Harder to Kill

Welcome to my new Log.  My old log was a little disjointed and abandoned for 4 years.  When I came back I decided to do the challenges, so I am spending my regular time posting in challenges (can be tracked on my signature) and my fitness related adventures will be tracked here.  I will check in here at least weekly with snapshots of my training logs, and try to keep up with some transformation photos.  It's a pain to measure myself so measurements are out, pictures are the way to go for me.  I have an athletic background, but have fallen into a bunch of gym-bro related workouts, become incredibly anterior-dominant (tight pecs -- I'm working on those with some Supple Leopard mobility work), and tight quads from front squats.  I'm switching back to back squats now with a transition back to GSLP.

My GSLP progression is going to look a little funky because I put my bench where I felt it belonged to start, while I totally rebooted squats and deadlifts because I want to work my technique while the weight is light.  With the burnout sets of GSLP and how that impacts progression, the weight will catch up soon enough.  I am pretty stiff and lack hip external rotation to go with my pec issues, so my form is all over the place and I know it.

Okay, here goes, spoiler tag for beginning photos.

Beginning stats: 168 lbs, BIA bathroom scale I have places me around 19% BF, but I'd eyeball myself closer to 22-23%.

Front Relaxed/Flexed:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6ea3d3468b40fdb133b390d54d90155a.pngimage.thumb.png.7e8e4eb877e0e8c981f588ceea443195.png

Side: Relaxed/Flexed

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0107125249d4f81c296bd520c47b7145.pngimage.thumb.png.d7e7a9611731fc8771f593b4a999874d.png

Back Relaxed/Flexed

Spoiler

image.png.6f2d19b66161623bdedce6fdf8fea1b1.pngimage.thumb.png.bb7a70600bbc65f345d1b7cfe8bb67c4.png

Fledgling Leg Flex

Spoiler

image.png.ea8bdacbdaf5a02d87037c04b4a37c9f.png

Finally, a quick shot of my workout ledger this week.  Dealing with some recurring tendonitis on my left triceps, so I scrapped dips Friday and probably will again Wednesday, depending on how I feel.  Will definitely not use weight if I do them at all.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.16e99ab361a6284d57dbdd5d7006234a.png

In the event this approach is flagged for too many pictures or size or something, my lifts currently are (in lbs); Overhead Press (80), Chinups (+2.5), Squats (55), Deadlift (65), BP (185).  Adding bonus work currently of Pushups, Single leg bridges, planks, and Yates Rows.

Training Log/Progress Pics: Harder to Kill

Current Challenge: Zach from Water, to Water

Challenge History: 1 2 3 4 

Just a quick update to my progress, here's my workouts through 7/1.  I am getting pretty impatient with Deadlifts, and resisting the urge to tinker with the program and make it into a A/B program instead of squat/dead/squat for the week.  Going to take forever to get my deadlift up.  What I'm thinking I might do is compromise, and add 20 lbs per deadlift workout until it gets difficult.  Right now it's just laughably light, and through my form check post I think I've made all the corrections I can until the weight gets challenging again.

Spoiler for workout log pic.

Spoiler

0?ui=2&ik=89dafd8cd0&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1671132925550514145&th=17310e8aafe5cfe1&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8O-EgT0eQnWIMmVrbAG4PPhAC_2UOrMu8ceaJCL0eQUt9yBuMzRx5ocBGHW-YWq_bHMvBOiJ1aRwFMB4HuLgshbhnnGEATxjwj8xJ-EI-yfDdiBIiDafWnK4g&disp=emb

Training Log/Progress Pics: Harder to Kill

Current Challenge: Zach from Water, to Water

Challenge History: 1 2 3 4