• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Red1263

Red1263 tries to touch his TOES!

41 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

You've forgotten about me, because I'm not important in your life :P But I forgive you.

Fake News! it's  just that summer only lasts 1 week around here, so I need to enjoy the sun while I can

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Ha ha ha, very well then. She's my sister's coworker although they don't work together directly, and based on what my sister knows about her in their conversations, she feels like we're very similar on various levels and that in either a romantic or platonic relationship, that she felt like she needs to introduce the two of us. Now my sister had never done this before, and I trust her very much, so I told her I was all for it. For the date itself, She's a lot of fun, she literally runs a steel mill, she's a Scout (by NF standards), but she's got some muscles on her. We were chatting and walking around Lowe's for about 3-4 hours (because that was literally the only thing we could walk around in), we were laughing the whole time and getting to know each other. It's a bit early to say whether or not there's any romantic feelings, but one thing is for certain is that I really like talking to her. She's fun to talk to and I'd like to get to know her better.

That's MUCH better, thank you. :) Glad you were able to at least have fun chatting! She sounds like an interesting sort of person, for sure. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Fake News! it's  just that summer only lasts 1 week around here, so I need to enjoy the sun while I can

Faking It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You're ok, I'm glad you had fun when you got the chance to.

7 hours ago, Manarelle said:

That's MUCH better, thank you. :) Glad you were able to at least have fun chatting! She sounds like an interesting sort of person, for sure. 

Man, twist my arm, why don't you? I did had a lot of fun, if given a chance to hang out again, I'd take it.

• Like 4

Gah! Sorry about this guys! I have been... distracted lately.

Over the weekend I haven't done anything physically challenge related, save for the Virtual 5K that just transpired. So let's go over the rest of the goals

1. Toe touching 
    1. Benchmark:
      1. All benchmarks have been completed
    2. 30 mins done? Will be done today
      1. Light warm-up
      2. 1st set: Standing hamstring stretch, Downward Dog, Triangle Pose, sitting Hamstring Stretch, Forward Lunges
      3. 5 min break to die for a little bit
      4. 2nd set: Standing toe touch, Cat/Camel, Butterfly Stretch, Star Stretch, Moon the Sky stretch, Side Lunges
    3. Notes
  2. Signs of Life - Still on Guardian Angels
  3. Keeping a food journal: 
    1. Yesterday
      1. Breakfast: coffee
      2. Work
      3. Snacks: None
      4. Lunch: An orange and my turkey meatballs in sriracha/molasses sauce (meal prep), and a Cheezits trail mix packet
      5. Snack: None
      6. Dinner: Breakfast for Dinner (3 Hash browns, 3-4 pieces of Bacon, and 2 eggs)
    2. Today: 
      1. Breakfast: Coffee
      2. Work
      4. Lunch: Orange, Cheezit packet, Breakfast Burrito and leftover Stir fry shrimp with broccoli and rice
  4. Basic workout - Done? No. Will be done tomorrow.
  • Like 5

Helloooo :) 

My reason for not following yet is because I went from Hermit to Social Butterfly in a couple of days and my social energy has been low the past week (after all the meetings with friends and family). Even online social energy 😅

Doing well! Keep it up. This Youtuber posted a progress video that I wanted to share with you for motivation if you want it ^_^

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

... I- I don't understand what that means? Is there something on my face?

3 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Helloooo :) 

My reason for not following yet is because I went from Hermit to Social Butterfly in a couple of days and my social energy has been low the past week (after all the meetings with friends and family). Even online social energy 😅

Doing well! Keep it up. This Youtuber posted a progress video that I wanted to share with you for motivation if you want it ^_^

There's no need to apologize, you've done nothing wrong. Focus on what's important to you first, I'm not exactly going anywhere anytime soon :P So you're ok.

Thank you for the video, although her progress is YEARS beyond me, I don't think I'll ever catch up to something like that, ha ha!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 7:08 PM, Red1263 said:

I- I don't understand what that means? Is there something on my face?

Quit stalling & spill, lol! Is it possible that you're distracted by a romance brewing?😝 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Quit stalling & spill, lol! Is it possible that you're distracted by a romance brewing?😝 

Zen Wistalia GIF - Zen Wistalia Anime - Discover & Share GIFs ...

OK OK! Fine! You've twisted my arm! Yes, it was the same girl that I went on the blind date with. We hit it off pretty well and have kept in touch, since I don't want to be distracted while talking to her, I've kinda pushed back my challenge >.> It might be too early to say "romance" But I will admit that on my end, it's starting to feel that way. Our humors are very similar, she's really down to earth, and ultimately, I like talking to her. It feels like I've known her for a long time despite the fact that we barely just met.

OK Now for Challenge-related talk. These last few days I've been... dis-- errr busy, going back and forth between Nevada and California. I had a last minute business meeting that made me lose 2 days. Tuesday, I was able to do both my stretches and my Workout in one exhausting day. Wednesday and Thursday were spent driving back to California (which is ~4 hours) spending a little time with the family before my Magitek business meeting and then drive back to Nevada which is an additional 4 hours. So that's 2 days lost, but for the magitek business, it was worth it! So without further ado...

1. Toe touching 
    1. Benchmark:
      1. All benchmarks have been completed
    2. 30 mins done? Yes and also will be done today
      1. Light warm-up
      2. 1st set: Standing hamstring stretch, Downward Dog, Triangle Pose, sitting Hamstring Stretch, Forward Lunges
      3. 5 min break to die for a little bit
      4. 2nd set: Standing toe touch, Cat/Camel, Butterfly Stretch, Star Stretch, Moon the Sky stretch, Side Lunges
    3. Notes
  2. Signs of Life - Guardian Angels are a staple in the Bible and in pretty much most of Christianity. The name is a translation which stands for "Messenger" and they're as common as you'd think, which is surprizing. I also learned that when one of the apostles was incarcerated, people were expecting his personal/Guardian angel to show up rather than the apostle himself! But they come in various shapes and sizes from the classic human with wings to something you'd see in DnD: Angels: Seraphim | Paul the Poke And yet, as these are beings assigned to us by God Himself, they should be treated with the same respect because they try to watch over us and guide us towards God
  3. Keeping a food journal: 
    1. Yesterday
      1. Breakfast: coffee and an Egg, Bacon provolone cheese sammich. 
      2. Magitek Meeting
      4. Lunch: Pancho's Burrito from Little Green Onions restaurant (Burrito had shredded beef, rice, beans, guac, cheese with red salsa)
      5. Snack/Dinner: Grab bag of snacks was given to me which consisted of: Grilled cheese sandwich with Roast beef, 2 Nutrigrain bars (I only ate one), Nutter butter snack pack, 2 packs of gummies (again, I only ate one) something sweet that was like toasted thin slices of bread and 2 tootsie roll pops.
    2. Today: 
      1. Breakfast: Coffee
      2. Work
      4. Lunch: Breakfast burrito (meal prep), 2nd Nutrigrain bar, 2nd pack of gummies. 
  4. Basic workout - Done? Yes. Will be done tomorrow.

So I believe this might be where my challenge ends. Tomorrow is my last day, and what I'm going to do is come home, take a shower, pack some clothes and head back out to California for a week to start packing up my stuff for the big move I'm going to do into my own (or possibly shared with my best friend) place. So I won't return until the 2nd, in which the next challenge will most likely have already started by then.

Edited by Red1263
UPDATE
  • Like 6

🤗 So fun. And you have such a good attitude 💪 May it work out as it is supposed to :) Which is a silly thing to say because does it not always? But that is what came to me haha 

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 10:09 PM, Red1263 said:

OK OK! Fine! You've twisted my arm! Yes, it was the same girl that I went on the blind date with. We hit it off pretty well and have kept in touch, since I don't want to be distracted while talking to her, I've kinda pushed back my challenge >.> It might be too early to say "romance" But I will admit that on my end, it's starting to feel that way. Our humors are very similar, she's really down to earth, and ultimately, I like talking to her. It feels like I've known her for a long time despite the fact that we barely just met.

Hahaha, first off, congrats, and I'm glad it's going well! Being comfortable around someone is a great sign. 

Secondly, dude, come on. You should know that people (particularly ladies, but I don't want to be sexist) can smell budding romances involving their friends a mile away, no matter how much you try to prevaricate. Keeping fingers crossed for you, but it sounds like you guys might not need extra help. ;) 

Solid work on the challenge, despite the... distraction. Good luck with the move!

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 9:25 PM, Elastigirl said:

Well done on the challenge.And yay for romance in the air!

