KB Girl's all or something

KB Girl

3 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Yea I think I know what you mean, I get the same way with people on here sometimes. Especially these days it’s nice to know everyone is as well as can be.. 

That's exactly what I meant :) 

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V

Ok I’m trying to make something of the last week of this challenge. 

Monday and Tuesday I did a whole bunch of strength work, lots of single leg things, lots of pushups and pullups, lots of ab work... and I did my first deadlifts since the butt tear, which is always good for the soul even if a bit frustrating. I flirted with the pain on them a little bit, but figured that as long as it’s low it’s good to get moving. 

I also did a whole bunch of adulting, four loads of laundry, cooked dinner both days, vacuumed, harvested, cleaned kitchen and toilet... made sure to spend some focused time with the kids, played some games, went to the park and listened to music together. 

Still feeling rather blah despite it being good days on paper, but I’ll try to fake it till I make it. 

it would help if the world wasn’t such a shit show. What‘s really infuriating and sad at the same time is people you liked/respected but now say really stupid shit about covid19 on Facebook. Honestly, I wish world leadership was even organised/competent enough to pull off a hoax of this magnitude. “Oh look at these deaths that were predicted but we only had this many deaths, so why this harmful lockdown?” The predictions didn’t come true because the lockdown worked you dumb dipshit. 

• Like 6

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl puts down the phone

2023 Battle Log: over here

my instagram - my gym's instagram

4 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

it would help if the world wasn’t such a shit show. What‘s really infuriating and sad at the same time is people you liked/respected but now say really stupid shit about covid19 on Facebook.

That's one of the worst things about the current world situation (it's even more blatant if you live in the US and follow politics). We have learned things about our friends, and about some of our family members, that we will never be able to forget or reconcile with. Ignorance was the reason for blissful relationships, and now that we know what we have recently learned about their values and beliefs... how do we move forward with them from this point on? Do we even want to?

Painful.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V

AHHHHHH!! The little babies. ❤️ 

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Monday and Tuesday I did a whole bunch of strength work, lots of single leg things, lots of pushups and pullups, lots of ab work... and I did my first deadlifts since the butt tear, which is always good for the soul even if a bit frustrating. I flirted with the pain on them a little bit, but figured that as long as it’s low it’s good to get moving. 

I also did a whole bunch of adulting, four loads of laundry, cooked dinner both days, vacuumed, harvested, cleaned kitchen and toilet... made sure to spend some focused time with the kids, played some games, went to the park and listened to music together. 

So much goodness! 

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Still feeling rather blah despite it being good days on paper, but I’ll try to fake it till I make it. 

🌠

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Love the pics, and what a cute garden you have!

Hey I found the Covid smiley 😷 sorry :P

Here masks are now required in closed public spaces like shops. At the very beginning of the pandemic, the government was saying that masks were basically useless.... Mostly because they didn't have any... but anyway... I'm glad they are imposing it now, it reminds people it's not over at all.

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Just checking in to let you all know I’m alright. I had hoped to be out of that low I hit, but unfortunately it has persisted. 
I really shouldn’t be surprised because I haven’t been able to find a new balance between caring for my family, my gym and myself this last month. 
Not sure I should even start a new challenge because it now seems likely it’ll take a while longer to find that balance again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KB Girl said:

Just checking in to let you all know I’m alright. I had hoped to be out of that low I hit, but unfortunately it has persisted. 
I really shouldn’t be surprised because I haven’t been able to find a new balance between caring for my family, my gym and myself this last month. 
Not sure I should even start a new challenge because it now seems likely it’ll take a while longer to find that balance again. 

Everyone is struggling right now. There's nothing wrong with that.

Whether you create a new challenge or not is up to you. However, as you make that decision, consider the simple fact that a challenge thread is an easy way to get moral support from your friends here, and you don't have to set a lot of goals, or difficult goals, for yourself. It could simply be a place for you to check in and talk to people now and then.

• Like 2

Hugs. Maybe just an unchallenge. Then you can check in, and we can remind you that you are doing a great job. You do have a lot to learn to balance right now, you would anyway with a growing family and a gym, and now throw in a pandemic and yeah, that's a lot!

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 7/31/2020 at 5:34 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Everyone is struggling right now. There's nothing wrong with that.

Whether you create a new challenge or not is up to you. However, as you make that decision, consider the simple fact that a challenge thread is an easy way to get moral support from your friends here, and you don't have to set a lot of goals, or difficult goals, for yourself. It could simply be a place for you to check in and talk to people now and then.

Yes, thank you for the reminder!

I always do struggle with having these grand wishes for everything, including NF challenges, and then forgetting that it can be all or something instead of all or nothing x) even when I put that right there in the challenge title. 

On 7/31/2020 at 7:01 PM, Elastigirl said:

Hugs. Maybe just an unchallenge. Then you can check in, and we can remind you that you are doing a great job. You do have a lot to learn to balance right now, you would anyway with a growing family and a gym, and now throw in a pandemic and yeah, that's a lot!

I did/do really appreciate the reminders that there really is a lot going on. A couple pages back you said that I just had a baby and I really needed to hear that, so thanks again. 

On 7/31/2020 at 8:49 PM, Mad Hatter said:

We do provide virtual hugs! We just miss your presence. :) But do what you need to do.

It is good to have this little online family ❤️ that does also make me feel a little guilty for not checking in as often when I'm overwhelmed though.. and then I stay away more because that's entirely logical, right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

It is good to have this little online family ❤️ that does also make me feel a little guilty for not checking in as often when I'm overwhelmed though.. and then I stay away more because that's entirely logical, right? 

You're not the only one who follows that non-logic then. :)

I second (third?) the suggestion to do a challenge regardless, if only to know that when you are down or struggling, there are other people out there who have your back. But if the problem is really and truly not having the time, and a challenge would be just another stressful demand on you, then take the next round off. Either way, you can still drop in on other challenges any time you feel like it with no pressure or expectation.

• Like 1

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49