Jump to content

Jupiter Gets Back To Basics


Jupiter

Recommended Posts

On 7/10/2020 at 6:26 PM, Rookie said:

Your work is crazy. I can't even. 

 

Good job hanging in there and still getting some stuff done. You are a champion

 

Yeah it's been pretty rough lately. And thanks. :) 

 

13 hours ago, Chesire said:

ditto.  I know you have all this crazy stress, and lack of energy for your own challenge, but you keep on showing up on mine.  Thank you. 

 

We're up to Saturday again and I'm hoping you can make it a mental recovery day again.

 

Yeah, of course. :) And thanks. :) I actually felt pretty good today so I did some stuff in the morning and then rested in the afternoon. 

 

3 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

How are you today?

 

I'm doing pretty good I think, thanks for asking. :) I think my brain is just about back so I'm hoping to get more done tomorrow. Hope you're doing okay. *hugs*

  • Like 3
Link to post

Which week of the challenge are we in now? I don't even know. Anyway, Friday, Saturday, and today. Felt better and less like I was moving through sludge, so got some stuff done. Cooked, did yoga, got in a serving of fruit and vegetables, got through a few pages of revisions and I'm almost finished reading a book, which will put me at...36 books read for the year? Also ran some errands, cleaned, shredded a few papers, and did laundry. So, did some work and rested some too. Not bad all things considered. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
15 hours ago, Rookie said:

I think we are heading into week 4 :)

 

Thanks. :) I can't believe we're that far in already. 

 

13 hours ago, Harriet said:

 

That's pretty good! I also don't know what week it is. 

 

Thanks! :) Yeah, it's been that kind of month seems like. 

 

***

 

Another surprisingly quiet day at work, but I'm taking a few days off this week so I expect that's why. No point in giving me a bunch of files if I'm not going to be there. Still, it's really nice, and I can't wait to have a few days away from this place. Anyway, managed to get some stuff done after work. For house keeping stuff, did another load of laundry, ran the dishwasher and cleaned a little bit. Also tried a new strength training routine. I'm not sure about it yet. It's very leg heavy and I couldn't quite get through all of it, so I may have to switch out a few leg exercises for arm exercises so I don't kill my legs. Also decided to quit dithering on the dumbbell weight and did a few exercises (goblet squats and dumbbell deadlifts mostly) with a 10 pound weight before going back to my 8 pound weight for the rest of it. Don't think I did too badly, though it'll take me a bit to fully move up to the 10. Still, pretty proud of myself. Also made sure to get in a serving of fruit and veggies, too, though I ended up having way too much junk food that pretty much cancelled out the healthy stuff. And by the end of the day I was really tired and couldn't focus very well, so I only got through about a page of revisions. Still, I'm pretty happy with chapter 2 so far. And now I'm going to go finish watching Ocean's 8, which is an awesome movie. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
1 hour ago, Jupiter said:

pretty much cancelled out the healthy

Idk the food science but I think it does not cancel it out.  It is still better for your body that you got some water, vitamins and minerals along with the junk food 🤗

 

1 hour ago, Jupiter said:

Still, I'm pretty happy with chapter 2 so far.

Good going!

  • Like 3

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

Link to post
20 hours ago, analoggirl said:

It is still better for your body that you got some water, vitamins and minerals along with the junk food 🤗

 

Yeah that's true. :) 

 

20 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Good going!

 

Thanks! I was honestly really worried about it, but it's not as bad as I thought. 

 

12 hours ago, Rookie said:

Same! I had to double check because I am like theres no way.... I feel it only just started.

 

LOL same. 

 

***

 

Welp, work is back to same old, same old, so I guess I just got lucky the last few days. Anyway, after work I cooked, cleaned, and got in a serving of fruit and vegetables. I still need to do some revisions, but I don't know if I'm going to make it tonight. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
On 7/13/2020 at 9:05 PM, Jupiter said:

Also tried a new strength training routine. I'm not sure about it yet. It's very leg heavy and I couldn't quite get through all of it, so I may have to switch out a few leg exercises for arm exercises so I don't kill my legs. Also decided to quit dithering on the dumbbell weight and did a few exercises (goblet squats and dumbbell deadlifts mostly) with a 10 pound weight before going back to my 8 pound weight for the rest of it. Don't think I did too badly, though it'll take me a bit to fully move up to the 10. Still, pretty proud of myself. 

