• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KB Girl

KB Girl's all or something

Hi! I'm KB Girl, mom of two (3,5 years and 12 weeks), dietician, small gym owner, aspiring athlete and wannabe world-class kettlebell sport coach ;)

This past weekend the kettlebell world championships would have been held in Spain. There were quite a lot of feels among my group of athletes. We've been talking goals for 2021. With some luck I can also participate, I've got exactly a year. But unfortunately I derailed my rebuilding plan a bit on Saturday, I think I tore my glute muscle.. so this challenge will be challenging - I need to keep going and I need to double down on managing the sad, because that's harder when you can't do deadlifts. 

Goal 1; move everyday

- everything counts, all or something :) 

- for bonus points try to join a body control class 

Goal 2; co-ordinate

It was nice to sit together and plan our days and we had better days when we did it, so repeating this goal to hopefully be more consistent with it. I was almost ready to abandon this idea, but Jaap just mentioned he liked it too, so it's definitely worth trying again. 

Goal 3; enjoy the small things

I'll write something nice about each day. And I'll revive my bujo collection with hilarious/cute things Emma says. And I'll try to eat something from the garden everyday. Maybe do some fun artsy stuff in my bujo too. It'll be like "see, sad-feels, life is really pretty darn good, so you can go ahead and feel sad but just remember this yea?". 

Bonus goal; flirt with calorie counting

Maybe I will, maybe I won't! The weight loss has been going very very slowly, which is expected because I'm basically eating anything I want.. but it's not a bad idea to slowly transition back to having some sort of portion control and rough calorie counting always works best for me. 

• Like 11

Sorry about your injury. I hope it'll get better soon.

59 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I'll revive my bujo collection with hilarious/cute things Emma says.

That sounds awesome.

I'm sorry that the Spain kettlebell showdown was cancelled, that's disappointing. Does your injury hurt less today?

I hope you share some of the hilarious Emma-isms. The things kids say are alternatively remarkably funny and remarkably insightful.

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I'll write something nice about each day. And I'll revive my bujo collection with hilarious/cute things Emma says. And I'll try to eat something from the garden everyday. Maybe do some fun artsy stuff in my bujo too. It'll be like "see, sad-feels, life is really pretty darn good, so you can go ahead and feel sad but just remember this yea?". 

One of the things I'm trying really hard to focus on this year is seeing the silver linings that are everywhere. 

Also, following along. Of course. :) 

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Following along for all the small enjoyments and all the somethings :)  

awesome! :)

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh no, not the butt! Fingers crossed it heals quickly. I love the small enjoyments goal. 😍

Thanks! I know from experience they’ll make me feel better.. and at the very least I’ll love rereading them in the future. 

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along for support and all the joke opportunities a gluteal injury provides. E.g. I'm sorry you're all butthurt right now.

You probably don’t even realise how helpful being the butt of your jokes is right now 😁

8 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Oh no! I'm sorry about your glute. That sounds painful. I hope you feel better soon. 

Thanks! It’s quite painful indeed, and so impossible to avoid in daily life.. 

8 hours ago, zenLara said:

Sorry about your injury. I hope it'll get better soon.

That sounds awesome.

it really is! My only regret is not starting the collections sooner, I didn’t start until she was 2 years old. 

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

I'm sorry that the Spain kettlebell showdown was cancelled, that's disappointing. Does your injury hurt less today?

Its been an interesting experience training athletes who don’t know when they’ll be able to compete again, definitely a mind fuck. 
a little bit less maybe? Hard to tell. 

7 hours ago, sylph said:

I hope you share some of the hilarious Emma-isms. The things kids say are alternatively remarkably funny and remarkably insightful.

Will do! :) 

5 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Oh no! Hope the glute injury is not a tear, and just a minor setback. 🤞

at this point I’m pretty sure it’s a tear, now I’m just hoping it’s only a first degree one. 

4 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

One of the things I'm trying really hard to focus on this year is seeing the silver linings that are everywhere. 

Also, following along. Of course. :) 

wouldn’t be the same without you :)

1 hour ago, Chris Tarly said:

Following for enjoying the small things.

We are bujo buddies now ;)

• Like 6

Tuesday morning was hard, I had really been enjoying participating as much as possible in the strength classes and now I couldn’t. It made me realise how good working on rebuilding my strength was making me feel. I knew, but I didn’t quite know, you know? 

In the afternoon I made really nice sandwiches and then took Emma to the playground. She wanted to bring her baby owl because he was sick, so I made her a little sling to carry him in. It was extraordinarily cute. I did some pullup negatives and generally actively played around. Also did some presses at the evening KB class. 

