work-around that doesn't force the issue directly. I want to avoid a full-on refusal to exercise.

The goal I want to include is water intake. I want to be more cognizant of when and how much I drink. More is usually always better. hehe

My exercise goal will need to be revamped but I'm taking some time with my new walking/indoor cycling change before settling on something new.

Overall, I'm pretty okay. Sleep has been weird a few times, but not alarmingly so.

My gaming is going well, although building dungeons is an odd thing for me.

Have to soak 1,100 dollars into my car for a new catalytic converter and B pipe. Yuk!

Working on finding swimming holes that I can reach easily (short distance - not Lake Elmore) so the odds of me going swimming will increase. 

All this doing good things for myself is strange and new. Mostly the building of consistency around it. Focusing on not demanding perfection or a complete new habit by the end of the challenge.

P.S. Anyone else have troubles with the word, Productive? I find it puts me on the defense and I often won't even bother doing intricate/time-laden things; even stuff I love like map-making. Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks for hanging out,

Cheers!

• Like 4

Groundhogs%2Bcommons.wikimedia.org.JPG

My woodchuck finally let the babies come up onto the grass from the river bank. I saw one running across the cement damn wall this weekend (water wasn't this high so the wall was dry).
things-to-do-in-montpelier-vt-winooski-river-780x529.jpg

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Terinatum said:

P.S. Anyone else have troubles with the word, Productive? I find it puts me on the defense and I often won't even bother doing intricate/time-laden things; even stuff I love like map-making. Thoughts? Ideas?

Yes, I struggle with that too. It sort of feels like maybe I have to prove something, and I think I don't want to, and that ends that.  Not sure exactly on the answer. It has helped me to think at the beginning of the week and each day to think of a few things that I can do to win the day. Keeping it to a few things and referring to is as winning seem to help my mind set.

Those woodchucks are adorable!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1