• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'm really happy you had access to that kind of support and help through a difficult situation to help you process. More than just having access, I'm glad you utilized that service and that it was effective.

But what I'm most happy about is bacon and this delicious sounding meal! :D Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better and back to making us all drool over your cooking ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Thanks Tank, it’s nice to hear about a hard situation handled so well. I hope you’re doing as okay as can be and very glad you had that support available. 

Two pages back you were talking about a parenting class (which sounded great!) and I thought you would appreciate the writing of Janet Lansbury. It has always helped me with some reminders of how we want to do things. Linking a random article;

https://www.janetlansbury.com/2012/11/tantrums-and-meltdowns-my-secret-for-staying-calm-when-my-kids-arent/

A quick read through of that article gives me a very good impression of her style.

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm really happy you had access to that kind of support and help through a difficult situation to help you process. More than just having access, I'm glad you utilized that service and that it was effective.

But what I'm most happy about is bacon and this delicious sounding meal! :D Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better and back to making us all drool over your cooking ;) 

Thank you, that's very kind. Bacon is awesome.

Today is a good day. I spent the day with Little Bit while Sra. Tanque was at work. She did really well today, taking two naps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The morning nap she put herself down on the floor. The afternoon nap there were some tears at first because she was already tired and didn't want to sleep, but she calmed down and knocked out. I've discovered a trick for naps. I don't take her upstairs anymore to nap in her room. I sit back with her in my recliner till she falls asleep, then lower the foot rest (they are electric, we inherited a sectional from my parents) and slide down to the floor, then set her down on the floor. Floor naps work way better than crib naps. For dinner I made chicken stir fry. I cooked some chicken thighs I cut up with kitchen shears in sesame oil, then added a frozen stir-fry-veggie mix, along with ginger paste, chopped scallions (the white parts) and minced garlic. I then added soy sauce, white wine vinegar, and some black bean garlic paste. Some liquid cooked off the veggies and chicken, so I added some cornstarch to thicken it and served it over rice. It was very good. I did some stretches while cooking.

After dinner I went to a meeting at our pastor's house for some leaders in the church and we had a good time seeing each other again. Our church is one of the last to go back to in person services in the area, partly because we rent space from a theater and they are being careful. Our first in person service will be the 13th of September. 

• Like 12

16 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I'm extremely proud i can call you my friend!

Thanks man.

Today is a good day. Another day with the baby. She slept in the afternoon, two whole hours! I actually woke her up gently so she'd go to sleep tonight. I didn't do a workout today, though I had plenty of time. oh well. Gonna get groceries soon. Dinner was ok, but I wasn't impressed (the fault is the recipe, not my execution). It was stuffed baked sweet potatoes. I used the potato function on the microwave to cook sweet potatoes, cut them in half, and stuffed them with a mixture of sliced onions I sautéed and mixed with rotisserie chicken and french onion soup. I topped each potato half with a slice of provolone cheese and put it in the broiler for a couple of minutes. I had steamed asparagus on the side. It was okay, but lacked something.

• Like 6

On 9/3/2020 at 11:36 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Our first in person service will be the 13th of September. 

That's the same day we will be doing our first in-person service

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That's the same day we will be doing our first in-person service

Except you live in the future so you'll do it the day before while at the same time doing it on the same day. :confused:

Yesterday was ok, I was so tired I didn't work out. Today's the last day of the challenge. It's Little Bit's first birthday!

I'm done here, new challenges go up tomorrow.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

I don't believe it! Has it really been a whole year??? Congratulations, less-tiny-than-before human! In the next year, you will double your age, a feat that you will never again repeat in such a short time frame. 

• Like 4