• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jupiter

Jupiter Gets Back To Basics

So yesterday I didn't do anything. I was too tired. Restarting today. Also had this weird dream the night before that was very Nancy Drew-esque (the show), and it was really cool, so there may be a Nancy Drew-esque story in my future. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

I've tried to get short stories published in the past and haven't been able to, so I just figured I'm bad at it LOL. 

Insert motivational speech about how publishers reject a lot of stories/books that turn out best-stellers 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Insert motivational speech about how publishers reject a lot of stories/books that turn out best-stellers 😇

LOL yeah that is very true. Thank you for the motivational speech. :) 

Ugh, didn't get as much done as I had planned. Had 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies, read a little bit, got a few plot points on this short story idea down to see if it's worth pursuing and if I can make something out of it. I'm still undecided. That's pretty much all I got done. Work is seriously kicking my behind. And I heard today that we're about to get even busier. I just can't even. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Ugh, didn't get as much done as I had planned. Had 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies, read a little bit, got a few plot points on this short story idea down to see if it's worth pursuing and if I can make something out of it. I'm still undecided. That's pretty much all I got done. Work is seriously kicking my behind. And I heard today that we're about to get even busier. I just can't even. 

It's okay. You don't HAVE to do these things. You write because it's fun. You read because it's fun. You clean and eat fruit and vegetables because it's because future you will thank you for it. If work is getting busier, then they need to hire more people. Your workweek counts 40 hours, and everything you do extra is a nice gift to them. You're doing whatever you can, and you do it well. Hold on to your sanity, it will get better again!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Work is seriously kicking my behind. And I heard today that we're about to get even busier. I just can't even. 

I hope you ride out the wave of business and things settle down soon.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 12:13 AM, Jupiter said:

Got an idea for a short story, but I'm not sure I want to do anything with it. I'm not very good at short stories, and I'm not sure I want to switch my focus from the novel right now. 

Maybe bullet point your ideas & set the info aside for later?

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 12:39 AM, Waanie said:

It's okay. You don't HAVE to do these things. You write because it's fun. You read because it's fun. You clean and eat fruit and vegetables because it's because future you will thank you for it. If work is getting busier, then they need to hire more people. Your workweek counts 40 hours, and everything you do extra is a nice gift to them. You're doing whatever you can, and you do it well. Hold on to your sanity, it will get better again!

Thanks! :) 

On 6/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, Harriet said:

I hope you ride out the wave of business and things settle down soon.

Thanks, me too. 

23 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Maybe bullet point your ideas & set the info aside for later?

Yeah I think I may do that. I just need to carve out some time for it. 

Okay, lots happened over the last few days. Let's see...went to the potluck my friend/co-worker invited me to, which was also their monthly game night. Played lots of games, socialized, and had lots of fun. I was so tired by the end of it, LOL, but then another friend called me afterwards and we talked for a few hours. She showed me video of her babies, who are walking already (they are sooo adorable). I can't believe how fast they are growing. Then we chatted again on the phone after I got off work both Monday and Tuesday. So yeah, so much socializing. I'm not an extroverted person, but it was nice. Exhausting, LOL, but nice. 

On the flip side of that, the last three days at work have been hell. Everyone wanted everything asap and kept hounding me about everything all day long, all 3 days. I actually had to walk away from my desk yesterday and cry for a few minutes. It was that bad. And I've been so stressed since Monday that it finally accumulated into a bad headache by this afternoon. They're throwing so much work at me (including work from co-workers from another position) that it's impossible to get caught up. I'm very glad they decided to give us a day off for the holiday (they weren't going to at first) so we'll have a 3 day weekend this weekend and I can have an extra day away from this place. Because I need it. 

Anyway, despite all this craziness, I managed to finish chapter 1 of my novel. At first I hated it, but actually I think it's pretty decent. And other than a few grammatical tweaks, I think it's pretty much done. Like, done, done. Also only did 2 sets of my strength training workout instead of 3, but at least I did the workout. Also managed 1 serving of veggies and 1 serving of fruit almost every day this week and read some. Oh, and cooked dinner last night. Just grilled cheese, so not the healthiest meal, but I cooked it myself so it counts. And now I'm so exhausted but I still have to start revising chapter 2 tonight. On the bright side I think I'm starting to feel more confident in my writing again, so there's that. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jupiter said:

On the bright side I think I'm starting to feel more confident in my writing again, so there's that. 

Nice!

Have fun in your long weekend :).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jupiter said:

On the flip side of that, the last three days at work have been hell. Everyone wanted everything asap and kept hounding me about everything all day long, all 3 days. I actually had to walk away from my desk yesterday and cry for a few minutes. It was that bad. And I've been so stressed since Monday that it finally accumulated into a bad headache by this afternoon. They're throwing so much work at me (including work from co-workers from another position) that it's impossible to get caught up.

It feels like your work needs one of those terrible corporate seminars on boundaries.  That's just nuts.  Is it your bosses hounding you, or just co workers/whoever else?  If it keeps up, I would start documenting because it sounds like (and I could be misreading based on the info I have) your work place is becoming an unsafe place for your mental health (or hostile at worst).  And if people are badgering you and fobbing work off on you enough that you are crying and hella stressed, I'd go to HR or your boss.

