• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terinatum

Terinatum finds solid ground

Hi Terinatum, good to see you are well and making progress! ❤️

The term productive makes me cringe too. For me it has been an addiction to put as much productive shit into my day as possible. Didn't make me happy at all. Since reducing my work time I feel much happier and my day is not so packed anymore. Check out Gretchen Rubins personality types if you feel like it.... I could bet you fall into the rebel category. Unlike us obligers ( me ) rebels need to go about differently if they want to set goals.. I find it great to know how my brain works so I can work around obstacles better.. 

HUG!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Terinatum said:

Humidity and Teri - awful mix, but there needs to be a compromise.

Yep, humidity and Yeti is also an awful mix, so I know how that feels! When it gets bad I do try to do the compromising thing too, and drink as much water as I can.

4 hours ago, Terinatum said:

P.S. Anyone else have troubles with the word, Productive? I find it puts me on the defense and I often won't even bother doing intricate/time-laden things; even stuff I love like map-making. Thoughts? Ideas?

Yep. Not so much the word, but more the culture that surrounds the word, and right now when I hear the word, that's what I think of of. There's far, far too much emphasis put on being productive, either in a way that will benefit other people or in the implication that if you're not being productive in a way approved of by the masses then you're not doing anything, and not doing anything is an awful, awful thing.

Which is rubbish.

Personally I'm trying to unlearn what I've been taught about being productive and trying to distance myself from what the majority sees as being productive. It's not easy, I get a lot of irrational guilt for it, and sometimes I do get the defensive reaction that means I just won't do something I enjoy. I guess really I'm just trying to teach myself to do what I want when I want regardless of how others might classify my activity.

Also those woodchucks are ridiculously cute!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2020 at 11:08 PM, Elastigirl said:

Yes, I struggle with that too. It sort of feels like maybe I have to prove something, and I think I don't want to, and that ends that.  Not sure exactly on the answer. It has helped me to think at the beginning of the week and each day to think of a few things that I can do to win the day. Keeping it to a few things and referring to is as winning seem to help my mind set.

Those woodchucks are adorable!

Thanks.

Yes. I feel like I am suppose to surpass everyone else in the quality and quantity of my 'valuable' work. Maps of course aren't valued - at least in my twisted mind - so enjoying them is great, but finishing them seems like a waste. I would REALLY like to change that mind-set.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:19 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

Hi Terinatum, good to see you are well and making progress! ❤️

The term productive makes me cringe too. For me it has been an addiction to put as much productive shit into my day as possible. Didn't make me happy at all. Since reducing my work time I feel much happier and my day is not so packed anymore. Check out Gretchen Rubins personality types if you feel like it.... I could bet you fall into the rebel category. Unlike us obligers ( me ) rebels need to go about differently if they want to set goals.. I find it great to know how my brain works so I can work around obstacles better.. 

HUG!

Thanks.

I will definitely look into that, thanks. You remind me of my ex. She would put 15 things on her plate in one weekend and be frustrated that only 2 things got done. It's a running gag between us these days as she's gotten more cognizant and better at shortening the list.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:51 AM, iatetheyeti said:

Which is rubbish.

Personally I'm trying to unlearn what I've been taught about being productive and trying to distance myself from what the majority sees as being productive. It's not easy, I get a lot of irrational guilt for it, and sometimes I do get the defensive reaction that means I just won't do something I enjoy. I guess really I'm just trying to teach myself to do what I want when I want regardless of how others might classify my activity.

Also those woodchucks are ridiculously cute!

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm feeling like you. Can the dynamic of meaning and action. I often find using a different word can help some. I got rid of the word 'should' and try hard to reword it if it comes up unconsciously.

Right? hehehe they are so awesome.

Thanks for Sharing!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Terinatum said:

Maps of course aren't valued - at least in my twisted mind - so enjoying them is great, but finishing them seems like a waste.

Maps are always what I appreciated the most in my games.  I am very visual so having that map to refer to really helps me to get immersed in the environment.

• Like 1

So update for Week One

Tough start even though I didn't feel a lot of internal pressure which is a great thing. Now I just need to find reasons to move more!

My walking petered out and is down to walks to a store or two.

