• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fazer6

What sports bra do you wear?

I am  UK 30E, not sure what that is in American sizes but I am slender but have quite big boobs. My current bra takes a bit to get on and you need to be a contortionist. So ideally I'd like to get one which I can open up fully to get on normally in a normal amount of time and not risk getting stuck in it. I really need decent support though. What type of bras do you all wear that support a larger cup size but smaller band size, and I can get on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I believe @deftona might be able to offer advice. 

I believe you're right!

I very much recommend the Panache sports bras.

Panache Lace Sports bra Black/Latte - Brastop

They do a wired and a non wired version and they are both come with a racerback clip that really keeps the girls in place for that added element of hoiking them up, and they're really supportive. I prefer the shape of the wired because it keeps your boobs apart (SWEATY BOOBS TOUCHING IS JUST ICK) but the non wired has the benefit of you just being able to shove it in the washing machine without risking breaking it. They are pricey but they're definitely worth the investment. 

Another good option is Shock Absorber Active - but this is a compression type sports bra so it keeps ya boobies close to your body. The bonus is it does reduce bounce which is handy if you're exercising in public but a downside is it squishes them way down and also together. It's also good if you're doing something with lots of motion because there are no wires but they are still very supportive. 

Both of the above brands cater for your size, but if you wanted something else and wanted to go and see what's out there you need to be mindful of a few things. 

1. If you are going to be using it to do a lot of free movement based exercise (think yoga) then non wired might be more appropriate. Wired doesn't necessarily mean more support and non wired means no risk of jabs! 

2. Look where the seams are inside the cups. It might be ok on a normal bra but where those seams lie in relation to your nipples might be super bad news come the end of a long and sweaty workout. 

3. Make sure it fits properly! Sports bras can come up tighter than regular bras so it might be worth trying a sister size (up a band, down a cup so a 32DD) but your sports bras should feel a bit tighter than a normal bra to help reduce the bounce. Most of your support comes from around the band so make sure if you're trying the sister size it still feels nice and firm. Try it on and jump about in it to make sure the movement doesn't hurt (you won't get rid of movement altogether, they are definitely going to move, you just want to stop that horrible painful bounce)

4. there are padded and non padded ones. In a sports bra, the padding isn't to make you look bigger, it's to mould the cups and help add to the support. It also helps when it's cold and your nipples want to join the party. But they can make it a bit hotter and when you're planning to get sweaty this might be something to think about. 

I hope you find something that works for you! 

I do like the idea of the panache one with underwire. Yeah sweaty boobs touching is not nice, I'm not a fan of the mono boob.

I've just found the shock absorber reduced down to £10, and they've got some good walking shoes for me and trainers reduced so I'm going to put a bit of an order in.

I still don't get how because it's a gym walking round in just your bra is OK. I'm new to the whole gym and working out not in your house thing. But really walking round in a bra? I think it would have to be really hot for me to get my muffin top out.

I just double up with a normal underwire bra and a 'light compression' sports bra on top. I know that's generally not recommended, but it works for me!

That's a good idea. I'll have to try that. Wearing underwired bras while breastfeeding isn't recommended either but the special feeding bras are non wired and awful. Proper awful.  I actually cried when I tried one on. I just don't think boob should touch skin or it gets sweaty and uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, fazer6 said:

Wearing underwired bras while breastfeeding isn't recommended either but the special feeding bras are non wired and awful. Proper awful.  I actually cried when I tried one on. I just don't think boob should touch skin or it gets sweaty and uncomfortable.

Breast feeding bras that are wired are made with specially designed flexible wires and they aren't as rigid so as long as you're not advised to avoid wires by a medical professional, it's usually fine. 

Is it just me or does this not fit. I seem to have bits sticking out the side by my underarms. And a fair bit of cleavage. I could get it on without being a contortionist which was an improvement. But I'm not totally convinced there should be bits sticking out the side and stuff. Do you all have underarm fat in sports bras too? I ordered online because finding my size in a real shop is pretty much impossible and it was reuced to £10.

IMG_20200716_175629.jpg

1 hour ago, fazer6 said:

Is it just me or does this not fit. I seem to have bits sticking out the side by my underarms. And a fair bit of cleavage. I could get it on without being a contortionist which was an improvement. But I'm not totally convinced there should be bits sticking out the side and stuff. Do you all have underarm fat in sports bras too? I ordered online because finding my size in a real shop is pretty much impossible and it was reuced to £10.

IMG_20200716_175629.jpg

It's about two sizes too small in the cup.

• Like 1

I am sort of regularly asking myself if something is underarm fat or boob. I usually vote boob if I can fit it into the bra cup. Therefore if it does not go into it with another bra, the bra cup is too small :) Bras should form the body the way you want it, not you adapting to the underwear or bra (no matter how cute it is or how good the price was. I know. Sad times... :D )

Well they have the ultimate run ina  30F so I may exchange and see if that first better. The ultimate run looks like it means business. On here https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/sho117/shock-absorber-5044-ultimate-run-women's-sports-bra-2019/ it says certain styles come up small so they suggest going up a band size. Now I don't get why they can't just make all the bras fit the size they are meant for. Why make a sports bra and call it 32c if actually it fits people who are 30c better. This is why I hate bra shopping. I can only do it on the internet so getting the right size is hard. Which is why I just bought two new bras exactly the same size and style as the two bras I used to have which are now less elastic than they were. I am becomign a creature of habit. The bra I have fits my boobs nicely, it's just getting in and out that's hard.