On the bright side I think I'm starting to feel more confident in my writing again, so there's that. 

CONGRATS!  THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!

Also only did 2 sets of my strength training workout instead of 3, but at least I did the workout. Also managed 1 serving of veggies and 1 serving of fruit almost every day this week and read some. Oh, and cooked dinner last night. Just grilled cheese, so not the healthiest meal, but I cooked it myself so it counts.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 11:13 PM, Jupiter said:

Ugh, I just cannot get rid of this tired.

Sorry to hear things have been a challenge lately. I’m with you on this one as of late, so you are not alone.

All part of the ups and downs of life I suppose. Hope it gets better for you soon!

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 11:23 PM, Jupiter said:

On the flip side of that, the last three days at work have been hell. Everyone wanted everything asap and kept hounding me about everything all day long, all 3 days. I actually had to walk away from my desk yesterday and cry for a few minutes. It was that bad. And I've been so stressed since Monday that it finally accumulated into a bad headache by this afternoon. They're throwing so much work at me (including work from co-workers from another position) that it's impossible to get caught up. I'm very glad they decided to give us a day off for the holiday (they weren't going to at first) so we'll have a 3 day weekend this weekend and I can have an extra day away from this place. Because I need it. 

That's flat out crazy. What is wrong with people?!  Time to set up boundaries. Do what you can do.

Too bad you can't set up one of those 'Take a number' stations by your desk. Then when someone comes you could just point to it & say, "Now serving #___."

• Like 1

So I have not been very active on the forums so far this challenge. Hopefully I can change that this week. Anyway, Thursday was thankfully quiet at work. Barely heard from anybody, which was awesome. And then my boss sent out an email before I left for the day asking all of us to work over the weekend. Which, have to admit, made me kind of mad. I mean, it's a holiday weekend for crying out loud. I probably should have gone ahead and done some work, but I was exhausted and kind of fed up with it all, so I didn't. Also, it appears I'm not the only one having meltdowns at work. Some of my coworkers are as well. This is crazy. Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy?

Let's see...Friday and Saturday I did absolutely nothing, which I'm happy about because it was a nice break, but also I'm kind of frustrated, because I have so much to do and I didn't do any of it. I just binge watched 2 TV shows and laid around like a slug. I did however take a "me" moment and painted my nails. I did a terrible job of it because I haven't done it in a while and I'm out of practice, and pieces have been chipping off all day today, but I'm glad I did it just the same. Also did 10 minutes of yoga and close to 30 minutes of walking.

Anyway, today I tried to do all the things and instead did half the things. Started revising chapter 2 and I ended up cutting a lot and narrowing the focus and I think it's much better for it. I only really worked in depth on 2 pages but I kind of glanced at a few more pages and cut more stuff that doesn't need to be there anymore. It's better, I think, but we'll see once I'm done with it. Also did 3 loads of laundry, shredded a bunch of papers, and had a serving of fruit and veggies. And then I ran out of steam and have done nothing since. And all I want to do now is go binge watch mindless TV before bed. Which I think I may go do now. Thank you everyone for commenting and for the support. I'll respond tomorrow. 

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Jupiter said:

And then my boss sent out an email before I left for the day asking all of us to work over the weekend. Which, have to admit, made me kind of mad. I mean, it's a holiday weekend for crying out loud.

I am angry for you.  boundaries, seriously.

12 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Friday and Saturday I did absolutely nothing, which I'm happy about because it was a nice break, but also I'm kind of frustrated, because I have so much to do and I didn't do any of it.

Sounds like you have really needed this sort of time for simple healing

• Like 3

On 7/5/2020 at 11:21 PM, Jupiter said:

then my boss sent out an email before I left for the day asking all of us to work over the weekend.

Ugh! Your boss is ridiculous. Apparently other employees think so too. Sounds like a mutiny is brewing.

20 hours ago, Chesire said:

I am angry for you.  boundaries, seriously

This🔼

20 hours ago, Chesire said:

This too🔼

The kind of mental stress you're going through right now requires a break. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 11:11 PM, Waanie said:

Nice!

Have fun in your long weekend :).

Thanks, overall it was a nice weekend. :) 

On 7/2/2020 at 6:15 AM, Novaurora said:

It feels like your work needs one of those terrible corporate seminars on boundaries.  That's just nuts.  Is it your bosses hounding you, or just co workers/whoever else?  If it keeps up, I would start documenting because it sounds like (and I could be misreading based on the info I have) your work place is becoming an unsafe place for your mental health (or hostile at worst).  And if people are badgering you and fobbing work off on you enough that you are crying and hella stressed, I'd go to HR or your boss.

Yeah I think they could definitely benefit from one of those seminars, LOL. And it's mostly coworkers. I've mentioned it to my bosses before but they just keep telling me to answer every email as soon as they come in so it doesn't seem like I'm ignoring anybody. Which honestly is not very doable considering how busy we've been, so I just say "Okay" and move on and muddle through the best I can. And my bosses are the ones giving me (everyone, really) the extra work so I can't really complain to them about it LOL. You're not misreading, this place is not good for anyone's mental health right now (including the bosses). Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it. 

