Let's begin at the beginning

Hello. I'm cd667.

I'm a 42 year old man. I live in a small town on the edge of the Peak District, right in the middle of England.

I am a law nerd by day, I work in estate planning, Wills and Probate. In my own time, I'm a musician, nature lover, epic dog walker, amateur gardener and avid reader. I own a little campervan and when travel is possible, I like to decide to wake up somewhere else.

I've done a lot of things. I've been a traveller (I lived on a boat for 12 years), I've started businesses. I've met fantastic people.

My goals within the next five years are:

1. Sell my current business and spend the rest of my working life either working for or starting a charity helping other people in my local community. My job is interesting, but I really dislike the feeling of being a servant of the rich. I started this year by deciding to spend 20% of my working week volunteering at various organisations to build a bit of career capital and see where I could help.
  2. Lose 41kg/90lbs. I have had a very tough relationship with food, alcohol and my mental health all through my life. I've only ever had one period as an adult where I wasn't overweight. I understand myself a bit better now (thank you, therapists!), and I am getting better at food. I'm not much of a joiner, but I thought it might help to join a group and try being accountable.
  3. Become more flexible and strong. I spend a lot of time sat at a desk nowadays. Over the last couple of years, I have found myself walking like an old man. The town I live in is basically all narrow, steep hills and cobblestones. It's embarrassing to worry about falling over all the time, or struggle to carry shopping up to my house.
  4. Get some regular fitness back into my life. Before I owned a house, I was far less sedentary. I used to live on a mooring that was only reachable by canoe (late night trips home from the pub were hilarious and only rarely involved falling in). I used to cycle 300+ miles a week and at one point was nearly sponsored.  I really miss both of those things.
  5. Try some new activities. I fancy trying some sort of martial art. Some new sports.
  6. Make some new friends. Maybe you?

That's it, for now. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Stats as of today:

Height 178cm (5'10")

Weight 136kg (330ish lbs)