 

Yay for moving up! Even if just for the first set. I often drop weight for later sets because I get fatigued pretty quickly but I want every set to be moderately challenging. 

  • Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post
On 7/15/2020 at 5:37 PM, Harriet said:

 

Yay for moving up! Even if just for the first set. I often drop weight for later sets because I get fatigued pretty quickly but I want every set to be moderately challenging. 

 

Thanks! :) Yeah I think that's what I'm going to have to do for a bit until I get used to the new weight.   

 

***

 

Well, good news, yesterday I officially went on vacation...bad news is today after my meeting with my mentor I felt like a terrible writer. She didn't say anything bad or make me feel bad or anything like that. She was great and had lots of great suggestions and we had a really interesting discussion on theme and different aspects of story and things that would help make my story better. The problem is my own stupid brain. I keep thinking, "I should have thought of this, I should have seen that, I should already be doing this stuff, this must mean that I'm not good at this and will never be good at this," which of course sends me into a negative thought spiral. Which then leads me to think, "Well, if I feel this bad about it maybe I should quit." But quitting would make me feel worse, and I honestly don't want to quit, especially not because my brain is being stupid, so here we are. This is why I have a mentor, so she can teach me these things. It's not because I am a bad writer. I'm a good writer (or at least decent). She is helping me become a better writer. I just need to remember that and stop freaking out and feeling bad about myself. 

 

Anyway, our meeting ran late, so no yoga, but I did get in 2 servings of fruit and a serving of veggies. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
15 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

 

Well, good news, yesterday I officially went on vacation...bad news is today after my meeting with my mentor I felt like a terrible writer. She didn't say anything bad or make me feel bad or anything like that. She was great and had lots of great suggestions and we had a really interesting discussion on theme and different aspects of story and things that would help make my story better. The problem is my own stupid brain. I keep thinking, "I should have thought of this, I should have seen that, I should already be doing this stuff, this must mean that I'm not good at this and will never be good at this," which of course sends me into a negative thought spiral. Which then leads me to think, "Well, if I feel this bad about it maybe I should quit." But quitting would make me feel worse, and I honestly don't want to quit, especially not because my brain is being stupid, so here we are. This is why I have a mentor, so she can teach me these things. It's not because I am a bad writer. I'm a good writer (or at least decent). She is helping me become a better writer. I just need to remember that and stop freaking out and feeling bad about myself. 

 

You are a good writer who has the potential to learn more and be a better writer (every writer has this potential. Even the lovely, witty Terry Pratchett improved substantially from his early novels to his later novels). Yay! How many books have you written so far? 

  • Like 5

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post

Yay for upping your exercise game! 🎉🎉🎉

Don't beat yourself up with your inner dialog. Writing is a craft & takes time. There are writers out there who have been writing for a long time & their writing has changed over the years. You are not a bad writer. Your mentor didn't say you were a bad writer. Your mentor, I'm assuming, has been writing longer. Listen to your mentor...not your brain. 😜

P.S. We're in week 4?!!!😱 Whaaat??!!

  • Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Link to post
On 7/12/2020 at 1:50 AM, Jupiter said:

Hope you're doing okay. *hugs*

I'm ok. ☺ Thanks for asking. I've been doing the running thing; but been busy; so not posting. Finished the 5k. Mostly walking; but the key word is finished.

They're going to shut down PA again. So angry!😡 So back to running around my house.

  • Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Link to post
On 7/16/2020 at 10:04 PM, Harriet said:

 

You are a good writer who has the potential to learn more and be a better writer (every writer has this potential. Even the lovely, witty Terry Pratchett improved substantially from his early novels to his later novels). Yay! How many books have you written so far? 

