Inazea Crawls Out Of Her Den

Inazea

d7i06j2-209054b9-be1e-46b0-aa61-ffbe4dc1

I kinda fell off the face of the earth in the middle of the last challenge I participated in due to depression reasons. I'd be lying if I said I am much better but that's where this challenge comes in!

This is going to be less about physical fitness and more about making sure I'm not just doing the bare minimum but obviously moving my body is part of it. This is about self care (and I don't mean the "breathe for 10 minutes" kind of self care), treating myself like a human and not like a pet rock sitting on a window sill collecting dust. This is about breaking the vicious cycle of feeling too bad to do anything and feeling worse because I'm not doing anything.

Short summary of my last months added as spoiler.

Spoiler

A few months ago I moved into a small-ish apartment with my two cats, there are still things that are not done yet because I cannot do them alone, unfortunately I don't have reliable people in my life apart from my boyfriend who is currently in another country (wonder where my depression comes from, huh?) and the guy who did want to help me decided he'd rather sexually harass me and I prefer to not have a functioning work space in the kitchen than be around that. Since I'm already prone to depression that put me in a rather terrible head space so the past months have been... eh.

So this challenge I will:

• make sure all the dishes are cleaned after dinner
  • exercise every morning - Feel like doing 30 minutes of rigorous exercising? Awesome! Feel like dancing for 5 minutes and call it a day? Great!
  • stretch after exercising and to wind down before bed
  • cook at least one proper meal made from fresh ingredients a day
  • do mealplans for the whole week on Sundays
  • deep clean my apartment on Sundays
  • turn off all screens at 10pm
  • have one hour of play time with my cats every day 
  • finish reading one book
  • check bank statement once a week and make adjustments to budget if necessary
  • figure out and write down all my stressors - I won't aim for working on them right away, it's just necessary to have a clear overview of what "bigger" things might be contributing to my depression so that in the future I can eliminate them as much as possible

Here is to a great challenge!

• Like 1

Yesterday's recap:

• all dishes cleaned after dinner: not done
  • exercise in the morning: done
  • stretch after exercise: done
  • stretch before bed to wind down: done
  • cook at least one proper meal: not done 
  • turn off all screens at 10 pm: done
  • one hour of play time with the cats: done (technically not done but not because of me, after about half an hour playing with each of them they decided they don't need me anymore and chased each other but there were also loads of cuddles and a bit more chasing around before bed so I still count it as done)

Diet is a huge downfall for me at the moment, yesterday I basically just ate all the unhealthy leftovers but I only bought healthy and fresh foods so unless I want to go to the store again (spoiler alert: I don't) I am forced to cook properly so that's good! 

Nice job for your start!  Looks like you have a solid plan for your diet shift moving forward.

Self care is AWESOME 

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

So the past few days went well in regards to my goals, I always cleaned the dishes which gave me a nice boost in the morning (who knew not seeing dirty dishes first thing in the morning could lift the mood so much?), Wednesday I did not exercise but I did yesterday and today and did all the stretches.

Play time has been a bit less than usual but I increased cuddle time but it's not the same sooo... Also succeeded at turning off all screens except for yesterday, I had really bad anxiety when I went to bed and watched youtube videos for a while to distract myself.

The cooking went better too, it's not quite my usual diet but the main goal here is to make me eat regular proper food that fills me so I count that as done.

• Like 1

Today I actually had the energy to deep clean my whole apartment so that's nice! The past days have also gone very well, I have made some improvements in my eating and thanks to my meal plan I have a few nice dishes to look forward to during this week!

• Like 1
On 6/26/2020 at 3:13 PM, Inazea said:

(who knew not seeing dirty dishes first thing in the morning could lift the mood so much?),

I forget where I read this, but a woman wrote a blog, and was like "if you do nothing else before bed, do your dishes and clean your sink."  Like you, I didn't understand the profound difference this would have for me.  It's seriously so much better to wake up to, so I understand.

3 hours ago, Inazea said:

Today I actually had the energy to deep clean my whole apartment so that's nice!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Things continue to look up!

I am still successful in cleaning everything up after dinner, I am eating proper food and regular meals (which gives me more energy? Wow, what a thing unheard of.)

I'm doing exercises, sometimes more, sometimes less but I am doing them along with the stretches. BUT I suck at turning off all screens at 10 pm and I'm reading less than I would like but I am on track to finish the book by the end of the challenge anyways. 

Playing with my cats is lots of fun if they're into it though sometimes it feels like they think they have to do it to entertain me and then it turns into me and the cats sitting across from each other lazily rolling a ball around.

My budgeting works better than I thought it would and at the end of this month I will be officially debt free which in itself is a great thing but it also means come next month I have a higher budget for myself, whoop whoop!

• Like 1