Jaap was in the shower when I finally got Sophie to sleep so I jumped in and got some wet hugs. I love wet hugs. And Jaap always lights candles when he has late showers, which is adorable. 

• Like 6

Oh and I made this;

A083046F-C5E3-4702-99B3-DA84C073DD48.thumb.jpeg.c5658b08c781eddb1f186de8ce50d8e2.jpeg

Perfectionism was keeping me from setting up my new bujo, I kept thinking what pages I wanted at the beginning and how to make it very nice since this’ll be my second and I know what I’m doing now/ basically all the wrong thoughts. With my first I knew I was at risk of thinking these thoughts so I made myself ‘ruin‘ it straight away. 
it wasn’t necessary to intentionally make it imperfect again but I made myself free hand this challenge on the first empty page, so here we go. Hopefully I’m done with those thoughts again now/ probably not, but this anti-perfectionist practice is something I really like about bujo-ing anyway. 
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

Perfectionism was keeping me from setting up my new bujo, I kept thinking what pages I wanted at the beginning and how to make it very nice since this’ll be my second and I know what I’m doing now/ basically all the wrong thoughts. With my first I knew I was at risk of thinking these thoughts so I made myself ‘ruin‘ it straight away. 

This sounds like a fantastic policy :) 

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

it wasn’t necessary to intentionally make it imperfect again but I made myself free hand this challenge on the first empty page, so here we go. Hopefully I’m done with those thoughts again now/ probably not, but this anti-perfectionist practice is something I really like about bujo-ing anyway. 

Excellent. A deliberate mistake is an excellent way to pierce the armour of perfectionism.

• That's Metal 1

I don't have any clever puns up my sleeve, and I don't know what a bujo is. It really makes a guy feel like he's late to the party... but I guess someone's gotta bring up derriere.

BOOM! Following!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Oh and I made this;

Reveal hidden contents

A083046F-C5E3-4702-99B3-DA84C073DD48.thumb.jpeg.c5658b08c781eddb1f186de8ce50d8e2.jpeg

That is a very nice even if not perfect bujo.

I was fortunate that when I started setting mine up that I made a mistake on the first page. Because once you make one, it can't be perfect so you don't even worry about trying to fix other mistakes, and then you can actually get on with getting things done. I love it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PaulG said:

I don't have any clever puns up my sleeve, and I don't know what a bujo is. It really makes a guy feel like he's late to the party... but I guess someone's gotta bring up derriere.

BOOM! Following!

bujo is short for bullet journal. There are a lot of good links and youtube videos covering them

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the tear as well.  And the forgetting how nice sleep is sounds so relatable. And the drops of hopelessness around that. And other responsibilities knocking om the door the morning she decides to sleep in. Way to go enjoying the little things, !

18 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Ugh, sorry to hear about the rough injury, that does not sound like a fun way to kick off a rebuilding season!

nope.. not at all 😫

17 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

This sounds like a fantastic policy :) 

Its really good practice too :) next I’ll let Emma draw in it.

14 hours ago, Harriet said:

Excellent. A deliberate mistake is an excellent way to pierce the armour of perfectionism.

ahh your way with words ❤️

11 hours ago, PaulG said:

BOOM! Following!

short for bullet journal :) which is a method for organising but also basically just a notebook with dots that people use as planner/journal hybrid things. 

8 hours ago, zenLara said:

I love those little dudes you draw for your exercise boxes :)

They’re ladies! ;)

7 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

That is a very nice even if not perfect bujo.

I was fortunate that when I started setting mine up that I made a mistake on the first page. Because once you make one, it can't be perfect so you don't even worry about trying to fix other mistakes, and then you can actually get on with getting things done. I love it.

yes the getting on with it part feels great :) glad you also stumbled upon the secret.

24 minutes ago, analoggirl said:

Sorry to hear about the tear as well.  And the forgetting how nice sleep is sounds so relatable. And the drops of hopelessness around that. And other responsibilities knocking om the door the morning she decides to sleep in. Way to go enjoying the little things, !

It’ll all be alright 😌

• Like 4

On 6/16/2020 at 5:22 AM, KB Girl said:

Hi! I'm KB Girl, mom of two (3,5 years and 12 weeks)

!!!  You had another baby!  Congratulations!  I think it's brilliant to keep a journal of all of the things your daughter is saying.  Kids are so unintentionally funny at those ages!  

I hope the glute injury heals quickly!  I've had a nagging piriformis pull for awhile, so I can somewhat sympathize.  For the short term, I guess every day is arm day.  

It's totally understandable that all of your athletes have the feels from missing out on a major competition.  At this point, I think just about everyone has lost out on something from covid.  I hope you can encourage your people to just train harder and look toward next year.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

They’re ladies!

Hummm... Do they have breasts? I don't see breasts 😛