• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Quirky Quinn

Quinning through Consistency!

3 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

I felt tired and lethargic and not in the mood, the fact it was still really warm out didn't help.  But I decided to just get out and get it done and I did, really, really slowly. 

This was me on Monday doing my bike ride in 90 degree heat because I chose to sleep through the most reasonable temperatures of the day.  Good for you for getting it done anyway!!!

After 7 days of challenging I've dropped three disciplines out of 42 which I'm please with.

That's awesome!!!

I'm seeing no improvement in running times or in weight but I know that if I keep these numbers up for the rest of this challenge I will get there.

YASSSSSS WITH THE POSITIVITY!!  YOU GOT THIS!!!

• Like 2

24/06/20 - Day 8

Yesterday I was back in the office for some meetings and a few other bits that I had to do.  That meant an early morning, up showered, breakfasted and in the car by 7.15 and at work by 8.00.  Once I got there I updated here and then cracked on with work FORUMING DONE.  yesterday was the hottest day of the year in the UK and the temp hit 33*C which is practically the sun.  I was glad I was in the office as I turned the aircon up and relaxed in the cool air!

I was busy though, I had lots to do and made sure it got done, I didn't stop from between 8.30 and 4.  At 4 I played a game of chess which I won, and then headed home CHESSING DONE.

I got home about 6 and we had left over burritos for dinner EATING WELL DONE then I played in the garden with LQ, we played in her paddling pool which had been out the whole day and a bit of tig and on the trampoline.  When I checked my activity watch later it had decided that I had been playing volleyball for an hour so I'm going to take this as my OTHERING DONE for the day!

After that I watched the Man Utd game and LQ went up to bed.  MrsQ was exhausted after a day of running around the garden with LQ also and was ready to relax with some Greys Anatomy.  I took this as an excuse to disappear for a walk for the evening.  I had decided that I would do a 10k walk rather than the 5k run which is allowed in my rules because the evening was so nice and I wanted to take the time to enjoy it rather than sweat through it!

I did my 10k in 1h33m which was pretty good time considering it included 207m of climbing and it was still hot.  When I got to the top of the hill I was walking up the views were stunning, I am really lucky to live where I do! WALKING DONE

When I got home I showered and read a little before retiring READING DONE, a long and good day, it does make me wonder how I'll fit all the things in when i return to the office full time but that is a question for another challenge!  For now I'll just keep achieving those disciplines!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

yesterday was the hottest day of the year in the UK and the temp hit 33*C which is practically the sun.

Was it super humid as well.  That's the worst!

I had decided that I would do a 10k walk rather than the 5k run which is allowed in my rules because the evening was so nice and I wanted to take the time to enjoy it rather than sweat through it!

this sounds like a great swap, especially since your day was so chock full of work

it does make me wonder how I'll fit all the things in when i return to the office

Yeah, it's amazing how much my mental health (and my marriage) improved since we started working from home, but I like my job better when I'm doing it face to face, so it's a sacrifice either way

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:14 AM, Salinger said:

What a brilliant day :) 

and another scorcher today !!!! Xx

It was so hot again yesterday!  Thunder storms today though apparently!

20 hours ago, Novaurora said:

Was it super humid as well.  That's the worst!

this sounds like a great swap, especially since your day was so chock full of work

Yeah, it's amazing how much my mental health (and my marriage) improved since we started working from home, but I like my job better when I'm doing it face to face, so it's a sacrifice either way

It was quite dry heat I think, but it was just beyond what is normal for any type of movement for a lizard like me!

And I agree that after an initial period of adjustment I've really started to take advantage of the whole work from home thing!  There are somethings I will really miss and I've really enjoyed  spending more time with MrsQ and LQ but in terms of effectively doing my job I need to interact with others face to face!

• Like 1

25/06/20 - Day 9

I was up at a reasonable time and had a few tasks to do at home before I was heading over to my new place of work for an introduction day.  I therefore bashed out my targets in the morning, quickly getting on here and updating FORUMING DONE and then playing a game of chess, which I won, CHESSING DONE and then half an hour of reading READING DONE.