Water has been alright, but still drinking the occasional Canada Dry ginger ale. Too much sugar at once. Though certainly not addicted to it like Dr Pepper.

Reading is good and still relaxing. yay.

Spa days are going well. Nails, Hair (shaved!), and facial.

Unclutter has been hit or miss. It's gotten messy again as I now look around.

Exercises disappeared with the walks. I think I need to separate them so I have a chance of doing at least one instead of both in one basket.

This week:

1.    Water: 8 cups per day.

2.    Walk: 3 days this week (exercise type, not strolling [although I can do those as well if the feeling takes me!])

3.    Read or Map-making: 3 reads and 1 map-making session at the least.

4.    Exercises: Core, Back, Shoulders, Chest. The same ones as earlier, but going for 3 days this week.

Gonna drop off the de-clutter. I seem to ebb and flow with it so that seems fine. If I find stuff actually getting dirty I'll jump all over that. Luckily I hate dirty when it doesn't involve me doing something fun  to earn it!

So overall, I feel pretty good!

I wake up in a good mood and even if I had a nightmare, I can usually turn it around in a few minutes. So my daily outlook is a whole lot better than it's ever been. Freakin' yay for that!

'Onto Week Two'

... "Teri."

'Yeah?'

... "It's already started."

'Ah, right. Well move along then!'

Cheers All.

• Like 4

15 Of New England's Most Picturesque Towns | HuffPost

Love my town. 

Things to Do in Montpelier, VT | Montpelier vermont ...

My bookstore of choice, Bear Pond Books

Main street Montpelier.

And yes, those floor boards squeak like hell.

• Like 4

On 6/29/2020 at 1:11 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

OMG the bookstore!!!!! droooooooool!!!!! :)

Have a good week!!!! ❤️

Thanks Sweetie. It went pretty well, actually.

On 6/29/2020 at 11:50 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Gorgeous! 

Right? So thankful for it.

On 6/30/2020 at 1:47 PM, iatetheyeti said:

Your town looks amazing, the forest and the hills are right there. That's exactly what you want! Also, that bookstore... I've got bookstore withdrawal, I think!

Yeah, that forest and hills is our Hubbard Park. Trails for walkers, dogs, bikers, and hikers! They even have event shelters and fire pits. I had my Hand-Fasting there!

On 6/30/2020 at 9:39 PM, Elastigirl said:

Your town is lovely. Great job on week 1!

Thanks. I've been here over 20 years and still loving it.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 11:58 AM, Terinatum said:

This week:

1.    Water: 8 cups per day.

2.    Walk: 3 days this week (exercise type, not strolling [although I can do those as well if the feeling takes me!])

3.    Read or Map-making: 3 reads and 1 map-making session at the least.

4.    Exercises: Core, Back, Shoulders, Chest. The same ones as earlier, but going for 3 days this week.

Okay, lets see.

Mmm...

Water: good. Probably not 8 cups everyday, but definitely on  my mind and refilling my 3 cup mug often.

Walk: yeah, no! Rebellion is well established so need to find a work-around. I new summer would be hard as I hate humidity but I still need something regular.

Read/Maps: Yes. Reading mostly, but I have been putting down the basic outlines for a continent on my world. I have 1 game running there and will have a second one shortly.

Exercises: No. Ugh!

Swimming! Yes!!!! First one of the summer. I went Wednesday and had a great time Social-Distancing with a friend in the lake!

Mood is really good even with the lack of some follow-thru. I'm feeling a bit like @WhiteGhost with the Do What I Want. I feel like it's doable now. I had a chocolate shake on my friend's birthday last week and I'm not knocking down the candy aisle trying to stuff my face! 

Kermit the Frog YAY! on Make a GIF

Onto the weekend. Take good care everyone!

Cheers.

• Like 3

Maple Syrup in Vermont is Some of the Best in the World

Vermont maple syrup. Tasty reason for consuming cinnamon on my waffles and french toast. I had waffles yesterday and remembered how much I miss the flavors.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.3RQ1ut1r4kw06j8KbzM0jwHaE9%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Imagine me way down at the end swimming and relaxing.

• Like 2