Latrop's Keep on Moving

Latrop

So this 5 week challenge is going to be a tough one to keep up with. It's going to be a hectic few weeks. I'm getting back to traveling, but not in my normal manner. My normal is flying Monday and Thursday, on site and in a hotel Monday-Thursday and home Friday-Sunday. This schedule has now turned into 2 days of driving, 8 days of work and then somehow getting home (yup I'm 1000 miles from home, am leaving in just over a week, and my company hasn't figured out how I'm getting home). I don't know what I'm doing next week let alone a few weeks from now. I normally use consistency in my schedule to keep me exercising and I always struggle when it changes. Yea, this is going to be tough

So here is my overarching goal for this challenge: do stuff

Rather than setting aggressive goals and then giving up when I don't get close I'm going to leave everything flexible and try to just keep moving

• Goal 1: do some form of exercise for 15 days over the next 5 weeks, doing at least one thing per week
    • Ideally that would be at least 1 running and 2 lifting per week, but we'll see how that works
    • Stretch goal: lift 3 times per week and run 3 times per week (and catch up with being behind for the NF5k training)
  • Goal 2: Track my water at work and fill my pitcher at home
    • If I'm not careful I won't drink enough water, but if I make sure I always have some next to me I should be fine. Tracking at work and filling a pitcher at home are things I've found to be effective
  • Goal 3: Take a dance class
    • Originally this goal was going to be a mental health goal to do each week, I'll still try that, but let's start with one

Lame goals, but they will prevent me from doing nothing!

So far it's going okay

I've done 3 exercise days: 1 lifting, 1 running, and 1 dancing. None of them were particularly good but I did them none the less

I've been kind of tracking water. I say kind of because for 2/4 days I was at half my goal and 1/4 days I was a a quarter and I'm hoping I actually drank more water than that and just didn't record it

As for dancing, I didn't take a class but I did dance. I actually found a video that has the choreography from a combo that I loved that I learned at an nycda dance competition in 2012. It was great to be able to do that combo again, even if it shows how much better shape I was in at 18 lol

I'm chugging along. I just need to figure out this new normal. At least I finally figured out how I'm getting home on Wednesday! Just booked my flight

• Like 1

Week 2 update:

The exercise slowed down a bit last week. I did 1 dance class and 1 lifting. I had a lot of trouble convincing myself to run in 90F weather. But I'm getting ready to go run now so I'll have a good start to the 4 I need to do this week to make up for a lost one last week.

Water drinking has been on and off. I didn't fill my pitcher while at home and only realized around 4 pm that I hadn't had any water all day. Pitcher filling now so I'm working on that.

Man I am not good at keeping healthy when my schedule changes

• Like 1
On 7/5/2020 at 10:15 AM, Latrop said:

Man I am not good at keeping healthy when my schedule changes

I feel this.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:15 AM, Latrop said:

I had a lot of trouble convincing myself to run in 90F weather.

I always think maybe I'll get up and go early, and then I laugh at my own joke.  It's just so gross and takes too long no matter what speed I can pull off.

Week 3 and 4 update

Yup, funky new schedule threw me for a loop. I haven't even thought about about this for the past 2 weeks. Let's see how I did...

Goal 1:

Looks like I did 1 workout, 2 runs, 4 walks and 1 dance class. That's 8 more bringing me to 13. Only 2 to go! I can definitely do that this week.

Goal 2: 

I definitely haven't filled my water pitcher since I got home 4 days ago. Working on that. 6 out of 7 days I recorded (at least some) of my water while traveling!

Goal 3: I believe last week was my 3rd dance class. Maybe I'll even be able to do one in person in 2 weeks!

• Like 1

Week 5 update

Goal 1: DONE!

Apparently I lifted once, ran once, and walked once. That's 16 over 5 weeks!

Goal 2: meh

I filled my pitcher most days. Remembering to drink when I'm home is not my strong suit

Goal 3: DONE!

No additional dance classes, but I've done 3 in the past 5 weeks. Win!

Yup this is it. I got about what I expected out of this month. Next month will be better goals and progress will be made!