Then I got dressed into a shirt and trousers (one thing I don't miss in Lockdown) and headed in to meet people.  On the way I grabbed a Mexican Chicken Sandwich from Greggs which was amazing.  I definitely have missed those in lockdown!  When I was there I had to have my social skills up and spent an long time chatting to a few people, getting to know my new team and wandering around the place.  It was a really interesting and good afternoon and I'm really looking forward to getting started properly!

I finished up about 6 and headed home,  I got back in time to spend some time with LQ before bed and then after bed time I went for a run which was so warm but I enjoyed it getting around in 31m26s which I didn't think was too bad in the heat.  RUNNING DONE

When I got back we had Indian food EATING WELL DONE and watched John Oliver, I didn't get any othering done because I ran out of time!

A good day, but another busy one!  Today should be a little quieter (hopefully) with no required travel so no excuse but to get stuff done!

• Like 3

ANother good day QQ! It was meant to thunder today but nothing so far.... another warm one!

Hoping you are enjoying your day xx

26/06/20 - Day 10

Friday was a pretty good day.  I got up early and got straight into some work before updating here and then doing a bit of reading.  FORUMING DONE, READING DONE.  After a bit more work I had lunch around 12 and then played some chess.  Looking back at the results I played way too much!  9 games!  Winning 6.  CHESSING DONE That is way too much for a work day - I must've got carried away! 

Anyway, about 3 I packed up and set off to my parents for dinner with LQ as is custom, dinner was nice but we had it early, about 4.30.  This caused a problem later as you will see!  After dinner I did the same run as last week heading to my brothers for a quick catch up.   RUNNING DONE My time was 31m11s which was OK but slower than my time on the same route last week - I'm putting it down to having dinner before setting off. In the evening, when I got back from my parents we put LQ to bed and got on the beers!  Probably the first drinks I'd had in 4 weeks or so but I just really fancied a beer and a bunch of snacks.

So at least I got my run in on Friday and was relatively productive in the morning but the afternoon/evening was an indicator of the weekend to come!

• Like 1

27/06/20 - Day 11

Saturday was nursing a hangover in the morning.  I decided that the best thing for it was a cooked breakfast so I nipped down to the shop and picked up all the requisite ingredients.  Breakfast was amazing and I did feel better after it.  I chilled out and played a little chess CHESSING DONE after that and then watched Preston get battered by Cardiff, which means our playoff hopes are dashed on the rocks for another year!  It's a good job we don't play in the premiership because EVERTIME we are on tv we play terribly!

After that LQ and I headed for a walk at Malham Cove, it was brilliant!  We were waterproofed up and had a great time jumping in puddles and throwing rocks in the river, in the end we probably walked around 3 miles so I'll count that as my OTHERING DONE.  

We got back around 6 and I watched the Man Utd game which was not great and because of the rain we decided to order take out pizza instead of making our own as is custom on a Saturday.  It was fine, but I prefer my own now!

In the evening after LQ had gone to bed we watched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood which I really enjoyed!  I thought Pitt was excellent!

So 2/6 on Saturday which is not particularly impressive.  I need to really get to grips with my weekend self.

• Like 2

28/06/20 - Day 12

Sunday was a funny day, I woke up rested and well after Saturdays take it easy day and I was full of productivity and drive.  I had breakfast, and read for an hour or so READING DONE, then played some chess for an hour or so CHESSING DONE.  We had lunch about 12 and then I started some research work for my new job.  I was planning on heading for my run about 3 when MrsQ came into the office and declared that she was ready to head out of the house and see some family for the first time.  That was a big deal because she has not left the house since lockdown began and we've been taking small steps to reintegrate, this was a large one.  So I dropped everything and we headed to my brothers for the afternoon.

She really enjoyed seeing my SIL and brother and we had a great catch up, it was nice for us all to just feel a little normal again!  The kids all had a great time as well, playing and running about the place!

We ended up staying until about 10pm!  And we did have Chinese take out, but I stuck to my 3 square meals rule so I'm giving myself an EATING WELL DONE.

So my productive day was turned into a social one and I am not one bit sorry about it!  It was so nice to get out and do something normal again!

Today will be productive and 100% of my disciplines will be done.  Consistency is not just doing the things on the days you want to do them!

