• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Egg and Lettuce

Hapkido Taekwondo

I have wanted to learn a martial art for a while now. I had hundreds of trainers living at my doorstep while I was living in the city yet I always put it off, next week, next week. Now i am in a pretty remote area yet have recently found out we have an instructor for Hapkido and taekwondo in town.

I know little of each of these and could google the day away but I'd just like your opinions on them.

Keep in Mind Hapkido is only taught once a week due to low class numbers while taekwondo is twice per week. The days don't conflict so if I hear nothing but positive things about each of them I may do both.

While i am here and asking, does anyone know if it is possible to do an intensive krav Maga course?? one where I could book some holidays from work, stay near by and train in it every day??

Thanks for the help, you will have to excuse any spelling mistakes etc I have made, I have just come off a 12 hour night shift and am very tired.

edit * JuJitsu may be starting up in the next 2 months would it be worth including in the mix??

Hapkido and TKD are both of Koren origins but the quality of instructors could be WORLDS apart. Here is one advantage for you for the Hapkido class: fewer students could mean MORE time with the instructor. You'd be surprised at what you can learn with one good quality class a week and then seriously practice during the remaining 6 days of the week compared with two mediocre classes with less instruction time (however, it could be the opposite too if the TKD instructor is good). One advantage of a smaller class: if you are learning a basic form, for example, you might have the time to record your instructor or a senior student, or even yourself performing it at the dojang/dojo/training hall and then you have that for review during the rest of the week as you practice(it helps you not forget the moves that way). Just a thought for you.