• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'm sick of Covid and Covid accessories.

mostly-im-tired-of-people-being-ugly-to-

The vitriol has become more tiresome than the virus.

I also work as a hospital chaplain, so there we are. My wife is a High School Spanish Teacher, and school will "Start" during this challenge, though at minimum the first three weeks will be online. 

However, life still happens. I've taken my warning signs of pre-diabetes seriously, and plan to continue with that by cooking at home as much as possible, eating out as little as possible (which includes delivery of prepared food), and having as little sugar as possible. I plan to do Kettlebells following Nerd Fitness' Beginner KB workout, and to do yoga. If the budget allows it, I'll get the bike I was given last challenge set up and buy a helmet and start riding some.

• Like 27

At least we all tend to be awesome to each other in our little corner of cyberspace. Mahoosive hugs to you, my friend. 

• Like 9

22 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I'm tired of all things Covid myself.  Totally lame-o

Here for this challenge which totally isn't lame :) 

You've looked down on the virus ever since it went mainstream.

14 hours ago, deftona said:

At least we all tend to be awesome to each other in our little corner of cyberspace. Mahoosive hugs to you, my friend. 

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, darkfoxx said:

Yep. Right there with ya on the disappointment re: humanity. Hugs, my friend. Socially distant hugs. 

I think all cyber hugs are socially distant, and thank you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Personally, this year still has last year beat by a very long shot...but I'm still over all things Covid 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, RES said:

Personally, this year still has last year beat by a very long shot...but I'm still over all things Covid 

I think we had very different experiences of 2019...

1 hour ago, foxinthenorth said:

I am also tired of people being ugly to each other and I’m also just tired. I got some really good coffee beans yesterday, though....

tenor.gif?itemid=11117339

9 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

HUGS

You got this! Those goals are great and totally do-able in these uncertain times. 

I hope so, they're the same goals I've been using all year more or less.

• Like 2

Hi there!

I feel you on being just done. I'd log out of Facebook and completely distance myself from social media if it wasn't for my job requiring me to have access to it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope so, they're the same goals I've been using all year more or less.

consistency in uncertain times is wise. 

• Like 2

Also tired of Covid. Also tired of people being ugly to one another.

Also following :D 

...and astounded that, for the first time ever, I've managed to get here early enough to be on the first page!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Hi there!

I feel you on being just done. I'd log out of Facebook and completely distance myself from social media if it wasn't for my job requiring me to have access to it. 

I know that feel.

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

consistency in uncertain times is wise. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

Also tired of Covid. Also tired of people being ugly to one another.

Also following :D 

...and astounded that, for the first time ever, I've managed to get here early enough to be on the first page!

Welcome to the first page!

56 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Adding to the hugs!

Thank you!

54 minutes ago, Big_Show said:

Yet another person fed up of Covid here.  Hope your challenge goes well mate.

Holy Crap! Big Show on the first day of zero week! AWESOME.

Also,

DAMMIT BIG SHOW!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think we had very different experiences of 2019...

That we did my friend...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I'm joining the "sick of COVID" club!  Happy Challenge.  Glad Sra. Tanque will be at home for 3 weeks!!

It's probably gonna be a big club.

30 minutes ago, RES said:

That we did my friend...

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

4 minutes ago, foxinthenorth said:

These be the beans. I use an aeropress and got a fabulous cup on my first try. I also tried them as pour over, iced, from the shop when I bought the bag. 👌

That sounds amazing. When I want to make coffee that takes effort (as opposed to using the Keurig) I tend to be a French Press user.

• Like 1

bottoms-up

I’m kinda Sick of everything right now.  Including, but not limited to:unemployed husbands and moody teenaged boys.  I would like to just check of of this hellish hotel, please. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I’m kinda Sick of everything right now.  Including, but not limited to:unemployed husbands and moody teenaged boys.  I would like to just check of of this hellish hotel, please. 

I missed that your husband is unemployed. I hope things get better soon.

Today is a good day. Last night, however...

Little Bit woke up in the night screaming and took forever to go back down. Once again she did the thing where she'd calm down if I held her, and might even go in the bed, but she kept stirring, and if I left the room she started screaming again. We realized it was neither hunger nor discomfort because we had done what would help with that. It was separation anxiety. Eventually we had to let her cry it out. We started out by letting her be in her room for five minutes at a time before I went in to comfort her, then I went back out again. This went on for a while, and I started adding a minute to each break. It got stretched out to ten minutes between interventions before she finally fell asleep on her own. We slept in till about 9, which still gave us time to watch church online. During the day the baby was happy and cute, which helped. I made lunch, which was a shells and cheese recipe with kale. It was only just ok, the kale was too strong. It would have been better if it were wilted spinach. We took a short walk in the afternoon, going as far as we could till Sra. Tanque started to feel it in her ankle then we turned around. It was half a mile or less in total. Dinner was simple, fried egg sandwiches. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • That's Metal 1

10 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I missed that your husband is unemployed. I hope things get better soon.

It was by choice.  The company he worked for was being unethical, and refusing to change it/totally ignoring it.  We will be fine, unless I go postal...........just kidding.  I think. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That sounds amazing. When I want to make coffee that takes effort (as opposed to using the Keurig) I tend to be a French Press user.

I used my French press the other day but with some beans I got for cold brew (vs fancy single origin beans) and I was unimpressed. I've had good French press coffee at a restaurant, but apparently don't really have the knack for it at home, and don't usually bother when it's equal effort to the aeropress. I use it to make cold brew, though. And in case it isn't really clear already...I am totally a coffee snob hipster. I have a friend with whom I compare flavor notes and brew methods...

• Like 3

Joining the COVID blues, it feels like things are ramping up here and the light at the end of the tunnel is very small and a long way away. Sorry to read about your sleeping woes. We’re still in the new born phase so up and down all night is par for the course!

• Like 1