Bench Press: 45lb (bar)

Bent Over Rows: 45lbs (bar)

Deadlift: 100lbs

Overhead Press: 45lbs (bar)

Starting Goals

Deadlift 200 lbs

Go to gym 3 times a week no matter what

16/8 Intermittent Fasting continuous

Notes: It's so hard to write all this down knowing I was here so many years ago and was able to do this and maintain and felt great and strong. I joined NF in 2014 and this place had helped me so much. Even just as a place to write down my progress. Since then so much has happened and changed in my life, but I'm determined to get back to this. Today I completed my IF, went to the gym, and even made an old favorite smoothie I used to get at the gym in 2014. I'm doing this!

• Like 2

Rosiesan

Battle Log | MyFitnessPal | @kari_renae

Feeling good today. Work got busy yesterday so I wasn't able to do anything but I did stick to my 16:8 IF. I made it to the gym today and possibly going to take the dog on walk/job this afternoon if work doesn't get too busy.

SQ: 100lbs

OHP: 45lbs

DL: 95lbs

Since I'm just starting back up and I don't want to get discouraged I am taking it easy and slowly. Right now my focus is starting the routine and trying not to get too sore. The last few times I've attempted to restart a routine I pushed too hard right away and got too sore and used that as an excuse to skip.

Feels good to be back.

• Like 2

Rosiesan

Took the dog on a mile walk today and yesterday. Hoping I can keep this up, for his health and mine. I'm trying to avoid weighing in or measuring myself everyday. I know those things fluctuate and I don't want to get discouraged. I'm hoping on Wednesdays I can stick to as my weekly weigh-in and trust the effort and work. I'm definitely not feeling super sore, just little sore, and it's helping keep me encouraged that I can do this!

One day at a time.

• Like 2

Rosiesan

Made it to the gym, which is a win in and of itself. Had a meeting between 11 and 12:30 when I usually go, but the good news is that the gym was empty when I got there.

SQ: 105lbs 5x5

BP: 50lbs 5x5

BOR: 50lbs 5x5

I was pleasantly surprised at my benching. I always struggle with upper body but I wanted to push myself a bit and seemed to go well. I also have the weekend to recoup if I start to feel too sore.

There's a heat warning right now, but I'm going to try take the dog on a mile walk in an hour or so. My calves are not happy with me but to me that just means I really need to go out walking more. Hoping next week I can start added a bit of jogging into my walks.

My daughter has started getting real interested in "yoga". I say that because when I do offer to do some with her she just does her own thing. Oh well. Maybe her and I can try and do some more this evening before bed.

If I can keep this up I'm hoping to add a few more goals here and try and track that progress too but for now I'm going to focus all of my energy on continuing to go to the gym 3x a week, daily walks, and 16:8 IF.

• Like 1

Rosiesan

So this weekend was kind of a bust. Wasn't able to do my walks and yesterday I felt like I got hit but a bus so I ended up spending most of the day in bed. Today I feel a lot better though, even woke up early!

SQ: 110lb 5x5

OHP: 45lb 5x5

DL: 115lb 1x5

Gym felt good. Decided not to push on the overheads, but I did on the deadlifts. Hoping to take a mile walk this afternoon.

Gave my poor blender a workout today. On gym days I usually make a cinna-berry  protein shake, but my bananas were starting to go bad so I made a concentrated version of my shakes for the next couple of weeks to throw in the freezer. I wasn't thinking and I should have left the dry ingredients out until I actually made the shakes. Oh well.

• Like 1

Rosiesan

Yesterday was awful. I basically stayed in bed all day due to a migraine. Today I really did not want to go to the gym, but I made it. And if you saw me there I was obviously not happy to be there. The main reason I made it was to avoid "starting over" again. Glad I did, but man it was a struggle.

SQ: 115lb 5x5

BP: 50lb 5x5

BOR: 50lb 5x5

I was supposed to go skate the 20 mile trail with my friend this evening but I'm still drained for yesterday and probably wont be able to go.

I really need to get out of this funk my head is in. I just have no motivation to do anything, even basic things like shower and eat. I know I've always kind of dealt with these and I'm even on medication for them, but it feels like lately they are happening more frequently. I'm hoping staying on track with IF and working out will improve my overall health.

Oh yea, not sure if I shared that here but a few years ago I joined the local roller derby team. The team has had a rough few years and right as I was about to pass my skills I ended up breaking my leg at practice. The fallout from that and the following depression period lead to me still have not passing my skills. It's one of my biggest goals. Obviously right now with everything we can't even have practice let alone pass skills but I want to get to a point out of this where I'll feel confident enough to work on my skills again.

• Like 2

Rosiesan

I'm getting back into strength training after an unfortunate amount of break, too, so I wish you luck with that!

My daughter has started getting real interested in "yoga". I say that because when I do offer to do some with her she just does her own thing. Oh well. Maybe her and I can try and do some more this evening before bed.

How old is your daughter? We have some yoga apps and card games that my kid has found generally more engaging than traditional yoga instruction.

36 minutes ago, lauragee said:

I'm getting back into strength training after an unfortunate amount of break, too, so I wish you luck with that!

How old is your daughter? We have some yoga apps and card games that my kid has found generally more engaging than traditional yoga instruction.

Good luck to you too!

My oldest is 6 (almost 7!!) what apps and cards did you find? She might enjoy that more then my Daily Yoga app.

Rosiesan