• Like 2

29/06/20 - Day 13

I got all the things done yesterday.

I woke up in the morning and got straight into it, I came here and made up for missing the weekend FORUMING DONE.  I had a whole bunch of stuff I had to get done work wise and started well.  By 10.30 I was way ahead of were i wanted to be so I opened up Chess.com and played a game.  That was a mistake!  I think I am truly addicted to chess!  CHESSING DONE.  I stopped for lunch at 12.30 and had cheese and pickle sandwiches, then I managed to drag myself back into work and had a fairly productive afternoon.  Finishing work about 5.30.  We had dinner, EATING WELL DONE which LQ did not finish and then I washed up & read whilst MrsQ bathed LQ READING DONE.  

After bath time LQ had the mother of all meltdowns because she was denied supper whilst her perfectly good dinner was still sat there ready to be eaten.  We got slamming doors, screaming and lots of tears.  It was draining, but no supper was eaten that night!

Once LQ had finally gone down around 8 I managed to drag myself out for a run which I did not want to do, but knew that I had to.  Once I was out it was fine though.  The first 3k were blasted through but I completely ran out of steam for the last 2k and ended up with 31m16s.  I need to start seeing some more progress here.  It will come.  RUNNING DONE

When I got back I blasted out 50 pushups as my OTHERING DONE.  After that we chilled out and watched some tv for a while before retiring about 10.30.

So a full day with all tasks done.  But it felt a bit half arsed, I need to commit to upping the intensity as I move into week 3.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

I think I am truly addicted to chess! 

Well there are worse things to be addicted to. Like class A drugs. Or the dreaded bass. 

addicted to bass | Tumblr

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hey QQ... sounds like a good day, you have shown that when youre heart isnt in it as much, you can still do it!! Which is half the battle won :D xx

• Like 2

denied supper whilst her perfectly good dinner was still sat there ready to be eaten. 

What is the order of meals in your house?  Sometimes you talk about tea, but supper is eaten before dinner (which are the same thing in America).  I'm not telling you to change the way you talk about it, I'm just curious what means what.

Great job acing your goals yesterday and not giving into the tantrum!

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 1:50 PM, Novaurora said:

What is the order of meals in your house?  Sometimes you talk about tea, but supper is eaten before dinner (which are the same thing in America).  I'm not telling you to change the way you talk about it, I'm just curious what means what.

Great job acing your goals yesterday and not giving into the tantrum!

So the age old debate in England which harks back to the class system is;

image.png.cc8140385b8991ddd0de6d516c5891c9.png

I use a mixture of the two depending on how fancy I'm feeling but if my dad heard me call dinner lunch he'd set his whippets on me!    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30/06/20 - Day 14

I've had a busy couple of days at work handing over month end tasks.

Tuesday I managed to get my READING, FORUMING and CHESSING done at various points during the day and then collapsed in front of the football in the evening.  I didn't do any exercise but I'm kind of glad because I did enjoy the football and it was a good reset.

I did eat well though so I guess that is something!

4/6  

• Like 3

01/07/20 - Day 15

Another busy day at work and I had to jump straight into it so I missed my morning update.  No worries I thought, I'll get it done later in the day which of course I didn't.  Sorry guys!

I worked solidly until about 4 and then stopped to take LQ out for a bike ride which will count as my OTHERING DONE.  

When we got back I did some READING and then we had tea which was pesto chicken pasta salad and was very nice! 

MrsQ is back from furlough and at work from today so she spent last night ensuring her home working situation was working so after LQ's bed time I went for a run RUNNING DONE  and played some chess CHESSING DONE .  I ate well although I might have taken liberties with portion sizes!  I'm giving myself EATING WELL DONE but I need to sharpen up a little in week 3 of the challenge!

• Like 3

image.png.cc8140385b8991ddd0de6d516c5891c9.png

I love a goods chart.  That clears things right up.  Thanks!!

Great job keeping up the last few days!  We all need a reset sometimes!!

Break and resets (like you did with football) are important, especially when our consistency are starting to flag a little. You're doing amazing for keeping going even when you were feeling a bit low. Keep going!

FlashyDopeyBarnswallow-small.gif