Continue? 5-4-3-2-1 Let's Go!

As last challenge did not go as well as hoped -- I saw it through to the end but didn't pass with flying colors -- I've gotta replay the level and maybe lower the difficulty as much as I hate to. Have to stay on goal with the gradual increases, and I think I tried to change too much. Victory requirements for this challenge will be: 

1) 1350 daily calories -- (5x/week) 2 days/week allotted for missing the goal or accommodating for special occasions, cheat meals, parties, etc. 

2) 4 takeout meals -- (per week) max allowed for ordering out or takeout.

3) 7 min workout -- (5x/week) As the 10 min goal last challenge crashed and burned, this is half the increase from the prior challenge. This doesn't include warm-up or cool-down time. can also be satisfied by a brisk 15 min walk or jog. 

4) 5 hrs creativity skill build -- (per week) max of 2hrs in one day allowed toward weekly 6-hr goal.

5) weekly Rebellion update -- needs to be an official goal so it gets done in a timely manner. Check-ins should be on Sunday, but no later than Wednesday.

This should prove to be a less daunting challenge with fewer changes to be overwhelmed by. Restarting awesome butt-kicking challenge in 5-4-3-2-1...Let's go! :D

• Like 3

Tyr the Conqueror  [ Half-Dwarf | Rebel ]

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Volume: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Weeeeeelp! yesterday evening I scheduled time to sit down and do my update on time after an hour or so nap.....but i never woke up. this is what happens when you procrastinate! 😅 Oh well... Week 1 wasn't perfect, but it was a good start for breaking bad habits I started to form last challenge.

I think part of my problem (and this is gonna sound dumb) was feeling bummed about the series finale of She-Ra on netflix. (I was actually a fan of the original AND love this new one just as much. its different and thats NOT a bad thing by any means.) I don't usually get worked up about shows that I love ending but this was the first in a long time where I was legit sad and maybe slightly depressed about no mas She-ra even though that ending was the most beautiful thing ever 😭 (hopefully we get a spin-off series b/c there's definitely content for it, but not getting my hopes up.) Either way, I'm not about to sabotage my progress any further on a fandom, and I just needed to get that off my chest, b/c a shared love of the show among my friends has been tragically lacking, ahem!

Level 1 Complete - Final Score:

Calorie Goal: 4/5 💔

Takeout Goal: 3/4 💚

Workout Goal: 5/5 💚

Creative Goal: 8/6 🖤💜💙💚💛🧡❤️

NF Status Update Goal: 💔

No extra points for going over on the creative goal, i just like any excuse to put rainbows on anything. 🤣 May this be a lesson in procrastination as well, hehe. 

On 6/25/2020 at 4:18 PM, mom2sjm said:

Looks like a good plan!  What is the 7-minute workout?  I'm currently doing darebee "plan b" workout 3x weekly and daily walking.

i use to do some darebee workouts, but i've been (for the time being) doing some custom workouts targeting one section per workout, and no actual rest period. I have a bit of a library from over the years from different sources though. I figured if I do feel bored I'd check out darebee again, so i'll make sure to check out plan b. I recall really liking the Shield Maiden one 🤔🤩

• Like 2

Week 2 I just barely missed my workout and calorie goals due to celebrating a bit too much on the 4th of July with the moscow mules and mojitos 😑 ....oops. Aside from that, this week was less of a struggle. One thing i noticed is my caffeine consumption has become a bit unruly. It's not been a calorie problem, just a having-panic-attacks-when-im-trying-to-fall-asleep-at-night problem. 😐 Those Celsius drinks are rather addicting though i get a bit of a headache later on... On the 4th I tried grilling out for the first time and surprised myself with a good job on everything haha. Will definitely grill more in the future as it was so good, I didn't feel the need for sauces or extra calories. just a hot, fluffy bowl of rice 🖤😄😊

Level 2 Complete - Final Score:

Calorie Goal: 4/5 💔

Takeout Goal: 4/4 💚

Workout Goal: 4/5 💔

Creative Goal: 6/6 💚

NF Status Update Goal: 💚

Nothing big to report other than I've been focusing on my art and not letting myself get so distracted by other things. I have a 2020 end of year goal of having 5 strong portfolio pieces, and one short one-shot comic to the clean-up stage if not totally done, and two others with at least locked scripts. Milestones for these might be integrated into future challenges. Now on to week 3!!!!! Best of luck to anyone reading this :)

• Like 1

Week 3 Update:

OMG. I'm updating on Sunday when I'm actually suppose to. First time in several weeks hahah, a testament to it having been a good one as far as my goals are concerned. I actually did no less than 2 hrs of creative time (even 4 or more on some days), but this caused me to be exhausted near the end of the week. I've been overall about not doing hyper focus sessions all evening/night, but Wednesday was a bad day. On the bright-side, that really pushed me to be productive at work and creatively as I was "rage-imating" (angry animating) all day, and digital painting all evening/night until around midnight.

What sparked this was the final straw at work with very unprofessional coworkers I'm tired of dealing with. I won't go into details, but I will say its simply not a place I will grow or flourish at. Assessing my portfolio and animation reel, some of my creative energy will have to be diverted to getting a new job as soon as possible, despite the current pandemic. This will make it more of a challenge, but its honestly the step up I've been needing to make for a while instead of holding myself back out of doubt. Just going over my sketchbook I picked back up last July to the work I've been doing recently, I've seen a lot of improvement. Over the past couple of challenges (the current is my third), I've been able to keep myself on track and learn how to balance progress with self care and self love. I've experienced a night and day difference from where I was a few years ago.

With that rambling out of the way here are my Week 3 results:

Level 3 Complete - Final Score:

Calorie Goal: 5/5 💚

Takeout Goal: 4/4 💚

Creative Goal: 6/6 💚 (technically 11 recorded hrs!)

Calming down now days after, I have to take this experience at work as a blessing in disguise. What else would've kicked me in the pants and made me move on as I should? Here's to a better week, and hopefully just as productive or even more. Happy week 4 everyone! :) 🖤💜💙💚💛🧡❤️🖤

• Like 2

Whoaaaaa just realized it's wednesday which is cut-off day for status update! Whoops! 😅 

Week 4 Update:

So close to finishing draft 2 of my script, just have 2.5 scenes left to edit after transferring it to a new program. I've been on a good drawing kick as well working on a digital painting that seems to be going well. Food-wise, trying to reign in the carbs starting week 4, but not much headway there. Week 5 started by practically blowing my calorie goal off-days so this will be interesting! I'm thinking next challenge I'll need to start tracking macros though because I've gotten too casual with carbs much of this summer. My routine I found early in quarantine seems to no longer be gelling with me, so it looks like a lot of reassessment is in order over the next week or two. 😐 Other than I'm super tired because I keep waking up at 6 am this week no matter what time I go to bed, it feels like this challenge is looking up... May I not jinks it.

Level 4 Complete - Final Score:

Calorie Goal: 5/5 💚

Takeout Goal: 2/4 💚

Creative Goal: 8/6 💚