On 7/2/2020 at 6:15 AM, Novaurora said:

CONGRATS!  THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!

Thanks!! :D 

On 7/3/2020 at 11:59 AM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Sorry to hear things have been a challenge lately. I’m with you on this one as of late, so you are not alone.

All part of the ups and downs of life I suppose. Hope it gets better for you soon!

Very true, and thank you. :) 

On 7/4/2020 at 5:39 PM, Harriet said:

Sorry the work is headache inducingly stressful, but great work on finishing chapter one! 

Yeah it really sucked last week but luckily this week has been fairly quiet so far. Thanks! :) 

On 7/5/2020 at 9:09 AM, fitnessgurl said:

That's flat out crazy. What is wrong with people?!  Time to set up boundaries. Do what you can do.

Too bad you can't set up one of those 'Take a number' stations by your desk. Then when someone comes you could just point to it & say, "Now serving #___."

Yup, I agree. And LOL yeah that would be kind of awesome. I want to put a note in my email when people start getting pushy like that (you know, something that tells them that I'll get to their email within a certain time frame or something like that) but I don't know if I'd be able to get away with it. I tried putting myself on do not disturb one day and then got in trouble because we're not allowed to do that. 

• Like 4

On 7/6/2020 at 9:04 AM, Chesire said:

I am angry for you.  boundaries, seriously.

13 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

This🔼

Thanks you guys. Yeah, these people have no concept of boundaries whatsoever. 

Ugh! Your boss is ridiculous. Apparently other employees think so too. Sounds like a mutiny is brewing.

Eh, doubtful. Something's gotta give soon though, because I don't know how much longer we can all go at this pace. 

On 7/6/2020 at 9:04 AM, Chesire said:

This too🔼

The kind of mental stress you're going through right now requires a break. 

Thanks guys. And yeah, that's true, it's just frustrating. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

I want to put a note in my email when people start getting pushy like that (you know, something that tells them that I'll get to their email within a certain time frame or something like that)

It's worth a shot. Some kind of auto-response thing when people e-mail you.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

It's worth a shot. Some kind of auto-response thing when people e-mail you.

Yeah, maybe I'll give it a try. Hopefully my boss doesn't say anything. 

Okay, so work the last two days was really quiet and not quite as busy either. Thank goodness, because I don't know that I'd have made it if it had been insane like last week. I wish I could say I was able to take advantage of the quiet and get caught up a little bit, but no dice. I was too exhausted and barely made it through both days. I did do my strength training workout yesterday, though. Just 2 sets, but at least it's something. I cooked dinner too and made sure to have 1 serving of fruit and veggies both days. That was as far as I got. No revisions, no reading, just mindless TV after work. Tried to go to bed early last night but one of my neighbors set off fireworks for almost an hour and thanks to the noise, I couldn't sleep. I'm hoping I'll feel better by tomorrow and I'll be able to get some revisions done. I hate how long it's taking me to recover from all the work stress. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Thank you for stopping by despite your hectic schedule. I admire your resolve despite not being able to do the things you want to. Take care 🌻

• Like 2

19 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Thank you for stopping by despite your hectic schedule. I admire your resolve despite not being able to do the things you want to. Take care 🌻

Yeah, of course. I love reading your guys' posts and seeing your progress. Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

1 hour ago, fitnessgurl said:

Hang in there!

Thank you! :)

Still tired and unfocused at work, though it was a little better today. Hopefully it'll go away by the end of the week and I'll be able to get more done. Anyway, had a doctor's appointment after work so didn't get a chance to do yoga like I'd planned, but I did have 1 serving of veggies and I revised a page-ish of chapter 2. I'm not sure I like the changes I made though so I may have to go back over it tomorrow. I didn't make huge changes or anything, just small tweaks, but anyway, hopefully I'll have a fresh perspective tomorrow. Now I think I'll go read some before bed. Also, has anyone had trouble with email notifications? I haven't gotten any in the last couple days which I thought was weird. Anyway, have a good night. 

• Like 5

I feel better today. Was still a little unfocused at work but it was better than yesterday and I was able to get more work done. My boss even told me I'm doing a good job, and after all the crap I had to deal with last week, it was really nice to hear. After work did 10 minutes of yoga, had a serving of fruit, and revised the same two pages from yesterday. At first I hated them. They weren't bad, they just lacked...something. I kept tweaking though and figured out that I didn't include enough of my main character's voice and it just felt kind of flat without it. Once I added that everything (mostly) fell into place. I think it'll work now, but we'll see. 

• Like 6

Your work is crazy. I can't even. 

Good job hanging in there and still getting some stuff done. You are a champion

• Like 3

On 7/8/2020 at 3:13 AM, analoggirl said:

Thank you for stopping by despite your hectic schedule

ditto.  I know you have all this crazy stress, and lack of energy for your own challenge, but you keep on showing up on mine.  Thank you. 

We're up to Saturday again and I'm hoping you can make it a mental recovery day again.

• Like 2