Hey everyone, I wanted to join up because I just really dig this idea and what you all are doing here.  As for my nerd card, I grew up playing Final Fantasy games and currently run a D&D game in a custom world of my own design.  I like to dabble with many different things but my two biggest tools of choice are barbells and Indian clubs.  

I know that Indian clubs are not very well known but they are basically heavy, juggling pin looking things, that you swing and create the resistance from the resultant momentum.  

I don't have much need for motivation or inspiration but I would love to be in this community and around for any inspiration or motivation I can provide.  

Welcome!

15 minutes ago, swingambitious said:

I don't have much need for motivation or inspiration but I would love to be in this community and around for any inspiration or motivation I can provide.  

You may find that you are inspired in spite of yourself if you drop in on enough challenges. Are you planning to run a challenge yourself?

Thanks for the welcome!

And yeah, I've been checking out the rules around the 4 weeks challenges and yeah I think that's a great place for me to start.  I've been reading through each of the guilds and a lot of the rules and the FAQ sections.  I'm sort of making sure I know how to cross the t's and dot the i's right now but yeah I think I'm going to start thinking about some good concepts for a 4 week challenge.  

My advice is just jump in and start in a level 1 challenge.  I started during the last week of the last challenge, you don't have to start right at the beginning (though the newest challenge technically just started?).  Set some goals and chip away at some things while you see what other people are working on too, it will help give you ideas.

I respect the clubs.  I have far too many slipping-related accidents with kettlebells, battle ropes, and even barbells to be responsible for swinging the clubs around.  Did you grow your hair out like this guy?  I can't imagine the pain if he got the hair caught in the swirling madness.

Training Log/Progress Pics: Harder to Kill

Current Challenge: Zach from Water, to Water

Challenge History: 1 2 3 4 

5 hours ago, swingambitious said:

I'm sort of making sure I know how to cross the t's and dot the i's right now but yeah I think I'm going to start thinking about some good concepts for a 4 week challenge.  

Just don't let perfectionism stop you getting started. It doesn't need to be fancy. The basic goals recommendations are:

The basic guideline of the 4 Week Challenge is simple:   Pick 3 diet and/or fitness quests, and one level up your life quest, and work to complete them over the next four weeks.   A quest is simply a goal that you'd like to complete.

The planning sheets help you pick the goals that will get you to where you want to be long-term by turning long-term nebulous goals into SMART actionable items. You can pick more (or fewer) goals, and don't have to stick to the fitness theme. But that is a very good structure for a first challenge while you figure out what works for you.

Otherwise, I think the only important forum rules are don't advertise and don't be a jerk. Sounds like you've got those down. :)