 

Thank you, that means a lot. :) I've written a couple of books (which were all terrible and never went anywhere) but I've been working on this same one for a while now. 

 

On 7/18/2020 at 6:35 AM, fitnessgurl said:

Yay for upping your exercise game! 🎉🎉🎉

Don't beat yourself up with your inner dialog. Writing is a craft & takes time. There are writers out there who have been writing for a long time & their writing has changed over the years. You are not a bad writer. Your mentor didn't say you were a bad writer. Your mentor, I'm assuming, has been writing longer. Listen to your mentor...not your brain. 😜

P.S. We're in week 4?!!!😱 Whaaat??!!

 

Thanks! :) And yeah, that's true. 

 

LOL, well, week 5 now I think, right? I haven't been all that with it this challenge. 

 

On 7/18/2020 at 6:39 AM, fitnessgurl said:

I'm ok. ☺ Thanks for asking. I've been doing the running thing; but been busy; so not posting. Finished the 5k. Mostly walking; but the key word is finished.

They're going to shut down PA again. So angry!😡 So back to running around my house.

 

I'm glad you're doing okay and nice job finishing the 5k, that's amazing! I'm sorry they're closing the state down again though. :( Hopefully it won't stay closed for long. 

 

***

 

So, back at work, and it is slow, thank goodness. I came back to over 450 emails (even though I was only gone for 2 days) but it was all mostly taken care of while I was out, and other than going through what was left, I haven't had a whole lot of work. And honestly, all things considered, I haven't been all that eager to ask for more (though I know I'll get more soon, probably by the end of the week). I'm just so, so tired. I didn't even do my strength training workout yesterday. At least I had a serving of veggies yesterday, and a serving of fruit and veggies today. Also still struggling with figuring out the theme for this novel, even after talking with my mentor and taking notes and going over the notes she gave me. I think I have the main story down pretty well, but getting it to connect to a theme (or maybe more vice versa) has been hard. I've thought about it a lot and I think I'm closer, but now I just wonder if it's right for this story, and if maybe I started the series (I want it to be a series) in the wrong place. Hmm I think more thinking is in order. On the bright side, I'm narrowing this story way down compared to the first draft. Before I had way too much stuff. Like half a series worth of stuff. Now I think I've narrowed the focus down to just one major plot, which is much better. I just need to narrow that focus a little bit more and maybe I'll have it. But we'll see. 

  • Like 4
Link to post

Getting back on track a little bit today. Had a serving of fruit and veggies, did 10 minutes of yoga and cooked, though I ended up cooking the chicken a little too long and I'm debating whether it's edible. Also took a break from the novel and worked on an outline for a short story. I think I have it mostly plotted out, I'm just missing a few points. Of course, this may end up turning into a novelette or novella, but hopefully I can keep it short and sweet. Work is picking up like I thought. I picked up some extra work, but it's not too bad just yet. Month end is coming though so I'm expecting the crazy to happen again soon. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
On 7/23/2020 at 8:03 AM, ReturnOfTheDad said:


Glad things are going better for you!

 

11 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

I'm glad things are going better!

 

Thank you both! I think things are getting there, just slowly. 

 

***

 

Missed yoga again today but I'll try to get it in sometime over the weekend. I did get in a serving of veggies and fruit though, and I mostly tracked everything. Also took a break on the short story and novel plotting and decided to try to write a flash fiction piece, which helped my brain immensely. Not to mention, it was just fun, and writing hasn't been all that fun in a while. Anyway, I don't think it's too bad. It actually has a beginning, middle, and end, which are points in its favor. Still, couple of little tweaks here and there, and then I'll decide what I want to do with it after that, if anything. 

 

And I think that's pretty much the end of the challenge. See everyone around for the next one. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
On 7/25/2020 at 7:39 AM, Waanie said:

I'm glad you found some joy again in writing, and that you're generally doing better :).

 

See you next challenge!

 

Thanks! :)

 

***

 

Next challenge is up for those interested. :) 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines