• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Madalin

How long can i build muscle with the same diet?

Hi,me again.

This time i m asking You...how long can You build muscle with the same diet?can i still build muscle after 7 month of eating the same food ,fats,calories,protein?

To build muscle you need to:

• be in a caloric surplus
  • program in progressive overloading (and likely some periodisation) in your resistance training
  • manage your recovery (eg. sleep, stress management, etc.)

So 'eating the same diet' is only one very small piece of the puzzle, and in and of itself doesn't offer enough info to tell.

• Like 1

Im curious about having to be in caloric surplus, what happens if you don't?

Also when the body expends more energy than you put in, how comes the body doesn't make you hungrier in order to get more energy?

3 hours ago, Xenicide said:

Im curious about having to be in caloric surplus, what happens if you don't?

Also when the body expends more energy than you put in, how comes the body doesn't make you hungrier in order to get more energy?

1. beginning lifters and people who are more overweight can gain muscle without a surplus. But as you get more advanced at lifting, or leaner, gains in at maintenance will slow down and plateau. 

2. when you expend more energy, you DO get more hungry. when you add exercise to your routine without changing anything else, of course your maintenance calories go up (and therefore, so does the number of calories you'd have to hit to be in a surplus)

• Like 1

If you don't provide the body with building blocks (ie. protein and extra calories) or a blueprint (ie. resistance training) it can't build stuff! Sometimes there are extra bricks hanging around (eg. excess bodyfat), but eventually you need to add new resources if you want to make progress.

As for hunger - that is a COMPLEX function, tied into several different hormonal cues and the response depends heavily on the individual history, genetic predisposition, existing hormonal profile, type of training, recovery habits, and type/amount/timing of food consumed.

Your question has already been answered above, I just want to emphasize that, unlike with exercise itself, you do not need to vary what you eat to keep improving. If you have healthy foods that you like to eat you can stick with them for as long as you like and keep improving. It's the amount of food you're consuming that you'll need to adjust depending on your goals.