Lateral Planet Rejoins Society

Well, things kind of went off the rails a bit over the weekend sugar-wise, but I remembered to do my yoga and even went for a walk on Saturday. Ready to dive in again for a good second week.

I made a nice big batch of pumpkin soup, so that's lunch sorted for the week. I also made them quite generous portions in the hope that it will make me less snacky in the afternoons, and I got some bread to have toast with it as well.

I've also made a better plan for sugar consumption. Last week my snack of choice was some tiny coconut cookies that were absolutely loaded. This week I'll indulge in an Australian delicacy: fairy bread! Which is just bread and butter with sprinkles. Satisfies the sugar cravings, fills me up so I can't overindulge, and only about 10g of sugar per slice.

The other thing I'm considering is resuming yoga as a morning habit. Last week it seemed to become a chore; the last thing on the to-do list before I could finally relax for the day. Not a great mindset for exercise. But that would mean rearranging my routine a fair bit, so I won't make any commitments in that area just yet.

• Like 2

That fairy bread sounds interesting. That reminds me a bit of something I use to eat as a kid. Toasted bread with butter and sugar and cinnamon :) Though of course if I made it, there was way too much sugar haha. I bet the fairy bread has much less sugar. 

I do hate when whatever exercise you choose starts to feel like a chore. Hopefully, changing up things will not make it feel that way for you. Good luck this week!

• Like 1
On 6/30/2020 at 6:43 AM, Tateman said:

That fairy bread sounds interesting. That reminds me a bit of something I use to eat as a kid. Toasted bread with butter and sugar and cinnamon :) Though of course if I made it, there was way too much sugar haha. I bet the fairy bread has much less sugar. 

It's fantastic stuff! Always a big hit at kids' birthday parties. Definitely sugary but since there's more bread than sprinkles it's not as bad as it seems.

20200630_110918_resize_75.jpg.dbbb27cdd0b520b0be6ed900176c042d.jpg

• Like 2

I haven't been very engaged with the challenge this week. A whole lot of stuff happened this week, and none of it was bad, but it's just been keeping me really busy so my attention has not been focused on my health lately. Things should calm down a bit next week though.

Despite all of that I have been managing to keep up with the meal prep, the waking up on time and the daily yoga goals. It's mostly the nutrition habits on the slide; I've been snacking a fair bit and we did get takeaway a couple of times this week. I won't lie, it's a lot harder doing yoga with a McDonald's thickshake in your tummy, but I did it anyway!

• Haha 3
On 7/3/2020 at 4:10 PM, Lateral Planet said:

It's fantastic stuff! Always a big hit at kids' birthday parties. Definitely sugary but since there's more bread than sprinkles it's not as bad as it seems.

Yum, looks delicious. :) And great job doing the yoga anyway. :) 

• Like 1
On 7/14/2020 at 2:11 PM, Jupiter said:

Hey, how did your challenge go last week?

Hey friend, thanks for checking in! I really disappeared off the face of the planet, didn't I 😅

Well I guess the lifestyle transition from working from home to going back to the office full time took a lot more work than I expected, plus a whole lot of stuff has been happening (all of it good though!) Basically my attention has been elsewhere and I really haven't been in a fitness state of mind; in fact I've barely done any exercise in ages.

But today I walked 5K for NerdFitness! I promised I would, so I did. I think the NF shirt I ordered is stuck in California somewhere but it was too cold for a shirt anyway.

I'm planning to come back to the challenge tomorrow and maybe start small with some small, attainable goals. I think I failed to manage my expectations this time around. Now that I'm sort of settled in with the current lifesryle it's time to start fresh!

• Like 1

Popping in for the last week of the challenge with a couple of small goals to help me get back on track:

1) Drink more water

Been a bit headachey lately and I think it's probably down to dehydration 

2) Track food

Just note what I'm eating and when; not looking to change anything at this point, just fostering mindfulness 

3) Don't switch on the TV as soon as you get home

Get in some non-screen time before settling in for the night: exercise, tidy up the house a bit, read a book

• Like 1

Doing pretty well so far with my mini reboot, not much to report. Today I'm taking proactive measures to get in some exercise. My car needed servicing, and the shop is quite close to work so I decided to just walk the rest of the way to the office rather than get a lift like normal. It took about half an hour and it was horribly cold (-3C, I don't know what that is in Freedom units but there was frost on the ground) but I did it and now I feel very accomplished. Hopefully it'll be a bit warmer on the walk back this afternoon!

• Like 1
On 7/19/2020 at 12:09 AM, Lateral Planet said:

Hey friend, thanks for checking in! I really disappeared off the face of the planet, didn't I 😅

Yeah, of course! And LOL it happens. :) Glad you're doing well! 

• Like 1

I haven't been looking after myself very well lately. I mean, I've been showering and brushing teeth and all that, but neglecting all the little stuff that isn't necessary but which definitely makes me feel better. So to help me break out of this slump I've spent Saturday morning having a nice little pamper sesh. Did a moisturising hair mask, shaved my legs, trimmed all my nails, did some skin treatments and now I'm lazing about in a bathrobe til it's time to get dressed. I'm already feeling fresher!

I'm realising I need to get back to basics. I tried to bite off more than I could chew with this challenge so when there was a little disruption it all went off the rails. Going to devise my next challenge to help improve my mental health, which will then put me in a good mindset for tackling diet and exercise.

• Like 2