Thank you!

On 7/24/2020 at 9:55 PM, Aθena said:

🤗 So fun. And you have such a good attitude 💪 May it work out as it is supposed to :) Which is a silly thing to say because does it not always? But that is what came to me haha 

Ha ha ha, you're fine! I hope it does work out, I just have to remember NOT to screw it up :P Simple, right?

On 7/27/2020 at 6:26 AM, Manarelle said:

Hahaha, first off, congrats, and I'm glad it's going well! Being comfortable around someone is a great sign. 

Secondly, dude, come on. You should know that people (particularly ladies, but I don't want to be sexist) can smell budding romances involving their friends a mile away, no matter how much you try to prevaricate. Keeping fingers crossed for you, but it sounds like you guys might not need extra help. ;) 

Solid work on the challenge, despite the... distraction. Good luck with the move!

OK 1) I... Really?

and 2) I have no idea what prevaricate means!

and 3) Thank you!

OK So since the next challenge has already started, I'm going to just wrap up my challenge here, and go over the goals I had.

1. Toe touching - at least 30 mins of pure stretching, I'll start with the NF Flexibility benchmarks to get an accurate assessment of where I'm at and then go from there.
    1. Goal met? Although I didn't get a chance to re-do the benchmarks, I can happily say that I can touch my toes standing.
  2. Signs of Life - I recently got a book that shows through scripture why Catholic traditions are the way they are. I'll admit whenever someone asks me why I do a certain ritual, or where is it in the bible, I have no answer, so I'm going to fix that.
    1. Goal met? Although I was a bit slacking in this goal, I did learn quite a bit about my own faith, to the point where I can make it a hobby. But still I think I slacked off more than I should've have.
  3. Keeping a food journal - I don't think I've ever done this before, but I want to see how I can improve my eating, but I need to keep track of what I eat for now. I'll just report what was consumed.
    1. Goal met? Except for the time when I had to immediately and suddenly drive off I think I did a good job at this goal!
  4. Basic workout - Along with my stretching, I'm going to resume my workout per hour. Push-ups, Bodyweight Squats, and planks. 3 sets minimum, 25 reps each set.
    1. Goal met? I missed this goal a bit more often than I'd like. Like the Signs of Life goal, I slacked off far too often when I should've buckled down more.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Although I was a bit slacking in this goal, I did learn quite a bit about my own faith, to the point where I can make it a hobby. But still I think I slacked off more than I should've have.

It's always important to know why a tradition is the way it is. :) Not just to be able to provide answers to the non-initiated but also for your own benefit. Meaning, I really enjoyed reading the bits you shared. 

I wish I could have a clone I could sync myself up with so I could also pursue a theological studies of some kind (specific or comparative) but oh well :D

Fun fact: a legal degree is called LL.B/LL.M (double L and pronounced master of LawS) because for the longest while, you could not be a proper lawyer without knowing both Canonical and Roman/Local laws (so plural by default)... You know, no seperation between church and state and lots of land owners being bishops and the like in big parts of Europe :) Do not quote me on that exactly, I don't remember a lot from that history course :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

New challenge?

I'm still working on it!

15 hours ago, Aθena said:

It's always important to know why a tradition is the way it is. :) Not just to be able to provide answers to the non-initiated but also for your own benefit. Meaning, I really enjoyed reading the bits you shared. 

I wish I could have a clone I could sync myself up with so I could also pursue a theological studies of some kind (specific or comparative) but oh well :D

Fun fact: a legal degree is called LL.B/LL.M (double L and pronounced master of LawS) because for the longest while, you could not be a proper lawyer without knowing both Canonical and Roman/Local laws (so plural by default)... You know, no seperation between church and state and lots of land owners being bishops and the like in big parts of Europe :) Do not quote me on that exactly, I don't remember a lot from that history course :D

See, that's my thought process exactly, I felt kinda ashamed when I didn't know why we did what we did, despite the fact that other people claim that I'm very religious! 

Ha ha ha, but when you have to figure out who's turn it is to do the dishes, then there's a problem!

That was a fun fact, thank you!

11 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Redddd! Please tag me in your next challenge so I can stalk...oops I mean follow it. 😝

As soon as I get it up, I'll tag all of you guys!

... Wait, that didn't sound right.

• Haha 3